PDA

View Full Version : Finding previous RDSS Databases

Ted Craven
10-26-2017, 10:10 AM
A query:

... while I used RDSS2 I did not move my data base to RDSS2 but continued to use RDSS database. I had some difficulty with trying to transfer the data from RDSS to RDSS2 and you had said that when I was ready to do so I should let you know and that you would work with me through the procedures. It seems that with RDSS2.1 I am not able to access my old database in RDSS. I would immensely appreciate some help in getting access to my old database with the new RDSS2.1.It sounds like you are asking: how do I change the database used in RDSS 2.1. The answer is (and unrelated to this new RDSS V2.1) - use the Data Mgmt Tool found via that button on the RDSS Desktop to 'Switch' to a different database file. Simply navigate your file system using this tool to find whatever database file you want to use [files have a .DB extension], whether it is one from the previous RDSS2 [typically found on c:\rdss2\data\ folder] or the very first RDSS1 version [e.g. c:\rdss\data\]. Or ANYWHERE else on your computer including the many Example Databases available to download, including the new Breeders' Cup historical database.

Switching databases is unchanged since several years [though I admit it could use a User Interface tune-up]. Here is the FAQ and video tutorial on Switching databases using the Data Mgmt Tool: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=90093&postcount=5

Is it possible - instead - that you are asking: when I install RDSS V2.1, why does it NOT automatically default to using the same database as my previous version of RDSS2?

If so, well - I thought it did :eek:! If this is what you are reporting, please confirm here in this thread and I will enter it in the Bugs List (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10575) and check it out further by installing RDSS 2.1 on a 'clean' machine with only the previous RDSS2 installed, to see if it opens up sharing the existing database by default.

Thanks - and thanks in advance for replying online :)!

Ted