PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga 2017 Aug 18-20 - P&C Gathering!

Jeebs
03-19-2017, 12:19 AM
Does anyone know if there is going to be a Pace and Cap gathering at Saratoga in August? I don't recall there being one the last two years. It would be nice to see some of you again as well as meet some new faces.

In any event, if nothing has been organized, perhaps this is the spot to get a ball rolling! Thoughts? :cool:

mick
03-19-2017, 07:02 AM
Jeebs,

Ted has mentioned a P&C gathering at Saratoga this summer, although he hasn't discussed dates or details yet. I plan to attend and I'm looking forward to it.

mick

mowens33
03-19-2017, 09:58 AM
Let's do it!

Mike

Bill V.
03-19-2017, 10:40 AM
I have not been to Saratoga for many years
If we gather I will plan to get there this year

It was a goal I set on Jan 1st

to see the breeders cup at Del Mar
and to make it back east to Saratoga

Jeebs
03-19-2017, 10:59 AM
I live less than 10 minutes from the track from where I live (Ballston Spa). Last year, I established myself in the back of the grandstand - facing the backyard right across from specialty boutique stores set up by local entrepreneurs. There are many tables available for free (unlike the Carousel which now charges for tables) with TVs and betting machines close by. You can even get up and walk to the front of the stands to catch the races. Downside is that heat rises, so it can be downright stifling on a humid day. But it is very laptop/tablet friendly.

I know that in past years, we shared the Festival Tent with Pace Advantage on Alabama weekend. It is the most ideal space since many members do "go live" with their tools and the ability to be undercover and have access to power sources and perhaps Wi-fi tethering (NYRA's Wi-fi, though much improved last year, is still unreliable).

Jeebs
03-19-2017, 11:02 AM
I have not been to Saratoga for many years
If we gather I will plan to get there this year

It was a goal I set on Jan 1st

to see the breeders cup at Del Mar
and to make it back east to Saratoga

I hope to see you, Bill (and others)... it would be nice to meet/acquaint/form new friendships through a Saratoga gathering.

Ted Craven
03-21-2017, 10:58 AM
I was about 50/50 on whether to spend some time in Saratoga this year. This tips my personal inclination towards going!

Should we get some tables again like last times? They are always sheltered, have power, betting kiosks right there. Or will the other locations Jeebs or Charlie B (Gandalf380) accommodate a group, with power and shelter and occasional peace to have conversations?

I had been thinking about Alabama Stakes weekend - our usual: August 18-20. I don't think PaceAdvantage members gather as a formal group anymore, though there are many folks who are members of both groups.

3 tables in the Festival tent (our previous location) accommodate 18 people uncomfortably, 12 - 15 more comfortably. Not sure 2017 pricing (usually comes out any week now - along with reservation requests). Depending on interest,4 tables might be optimal - everyone attending to chip in day by day to cover costs (I can front the $$$).

People can still purchase grandstand seats if they want to spend some time watching races live and some time in the group.

What say you all? If we're a go - I'll send out a general mailing. We could also arrange a Friday evening like we often do handicapping the Saturday Alabama Stakes at the NHPLAY offices or condo.

Ted

Jeebs
03-21-2017, 11:21 AM
I am a "go" if this is a "go"! I am off on Fridays and Saturdays with my new job (providing we are not on mandatory OT), so it would be perfect.

mick
03-22-2017, 09:38 AM
Those are good dates for me and I plan to attend.

Bill V.
03-22-2017, 04:39 PM
Count me in

Saratoga pace and cap weekend

Ted Craven
03-22-2017, 05:20 PM
OK, I'm in too! August 18 - 20, Friday - Sunday.

I'll do some work on finding the best place for a group to convene. Anyone who is serious about coming, please note it here (or message me privately) so we know how many tables to book in our usual Festival Tent location (or other location on track TBD).

Let's plan on a seminar/handicapping session/pizza party Friday night at the NHPLAY Condo meeting room - location to be announced.

