PDA

View Full Version : Post Time Daily PP's

Houndog
10-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I downloaded the Post Time Daily software that enables you to open the Post Time Daily racecards. To me they seem to show better on your monitor than other products I have tried. It also seems to print more quickly than the competitors offerings.

Printing PP's seems to be faster and the actual printout is larger and easier to read. In the past I have downloaded Bris's PDF PP's when I was trying to play a track that was not in the printed copy of the DRF. This is not meant to be a commercial, but was wondering what other people's opinion on this was.

Thanks.

Fast4522
10-05-2006, 07:36 PM
The main consideration is the other software that you use.
I am a Bris guy because I have several programs that work with the single file format. I also used Hat files long ago and the Custom PP Generator will print all file formats it sells as well as configure to how you like to see it, plus I like the price of the Bris Custom PP Generator $0.00

shoeless
10-05-2006, 07:40 PM
I prefer Formulator 4.1 by the DRF.I like the trainer stats and also the ability to go way back in the past performances.Also you can get 3 cards for 3.50 and post time it would run you 4.50.Jeff

Houndog
10-05-2006, 07:43 PM
If you are using the single file format for other programs I see your point. I have not used the Past Performance Generator in a while so I really need to compare apples to apples. From Bris I was just downloading the PDF pp' s so it is not really a fair comparison.

Fast4522
10-05-2006, 07:49 PM
If you use the PDF PP's, which can not be beat @ $0.00 if you bet the card with Bris. I started out with Bris long ago when Aodds first came out and always printed both the Aodds screens as a cover sheet and the PP's when I went to the track, back in the day before the internet.

shoeless
10-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Fast,If you use bris bet and play that card the pp's are free,I wasnt aware of that.Where do you download them from?Jeff

Fast4522
10-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Download the ultimate PP's $3 (in PDF) format, bet any race from that card with Bris Bet, the file you download becomes No Charge! I DL the Bris Single file format (CSV comma File) because I bet with bris I get the 15 % discount or rebate on all my DL files so the $1 file are only really 85 cents per card with several programs that work with them.

shoeless
10-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Fast,Thanks very much for the info I bet with Bris as well.Jeff

cprescigno
10-06-2006, 08:33 AM
I use the Post TIme Daily files also. I have a lot of trouble reading the DRF PP files. I am able to print up these files in a large view and can see them fine on paper and they are really great if you are just working off the screen. When I print I go to landscape mode. In it's largest mode it will cut off the far right side of the screen knocking out the last tendem race. You can either print it one size down, which is still readable, or print to legal paper which will show everything.
For working the Match Up where you aren't importing the data anywhere these are the best PP files I have seen so far and I use them daily.
I haven't used a computer program in months to pick a horse.

Charlie

Houndog
10-06-2006, 04:53 PM
I use the Post TIme Daily files also. I have a lot of trouble reading the DRF PP files. I am able to print up these files in a large view and can see them fine on paper and they are really great if you are just working off the screen. When I print I go to landscape mode. In it's largest mode it will cut off the far right side of the screen knocking out the last tendem race. You can either print it one size down, which is still readable, or print to legal paper which will show everything.
For working the Match Up where you aren't importing the data anywhere these are the best PP files I have seen so far and I use them daily.
I haven't used a computer program in months to pick a horse.

Charlie

Charlie, and everyone elso thanks for the comments. Just as you said, that's what I noticed about these PP's. If you don't need company lines you can print them fine in portrait mode with the enlarged view. If you have a larger monitor 19" for example you can view most everything in the super enlarged view. As you said since you are working the match-up without using a computer program these PP's seem to be a good choice.

shoeless
10-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Fast,I downloaded a file into the pp generator and the pp's are good with how you can enlarge them as well as use the different filters.Jeff

Fast4522
10-08-2006, 02:10 PM
After install config it to your liking. Bris PP Custom Generator is not for PDF files.

Fast4522
10-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Once installed you can learn & configure as you go easy.

shoeless
10-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Fast,Thanks for the post I appreciate it.Jeff

Fast4522
10-08-2006, 04:16 PM
My wife loves Val M, and she uses it with the PP Generator, of course configured how she likes the display output with Val M window which she moves around on top of the lines.

Fast4522
10-08-2006, 04:52 PM
You can change the order left to right of things by changing the order numbers. But if you like it don't forget to save things or it revert to the defualt.

shoeless
10-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Fast ,Thanks again,that's great that you wife enjoys cappin as well.My wife used to go with me but now will only go if we are going up to Charles Town for dinner on a Sat night.

Fast4522
10-08-2006, 05:36 PM
She loves the 10 cent supers, there is no place like home when its dime supers and Bris control panel versus a teller, 3 computers going on a 8 foot table beats the tracks lines anytime.