PDA

View Full Version : New Card Summary/Race switching mechanisms

The Pook
08-26-2016, 08:07 PM
Ted this may not be a bug but part of the new layout. When you are in a race there used to be an ability to get to further races at the same track by hitting the buttons at the bottom.

Now in the new version, from what I see you have to go to the card summary at the top and then to the race. Not as efficient as before. When flying through the races exporting info, this is an inconvenient extra step.

However I am loving the ability to import results and scratches etc. This saves a lot of work and makes the update worth the wait.

Pook

Ted Craven
08-28-2016, 11:15 AM
I moved this out of Bugs. Not a bug, rather a new behaviour (though still under construction). The method to access different races, either on a single card or multiple cards (or a multi-card race filter set) will evolve soon to look much like what MyRaces looks like now. The mechanism to switch between races will appear in the Sidebar, not vertically across the bottom of the Race window.

The current Sidebar 'Race Cards by Date' will essentially merge with the MyRaces portrayal of available races, including more filtering and selection options. Further, each Race node in the Sidebar listing will expand further to show the horses running in the race, providing another way to select horses in a given race.

Meanwhile, I added that extra Card Summary Tab in the top tab set for accessing different races. I know it's an extra step for now, but I needed the vertical screen real-estate!

Ted