Sounds like an adventure!

Ted

mowens33
03-22-2017, 07:07 PM
I'm in!

The Pook
03-23-2017, 07:41 AM
I will try and get there. I live north of the wall so it will depend on whether I am allowed through.

Pook

Brian Chamberlain
03-23-2017, 10:12 AM
Ted, I plan to be there, assuming I can resolve a conflicting trip that month. I'll give you a confirmation within a few days. Thanks!

Hey Pook, I am positive Canadian horse handicappers are allowed into the states. :)
Ted for sure! :) :)

mowens33
03-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Not sure what Trump would have to say about that?
But if you have some Russian ancestry you should be good to go!

gandalf380
03-23-2017, 11:06 AM
you can count me in

Brian Chamberlain
03-23-2017, 11:52 AM
I like this blog because it is about winning horse races and not politics. I am a novice on horse racing but US history, US politics is something I know a lot about and won't embarrass anyone not enlightened with the facts. If you want to comment please privately e-mail me.
Back to horses!

The Pook
03-23-2017, 11:58 AM
Back to horses!

Pook

mowens33
03-23-2017, 12:20 PM
Back to horses!

Mike

mowens33
03-23-2017, 12:52 PM
Not sure what Trump would have to say about that?
But if you have some Russian ancestry you should be good to go!

I apologize to anyone I may have offended, Brian is correct this is not the place for politics.

Mike

Ted Craven
03-23-2017, 01:34 PM
Charlie B is in the process of booking some tables for us all. 5 people per table would be comfortable. Tables are $90 each this year (way more than previous years :eek: ) and so a seat will be about $20 each per day! (Still cheap for the group experience though ... :) )

We're going for 3 tables on Friday and Saturday, and 2 on Sunday - based on guesstimates from previous years. That accommodates about 15 people Friday and Saturday, and 10 on Sunday (though nominally each table can seat 6, though not necessarily 6 computers plus papers ...)

So - SOON would be a good time to signal intention to come, so we have a good estimate. If need be, we can get an extra table or more. But I'd prefer not to over-order and eat the cost (versus spending it on the great Clam Chowder).

Folks who attend can pay their share of the table 'at the door', no worries - the costs are covered up front (all part of the service ;) )

Now I am getting excited!

Ted

Bill V.
03-23-2017, 02:41 PM
Yahoo
Lets make pace and cap day great

barb craven
03-23-2017, 11:03 PM
I guess I'd better get my passport renewed. I think I can handle another weekend at the Spa. It will be good to see you again. :)

gandalf380
03-24-2017, 04:49 PM
We have tables for Friday August 18, Saturday August 19, Sunday August 20. So seats are available first come first serve.

Jeebs
03-24-2017, 05:36 PM
How do I commit to my seat at the table?

The Pook
04-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Does anybody know the quality of wifi at Saratoga? I was hoping to be able to use RDSS on my iPad by remotely accessing my computer at home. It works fine for me at Woodbine. I would assume it should work there too but has anybody had experience with it?

Thanks
Pook

Jeebs
04-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Does anybody know the quality of wifi at Saratoga? I was hoping to be able to use RDSS on my iPad by remotely accessing my computer at home. It works fine for me at Woodbine. I would assume it should work there too but has anybody had experience with it?

Thanks
Pook

It wasn't terrible last year but NYRA wi-fi is hardly the last word in technology.

Ted Craven
04-06-2017, 11:43 AM
How do I commit to my seat at the table?

I count 8 people in this thread for 3 tables of 5 or 6 seats. You were #1! I think you're committed :)

Ted

Ted Craven
04-06-2017, 11:46 AM

Thanks
Pook

Even 3 years ago, wifi was usually pretty good. But like all tech (and some of us humans also) inconsistency is consistent ... ;)

Ted

The Pook
04-06-2017, 01:43 PM
Even 3 years ago, wifi was usually pretty good. But like all tech (and some of us humans also) inconsistency is consistent ... ;)

Ted

Well from what you and Jeebs have written I will take a shot with it. If worse comes to worse I will just look over everybody else's shoulders.

