PDA

View Full Version : BRIS Prime Power Query

Jeebs
07-21-2018, 10:21 AM
Hi Ted,

How is the new RDSS pulling the BRIS Prime Power data from the internet? I had checked the Twinspires Mobile and cannot find the information on the site. Will RDSS subscribers have to purchase a BRIS data file to access Prime Power in addition to our Trackmaster download?

Thanks.

Ted Craven
07-21-2018, 10:43 AM
Well - it's by magic ;)

You won't need to buy it from TwinSpires, unless they restrict it in future. In due course (2019+), everything new in RDSS 2.1 will cost a little more (starting with whatever appears on the Rx+ screen and beyond). There will be a period of complimentary usage of new stuff for all users, then pay extra if you find it useful. At minimum for new stuff, folks will have to subscribe to the TrackMaster RDSS Bundle product (which includes Result Charts).

I have not determined how I want to proceed with all this. I'm working on getting it out to folks in the next while to work with (though there are still quite a number of vexing issues).

Ted

Jeebs
07-21-2018, 12:58 PM

well - it's by magic ;)

you won't need to buy it from twinspires, unless they restrict it in future. In due course (2019+), everything new in rdss 2.1 will cost a little more (starting with whatever appears on the rx+ screen and beyond). There will be a period of complimentary usage of new stuff for all users, then pay extra if you find it useful. At minimum for new stuff, folks will have to subscribe to the trackmaster rdss bundle product (which includes result charts).

I have not determined how i want to proceed with all this. I'm working on getting it out to folks in the next while to work with (though there are still quite a number of vexing issues).

Ted

Jeebs
07-22-2018, 08:55 PM
I hope that I didn't offend you Ted with my response... trying my hand at some light-hearted humor when you replied how RDSS picks up the query by "magic" :)

Ted Craven
07-22-2018, 09:09 PM
No Problem, Tim :) And, always a fan of Wayne and Garth!

See you in Saratoga!

Ted

Jeebs
07-22-2018, 09:45 PM
You bet! I'm about 50% certain for Friday, 90% certain for Alabama Saturday, and absolute zero chance on Sunday (Son's birthday/birthday party :))...

For future consideration, there is a neat area upstairs right adjacent to the new "The Stretch" portion of the grandstand. That area used to have a series of boutique shops that nobody ever went to, so they took them out and replaced the shops with a huge wall of TVs and self-betting terminals. It's kind of like a small simulcast parlor, but with easy access to the top of the grandstand if one wants to watch the race live instead of on a monitor. To the left of the tables are regular betting windows. The tables are round, but roomy, much roomier than the old tables that were there in past years. They can easily accommodate multiple laptops and there are outlets on many of the support columns, making running an extension cord a breeze.