View Full Version : Friday night race of the week
Forego
07-05-2006, 10:43 AM
it is race 8 at mountaineer at a mile and a sixteenth.
here are the race conditions. I do not want to post the past performances as it is probably not a good idea
good luck everybody
F.B.
Forego
07-05-2006, 10:59 AM
I will take win bets on the 7 and 4 with no exactas this week. here are the readouts on bottom line betting line screen.
RichieP
07-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Mountaineer Race 8 - 8.5f
Gonna use Val 2006 which I am testing.
I'll take a win bet on the 3rd tiered # 6 at 8/1 ml
Also a 3 horse exacta box on my top 3 guys who have a nice gap over the
4th ranked horse.
My Bets:
$ 8.00 win - # 6
$ 2.00 Exacta Box - 7-5-6 = $ 12.00
Total Bet = $ 20.00
Richie
jms62
07-06-2006, 05:30 AM
15.00 Win 7
5.00 Win 10
5.00 Win 4
1.00-tri key 7-10/7-10-4-9-6 =24.00
Total: 49.00
shoeless
07-06-2006, 07:30 PM
I will go with the 5&9 Jeff
Jonathan Steele
07-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Richie wrote:
"Gonna use Val 2006 which I am testing."
Huh? Is this the first mention of this version? Watz the difference between it and Val 3? Please fill us in.
Thanks.
Jon :D
alydar_ David
07-07-2006, 03:08 AM
Looks like the old 69. And this looks like a nice betting race.
Win Bets:
#6 Morethanrisque @ 8-1 MLO (add a place bet too)
#9 Gone Courting @ 9/2 MLO
Exacta Box:
6-9-2
Trifecta Box:
6-9-2-7
RichieP
07-07-2006, 06:26 AM
Richie wrote:
"Gonna use Val 2006 which I am testing."
Huh? Is this the first mention of this version? Watz the difference between it and Val 3? Please fill us in.
Thanks.
Jon :D
Jon,
check this out
http://bindfold.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1336
Then this one
http://bindfold.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1331
cprescigno
07-07-2006, 09:02 AM
I think the 9 improves after the Layoff and the 6F Sprint tune up. He should be ready to go and turn in his best performance yet.
WIN 9 $20
EX 9-7 $10
Tri -9-7-2 $3
Charlie
admin
07-07-2006, 04:54 PM
here you go Forego
Great race for our race of the week
I'm sure as usual the group
will be all over this race
My look
$15 win bets # 6 and #7
good Skill Everyone
Houndog
07-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Another tough race. I will just post up 2 shots in Energy.
Houndog
07-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Actually going to post one more after this. My mistake.
Houndog
07-07-2006, 06:19 PM
I am going to use #7 Take The Prize and #10 Proud Memories as my win contenders. Will use these with #2 A Good Day To Run and #6 Morethanrisque.
Houndog
07-07-2006, 10:43 PM
RichieP, when you hit you hit big. Great price on the winner and exacta!!!
Also cogratulations to alydar_david and our admin Bill on also having some good money on the winner. All you need is just one like this and it will make your day.
This streak is really amazing, because I thought this race was the hardest by far.
Houndog
07-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Richie, you also had the tri in your readouts with just 4 horses. Looks like Validator and yourself did a good job adjusting #6's paceline. If I enter the same line you did using Energy I would have to use the alternate adjustment to get the horse.
Energy actually liked the last line for 6 better. You would never know by looking at it until you saw the readouts. I entered the top 2 lines for #6 using Thoromation and I got the warning about having to maybe using the alternate adjustment. I tried that and both of the lines showed 2 and 3rd on the Thoromation Screen.
I actually took a small win and place flyer on the #6 and across the board bet on #10 because of the odds. I will do this often when odds are 10-1 and over. This is just a little bit of wisdom I got from Doc Sartin in one of the Follow-Ups.
Just these 2 small bets made up for the exacta boxes and keys I did not hit. I also did not hit on my main win contenders. It is perfectly OK to make a smaller bet on your third and in my case 4th horse when the odds warrant it.
I feel if I go through all the trouble of getting it down to 4 or 5 horses I might as well try to make money where I find it. So just by doing this I turned a substantial loss into a minor gain. This really helps your psychological well being when you even have a small bet on a horse that was nearly 20-1.
Tier 3 does it again. Good going.
admin
07-08-2006, 01:25 AM
Real nice job Rich
Tier 3 baby!!
Way to go to all who had this one at 18/1
Thanks Forego for a great race
RichieP
07-08-2006, 03:25 AM
" your Bombs will show up in tier 3." - Howard Sartin
That worked.
Congrats to all
Rich
RichieP
07-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Here is the result chart for the race.
" Rich I am working races using Val and just picturing Doc sitting next to me watching" - Binder
Next week Charlie calls the shots. He might be offering some of his home made " crab sauce" to the winners :D
Rich
jms62
07-13-2006, 06:30 AM
Is there No Race this week ?
jms62
07-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Is there No Race this week ?
Sorry bout that I lost a day and thought today was Friday... lol
vBulletin® v3.8.11, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.