Thanks
Pook

mick
04-06-2017, 04:38 PM
Hey, Pook, that's a good strategy, as there will be some great shoulders to look over. I might leave my computer in the hotel. ;)

Bill V.
04-06-2017, 05:13 PM
I have a Verizon air card
I think it can handle 5 devices so folks can share mine if the Spa Wi-Fi craps out

The Pook
04-06-2017, 05:25 PM
I think it can handle 5 devices so folks can share mine if the Spa Wi-Fi craps out

Oh cool Bill! Thanks man.

Pook

Ted Craven
04-06-2017, 05:59 PM

Me too = another 4 + me. I'll pack a spare old Windows tablet (MS Surface 1) with RDSS 2.1 loaded, in case it's useful.

Ted

Jeebs
04-07-2017, 10:13 AM
I have 4G on my phone that I can hotspot if necessary, but I only do a 6 gig plan my wife and I split. Not sure how useful it would be.

mick
04-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Well, I'm booked. I'll be flying into Albany Thursday morning and flying out Monday night. Looking forward to seeing friends, both old and new. :)

Bill V.
04-10-2017, 06:15 PM
Me and my dad " Brooks" will be coming up together from Jersey

Dad is brushing up on his dime super skills waiting for his favorite track
Monmouth Park to open .

mowens33
04-11-2017, 07:20 AM
If anyone is interested in coming a little early?

This August 14 and 15, Equestricon – the first-ever international horseracing convention, fan festival, and trade show – is coming to Saratoga! Equestricon will feature interactive exhibits, behind-the-scenes tours, panel discussions, autograph signings, social events, and much, much more.

For horseplayers, Equestricon will feature at least six dedicated handicapping panels. Learn new strategies for your tournament play in the “Tournament Handicapping Workshop, presented by the NTRA,” hear about innovative products changing the game in “Advanced Handicapping Tools and Products, presented by Arlington International,” listen to stories from winning players in “Stories: Big Scores on Big Days, Presented by Kentucky Downs,” and further enhance your contest knowledge as part of other in-depth discussions.

For more information on Equestricon programming or ticket packages, please visit www.equestricon.com

Jeebs
04-13-2017, 12:16 AM
Me and my dad " Brooks" will be coming up together from Jersey

Dad is brushing up on his dime super skills waiting for his favorite track
Monmouth Park to open .

Is Brooks a Methodologist too or does he have his own methods?

Bill V.
04-13-2017, 01:11 AM
Dad has been a Sartin user just about as long as I have, He learned with validator
He started out just asking me for my top 4 BLBL He learned quickly so we won lots of superfectas together
When he started to pick his own lines, he was hooked.
Dad is big on class, jockey patterns and follows some trainers
He boxes his top blbl horses for some supers, orthe maybe exactas.

He uses the original lines on the top panel and the trip info panel on the second panel

Lt1
04-25-2017, 02:39 PM
Ok I'm booked see you all at the SPA.
Tim G

Ted Craven
04-26-2017, 10:29 AM
I thought I should make a list of those who have said they are coming to our Spa get together, so people know that they have a seat at the tables.

Confirmed

Jeebs (Tim B)
Mick (Michael T)
Bill V
Brooks (Joe V Sr)
Gandalf380 (Charlie B)
Ted Craven
Barb Craven
Mowens333 (Mike O)
The Pook (Mike P)
Lt1 (Tim G)
Rdiamond (Richard D)
Tazzerbobo (Don E)
RichieP (Richie & Karen)

Not Confirmed/Pending/Conditional ?

