PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Classic

turfcraft
08-15-2006, 11:40 PM
I thought this looked like a very challenging race to do the matchup.
Ignor texcess and that's an outrage,they will not run.I looked at this race
a long time,and the million dollar ? is can patb go wire to wire in this race?
I think the only one that could foil his plans would be Lava Man.
The reason I think this race is tough to look at is such a variety amount
of different fractions.For example in the hol gold cup they were crawling
early.I sure would like some advice on this race,again I really think this
race evovles around patb.
David
http://www.dmtc.com/frame.php?f=/horsemen/noms/19-pp.pdf

THE HAT
08-18-2006, 06:57 AM
David,

I can see why this race is an intriguing race to Match Up. There are many possibilities in the race, but Lava Man is the horse to beat. His odds will be so low that you will be unable to bet on him, or against him. Preachingatthebar is a good early horse, but as you stated Lava Man could catch him. Magnum is an intriguing horse. This will be a good race to watch and find better wagering opportunities, or play a couple of exotics.

The Hat

richrosa
08-20-2006, 10:09 AM
The better race on the Del Mar card today is the Pat O'Brien Handicap a G2 at 7f, which includes the 2nd off layoff race for 2 yr. old champion Declan's Moon, who I thought would win the Derby last year before getting hurt, Battle Won, and Siren Lure, who has been really sharp lately.

There's a lot of ways to go and angles you could throw at this race.

admin
08-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Richrosa
It is clearly stated in the Hat Check area that this forum is
strickly to ask Mr Bradsaw questions and It is his area to post his thoughts
Please post selections in the selection area or in the
Handicapping discussion area

richrosa
08-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Oh sorry. I won't do that again.

Jim, what do you think of the earlier race on the Del Mar card today is the Pat O'Brien Handicap a G2 at 7f, which includes the 2nd off layoff race for 2 yr. old champion Declan's Moon, who I thought would win the Derby last year before getting hurt, Battle Won, and Siren Lure, who has been really sharp lately? The match up between these three is going to be interesting. How do you see it?

RichieP
08-20-2006, 08:07 PM
David,

I can see why this race is an intriguing race to Match Up. There are many possibilities in the race, but Lava Man is the horse to beat. His odds will be so low that you will be unable to bet on him, or against him. Preachingatthebar is a good early horse, but as you stated Lava Man could catch him. Magnum is an intriguing horse. This will be a good race to watch and find better wagering opportunities, or play a couple of exotics.

The Hat

Right call on the Lava horse Hat.

As you say " odds to short to bet him". your advice to me is " put him in a pick 3 or double Rich and take somethingouta the race"

Thanx Jim!
Rich