View Full Version : How Would You Describe an Optional Claiming Race
Turbulator
06-08-2006, 02:58 AM
I don't remember seeing these kinds of races back in 1998-99 when I was playing regularly. How long have optional claiming races been around?
Are they just as they sound? You can be claimed or not? Whose option is it--the trainer/owner?
Finally, are OC races similar to allowance races in some degree?
It sounds obvious, but I guess I don't know what an optional claiming race is.
Thanks,
Steve
Turbulator
06-08-2006, 03:02 AM
Here are the conditions of the race I was looking at.
admin
06-08-2006, 04:39 AM
Hi
I would say its an allowance race
If you want to enter your horse you can also put it for sale at the race claiming amount in these races some of the horses can not be claimed some can
Sort of like when you put your car for sale yourself
You could go to a dealer and take market value like (the regular claiming game)
But you would rather put it for sale in your driveway
hoping to get a little more money and also making sure since $50000
is a good amount at most tracks, Your horse is going to good connections
My way of looking at it
Bill
shoeless
06-08-2006, 06:31 AM
According to James Quinn who is an expert on class these races are are a hybrid of claiming and allowance conditions.The usual winners of these races will be high priced claiming horses.I highly recommend The Handicappers Condition Book by him it's a great book on class.Jeff
Turbulator
06-08-2006, 11:02 AM
According to James Quinn who is an expert on class these races are are a hybrid of claiming and allowance conditions.The usual winners of these races will be high priced claiming horses.I highly recommend The Handicappers Condition Book by him it's a great book on class.Jeff
I've looked for this book in the past, but it's hard to find. In my screen shot below from the race I posted above where would it say that the horse can or cannot be claimed?
Thanks
Turbulator
06-08-2006, 11:08 AM
While I'm at it I have two more questions about these Trackmaster PDF race card downloads.
1. What does MT and AE mean next to the horses names.
2. There appear to be two speed ratings for each line, one in bold print. I have no idea what these are or what they mean.
Any explanations appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve
dugoutgold
06-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Hmmm the bold number might..be the trackmaster adjusted speed rating and the other the DRF one...maybe, Id email/call trackmaster and ask them, they should help best Doug
Turbulator
06-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Hmmm the bold number might..be the trackmaster adjusted speed rating and the other the DRF one...maybe, Id email/call trackmaster and ask them, they should help best Doug
Thanks. I called Trackmaster, and in case anybody is interested if a horse is eligible to be claimed there will be a claiming amount next to his name or number.
MT means main track only.
AE means also eligible.
The two numbers that look like speed ratings are:
1. Race class
2. Speed rating (bold print)
dugoutgold
06-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Glad to be of some help, If I recall I think you stated that you had Aodds 98 for windows. Im wondering what and were (BRIS hat files?) files are that you download for it since it runs underwindows. Id love to get my hands on that program as I used the old aodds gold with quad rater way back.
Best, Doug
Turbulator
06-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Glad to be of some help, If I recall I think you stated that you had Aodds 98 for windows. Im wondering what and were (BRIS hat files?) files are that you download for it since it runs underwindows. Id love to get my hands on that program as I used the old aodds gold with quad rater way back.
Best, Doug
I don't have Aodds 98 for windows, Aodds Gold or Quadrater, so you must have me confused with somebody else. I'd love to get a hold of any of those older programs and others that I don't have as well.
I just got a copy of Phase3. Not that I'll use it all that much, but I like to look at them and see what they were all about.
vBulletin® v3.8.11, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.