Bert Mayne
Mr Pagine (Jon L)

We paid $686 for 3 tables for 2 days and 2 tables for 1 day (Sunday). We'll figure out how much a seat at the table costs per day when we see how many finally show up. You can 'pay me at the door' :)

Just enter through the main front gates on Union Avenue and head to the 'Festival Tent', a hard-right inside the gate, past the bathrooms, a pub, some mutuel machines, to the big red & white striped tent with tables, next to the outside fence. At the tent, get a ticket from one of us who should be seated somewhere there so you can come and go. You can also make separate, and daily, arrangements for a Grandstand or Clubhouse seat to watch some of the races - spend some time with the group, some time watching races live, some time wandering around, etc!

Friday night will be a seminar/get together either at the usual NHPLAY offices, or the NHPLAY condo club room, downtown Saratoga - to be announced.

If anyone thinks they are coming and wants to sit at the tables 1 or more days, it would be an excellent idea to add yourself to this list!

Getting closer day by day, though next stop: Kentucky Derby!

Ted

Mr.Pagine
05-02-2017, 12:26 PM
I will not know until August, and it sounds like a great weekend, as you simply can't beat Saratoga in the summer.

Chat soon and Happy Punting!!

Jon Lee

Brian Chamberlain
05-05-2017, 01:40 AM
Hi Ted et al, I sure hate to miss Saratoga, I have a family conflict and will be studying the charts (stocks and horses--ha!) in Colorado in August. Hope there will be another opportunity. Let me know when you get back to Del Mar. Or visit Lone Star Park sometime, be glad to have you.
Regards,
Brian

Ted Craven
05-05-2017, 10:31 AM
Sorry I'll miss you Brian. Hopefully we'll catch up someday at Lone Star or at Del Mar. Have a great Spring and Summer!

Ted

tazzerbobo
05-27-2017, 11:57 AM
Does anyone know if there is going to be a Pace and Cap gathering at Saratoga in August? I don't recall there being one the last two years. It would be nice to see some of you again as well as meet some new faces.

In any event, if nothing has been organized, perhaps this is the spot to get a ball rolling! Thoughts? :cool:

Count me in. I'll be there for the meet.

tazzerbobo
05-27-2017, 12:03 PM
Ted,
I'm in for the cost of a seat for the 3 days should you book.

Don

gandalf380
07-06-2017, 05:49 PM
For those coming to the spa gathering, Monday August 21 is a Saratoga cooler bag giveaway. They are red and black and look really nice.

mick
07-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Sounds great, Gandalf. Now if I can just get it on the plane coming home ...
:)

Bill Lyster
07-07-2017, 01:07 PM
Overweight bag stuffed with cash perhaps??????

Mitch44
07-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Good one Bill Lyster.

Mitch44

mick
07-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Yes, indeed. Looking over Gandalf's shoulders, how can I miss? :D

Bill V.
07-07-2017, 10:08 PM
With the group, we will have. I expect my dad will be taking plenty of notes
He will at some point put it all together, and hit one of his superfectas

7- 7- 33
RIP mom/nomorebochi

Bill

mowens33
07-08-2017, 09:03 AM
Bill, your Dad is not the only one who will be taking notes with this crew!

Looking forward!!

Mike

barb craven
07-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Bill, tell your Dad I look forward to seeing him again (and you too of course); and all the rest of you too.

barb craven
08-10-2017, 11:10 AM
Last minute addition. Just heard from Richie P. he and his wife Karen want to come Saturday and/or Sunday, depending on whether and where they can find a hotel room. Bill, he's really looking forward to seeing you and your Dad. it's been a long time. Remember the surprise breakfast?

Ted Craven
08-10-2017, 01:19 PM
"We're getting the band back together ..."

dzOHq5WbQ8k

Ted Craven
08-10-2017, 02:42 PM
Just updating the bookkeeping a week before hand! Some folks are coming for 1 day, some for all 3 days, so it's a bit hard to price exactly the cost per seat at the tables.

This year, the tickets INCLUDE General admission, which means you can watch the races from the grandstand area apron trackside (but does not include a seat trackside - buy that separately each day, if available). I have some reserved Clubhouse seats for Sunday and Monday (if anyone's still there) which I can share with the group on a rotating basis.

This means, in order to NOT pay separately at the gate for general admission in order to get to the Festival Tent inside to pick up your tickets for the day :eek: - while still outside, simply look for the Festival Tent next to the fence a short way to the right of the main gates on Union Avenue, and smile and wave at someone you recognize inside at the P&C tables (tables are right next the fence): could be me, Mum, Bill V, Charlie B. They can pass you your ticket through the fence! We'll try to be there from 11:30am each day setting up. Or -- pay the $5 General Admission your first day and then pick up your Festival Tent seat tickets for the rest of the weekend.

So, let's say seats at the P&C gathering each day in the Festival Tent are $20 per day and that includes general admission, plus also pizza and beer or soft drinks at our Friday night gathering at the NHPLAY offices. :)

NHPLAY's offices are located at 125 High Rock Avenue in downtown Saratoga. Look for signs to the cafeteria, now on the ground floor. We'll meet starting at 7:30 pm. General questions, discussion, schmoozing and handicapping of Saturday's races!

Here is a Google Map (https://www.google.ca/maps/place/NHPLAY.COM/@43.088009,-73.7794804,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89de39d7be723baf:0x98a8481e524b2dc7!8m2!3d43.088009!4d-73.7783861?hl=en) to find that location. Use the side door from the parking lot, adjacent to the big park.

Recapping confirmed and potential attendance as of today Thursday Aug 10:

Confirmed

Jeebs (Tim B)
Mick (Michael T)
Bill V
Brooks (Joe V Sr)
Gandalf380 (Charlie B)
Ted Craven
Barb Craven
Mowens333 (Mike O)
The Pook (Mike P)
Lt1 (Tim G)
Rdiamond (Richard D)
Tazzerbobo (Don E)
RichieP (Richie & Karen)
DavHirst (Dave H)
Bert Mayne (Monday ...)

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week. Could be one of our biggest meetups yet!

Ted

RichieP
08-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Karen and I will be driving up late Saturday afternoon. Got a nice place in Albany for the overnight! Sunday at the Spa is the plan, REALLY looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone!!!

sureshotlink
08-10-2017, 09:13 PM
Hey Ted/Bill.V

Perhaps you guys can periscope the event for all of us who cannot attend.

That would be pretty Cool

Cheer's,

Paul

Bill V.
08-18-2017, 06:43 AM
Good Saratoga gathering Friday morning

Dad and I are having breakfast here in New Jersey
and then we are hitting the road up to Saratoga

I will be there!

Dad had a nice welcome home prize for me
My Pace and Cap golf shirt and a copy of the "can you help me" picture
with Richie

The Pook
08-18-2017, 01:47 PM
Pook is here. Where is everybody?

Pook

Bill V.
08-18-2017, 02:27 PM
Pook is here. Where is everybody?

Pook

Hi Pook

Dad and I just got to the hotel in Albany. It was a slow trip because of the rain
We will be there soon

Bill

Jeebs
08-18-2017, 03:12 PM
See you guys on Sunday!

dlivery
08-18-2017, 03:48 PM
Go get'm Rdss :1a:
Lawrence :D

I will be cheering hardy for all of you

Keep us all no shows entertained.

And let the winnings begin

Bill Lyster
08-19-2017, 10:44 AM
Who brought the donuts?

Ted Craven
08-19-2017, 10:54 AM
Charlie brought pizzas, I brought beer but no opener. Don found a bottle opener so all was well!
A rousing discussion was had on the Alabama (contentious) and the Del Mar Pacific Classic (boring - Arrogate: will he/won't he ...).

Depending on who you like, re Alabama:

3-1-5-2 or 5-2-6-1

Very nice to see about a dozen of us Friday! Barb, Don, Mick, Pook, Lt1, Mowens, Charlie & Missy, Richard D. Bill and Brooks finally made it later in the day :-)

Some photos today and tomorrow! Good racing luck, and enjoyment, to everyone this weekend!

Ted

Bill Lyster
08-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Nobody seems to have a great closing kick fps wise so I am going with the 9 and 3 and will include the 1 because I cannot get over what she has already accomplished.

raceman5
08-19-2017, 12:41 PM
My picks are the 1 and 9. Chad Brown trainer of the 1 has good stats going from turf to dirt and is also one of the few horses who has proved him self at a 1/1/4. And the 9 trained by Jason Servis( well I will bite my tongue on this guy)

Bob

barb craven
08-20-2017, 07:29 AM
Her's a few pics of Friday night. We had the lights out when I remembered to get out the camera, so they are few and dark, but here they are. Ted will come along an put all the names with the pics later.

Bill V

Lt1 (Tim G)

Brooks (Joe V, Bill's father)

Don E

It cleared for a bit on Friday, so Charlie took Mick, Missy and I into the ring.

barb craven
08-20-2017, 07:50 AM
And a few from in the tent yesterday. A much better day and everybody was intent on winning a few.

Richard D (standing) Charlie and Missy B (background) Bill V (foreground)

Mike O (mowens33) foreground beside Don E

Tim G (Lt1) and Bill V foreground, Ted C and Mick (background), Richard D (standing)

Don E in his thinking cap ;)

None of me, I'm the picture taker. For those who have never been to the Spa, here just one of the openings to the grandstand.

RichieP
08-20-2017, 08:54 AM
Karen and I had a blast last night, getting into town and having supper with Barb, Ted, Bill and Joe.

Food and company were great my goodness I haven't seen Bill's dad in probably 15 years and he looks the same!!! walks 2 miles a day and is in awesome shape! I miss hanging with Bill like the old days man so it is very special when I can see him and boy is he sharp!! :) Learned a lot listening to him and Ted talk races, strategies etc because I am pretty much out of racing as far as wagering, sharpness etc. Ted is very sharp, funny and one of the nicest men I have met.

Barb is my 2nd Mom and seeing her is so cool. She is always full of energy, great stories of adventure etc!! Karen loves her, says she is very real! :)

Today we head to the track and I cant wait to meet up with everyone and say hi! We are very lucky to be part of all this "good stuff"!!

a couple of photos from last night that my honey took.

mick
08-20-2017, 08:57 AM
Saratoga is truly special and so are my RDSS friends. What a wonderful group of people and a great gathering.

A special thanks to Ted and Charlie for making all of this happen.

Jeebs
08-20-2017, 08:58 AM
Saratoga is truly special and so are my RDSS friends. What a wonderful group of people and a great gathering.

A special thanks to Ted and Charlie for making all of this happen.

See you today?

mick
08-20-2017, 09:06 AM
See you today?

Yes, sir. I look forward to meeting you, Jeebs. I think we'll have a good crowd again today.

Bill V.
08-20-2017, 10:37 AM
I am sorry I will miss you today
Dad and I went home last night. We have a Varone family gathering at Monmouth Park today

It was a beautiful gathering, I have been to a bunch of these, This year really was a classic, It was an honor to get to meet so many wonderful people.

It really matters to get to know somebody, The look in their eye, The sound of their voice, the strength and warmness of the hug or handshake.

Thank you to all my friends who came and to those who look in on Pace and Cap

Peace and Good Skill
happy times today
Bill

Jeebs
08-20-2017, 10:38 AM
Have fun Bill! Maybe next year! Saratoga isn't going anywhere soon. Still looking forward to seeing everyone else!

Bill V.
08-20-2017, 10:54 AM
Karen and I had a blast last night, getting into town and having supper with Barb, Ted, Bill and Joe.

Food and company were great my goodness I haven't seen Bill's dad in probably 15 years and he looks the same!!! walks 2 miles a day and is in awesome shape! I miss hanging with Bill like the old days man so it is very special when I can see him and boy is he sharp!! :) Learned a lot listening to him and Ted talk races, strategies etc because I am pretty much out of racing as far as wagering, sharpness etc. Ted is very sharp, funny and one of the nicest men I have met.

Barb is my 2nd Mom and seeing her is so cool. She is always full of energy, great stories of adventure etc!! Karen loves her, says she is very real! :)

Today we head to the track and I cant wait to meet up with everyone and say hi! We are very lucky to be part of all this "good stuff"!!

a couple of photos from last night that my honey took.

A great end to a great weekend , RICH you and I have endured al long hard journey, but God answers prayers , In his own way and in time

Love
Bill

barb craven
08-20-2017, 07:40 PM
We were joined by Dr Z (William Ziemba), a great new friend!

Jeebs
08-20-2017, 10:02 PM
Very nice day to finally meet some of the guys on the board! Had the chance to finally meet Charlie (Gandolf), Richie and Karen, Richard D., Don, Mick and Tim (Lt1) and a few others whose names escape me (I apologize!) Lastly, it was nice to re-acquaint with Ted and his "mum" Barb, whom I sat across swapping horses and lies (:D) throughout the course of the afternoon! I wish that I had been able to see Bill V. and Mike (mowens) but next year is right around the corner! Looking forward to another P&C gathering and hopefully an extra day or two to really enjoy everybody's company. Let's make next year's gathering bigger and better!

~Tim (Jeebs)

Ted Craven
08-20-2017, 10:46 PM
Hey Tim! Great to see you again, and also to see the photos of your son (who is 4 years old this weekend). I remember when I saw you last at the Spa, he had just been born!

Hope your day with everyone was inspiring - I know it certainly was for me!

All good things!

Ted

Lt1
08-21-2017, 05:45 AM
Just wanted to say this was one great weekend and it was such a pleasure to finally meet so many of our group in person. It was really fun exchanging ideas and sharing a few old war stories. Thanks to Ted and Charlie for putting this together also a special thanks to Mick for ferrying me around.
Tim

barb craven
08-21-2017, 07:17 AM
It was so great to meet some new friends and reacquaint with some from years gone by. I'll have lots of time on the train today on the way back to Canada to work on some more pics I took yesterday so I will post them tonight or tomorrow. The wifi on the train doesn't always work. I think this was one of our best meets ever.

mick
08-22-2017, 09:09 AM
Just wanted to say this was one great weekend and it was such a pleasure to finally meet so many of our group in person. It was really fun exchanging ideas and sharing a few old war stories. Thanks to Ted and Charlie for putting this together also a special thanks to Mick for ferrying me around.
Tim

Anytime, Tim. I thought we made a good team - a retired judge and a retired NYPD Lieutenant. Nobody can top us for stories. :D

Lt1
08-22-2017, 09:15 AM
Hey Mick don't forget Mitch throwing the key after we did our thing lol.
Tim

The Pook
08-22-2017, 09:19 AM
Thankyou all! I had a blast at the track seeing some of you again and meeting new friends. The seminar Friday night was a lot of fun throwing ideas around about what we do. Thanks Ted and Charlie for the pizza and beer! It was cool putting that Pick4 ticket together with Mike and everybody's contenders even though it bombed. I'm sorry I missed meeting Richie and Jeebs on Sunday but maybe next time.

Thanks,
Pook

Ted Craven
08-22-2017, 09:28 AM
It was a great collection of people, most with long experience and success. All with more stories to tell than you can stand at one sitting! I had dinner Monday night with Dr Z and tried out a new joke: 'So a cop, a judge and 2 quants walk into a bar ...' :p I think he's still waiting for the punch line ...

Thanks everyone for coming - hope to see you all and more, next year!

Ted

mowens33
08-23-2017, 11:38 AM
I agree with Ted what a Great collection of people (now friends), I couldn’t have felt more at home. It was great to see everyone, my hope is that I get to see everyone (add more) again next year.

Mike