View Full Version : a radical proposal
tompkins
10-14-2006, 02:58 PM
As one who usually goes against the grain making decisions on what the I FIND rather than listening to the crowd, I propose (from limited experience) that POLYTRACK is NOT going to do anything to bias except set up characteristic biases at the courses JUST THE WAY the old dirt courses did or continue to do. SO FAR, Keeneland has completley changed, but folks forget that not only was the surface changed, but the LAYOUT of the course and it some of the gradients in the old course were flattened.
Woodbine has not radically changed. In the big feature today the top two e/l horses ran 1 -3 just the same way as the course has always run. SO FAR, Polytrack is simply making each course distinct just like the dirt does.
4th race - Woodbine - October 14, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
3 Barracuda Boy 10.40 5.60 8.30
2 Sextet 13.60 18.00
4 Pellegrino (BRZ) 11.00
admin
10-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Mr Tompkins
How are you coming up with the remark The top two
rated on the Late/Early
Issues
The winner of the race is # 3
ok you show two lines for this horse
Line1 for #3 shows a -4.0 late with a total energy of 162.1
which is ranked 7th and a little less than 7 points to
the #6 horse which your showing two lines for
One from line2 with a -16 late and 1 from line 3 with a 5 Early
each of these lines has a much higher total energy
figure than the winner
or the show horse # 4 and each line is very near the readouts
for the 4 and the 3 but these are much less supported by total energy
from what or were are you getting this statement
In the big feature today the top two e/l horses ran 1 -3 just the same way as the course has always run.
Please help me with this as it seems confusing to
the readers
Bill
tompkins
10-15-2006, 01:59 PM
The total energy has NOTHING to do with the e/l relativity NOTHING....as again it hits as a splitzacta. It is simply Order within Chaos telling us the relative energy distributions of the horses in this field and has NOTHING to do with any other screen which would just confuse the issue. E/L relativity, at the courses where it works, is simple and a dynamite handicapping angle. It is still working well after 5 years since I discovered it. If folks want to use it, consider it, or pass on it, it is up to them.
This angle was substantiated after reading the great book BLINK by Malcolm Galdwell. People owe themselves the experience of his ideas on implicit understanding. They are universal.
2nd race - Woodbine - October 15, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
7 And a Bump 12.90 5.70 3.30
2 Dancer's Flyer 8.80 4.90
1 Diamond Blues 2.50
$2 Triactor 7-2-1 241.30
$2 Daily Double 7-7 140.70
$2 Exactor 7-2 107.60
RichieP
10-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Mr Tompkins
How are you coming up with the remark The top two
rated on the Late/Early
Issues
The winner of the race is # 3
ok you show two lines for this horse
Line1 for #3 shows a -4.0 late with a total energy of 162.1
which is ranked 7th and a little less than 7 points to
the #6 horse which your showing two lines for
One from line2 with a -16 late and 1 from line 3 with a 5 Early
each of these lines has a much higher total energy
figure than the winner
or the show horse # 4 and each line is very near the readouts
for the 4 and the 3 but these are much less supported by total energy
from what or were are you getting this statement
In the big feature today the top two e/l horses ran 1 -3 just the same way as the course has always run.
Please help me with this as it seems confusing to
the readers
Bill
looks like u entered a wrog line in this race the top 2 are the 4 and 6 -winner is ranked 3rd on the screen - think that is what is causing the confusion
not in any way meant to invalidate the angle - just not on the screen shown
check it out
hope all is well
Rich
tompkins
10-15-2006, 02:21 PM
from what or were are you getting this statement
In the big feature today the top two e/l horses ran 1 -3 just the same way as the course has always run.
From MY studies of the energy distribtuion of winners, I have come to understand that a race is NOT all velocity and NOT all position (a la Brohammer) but somewhere in between.
From years of education one thing is clear: there are NO absolutes about anything. You have to look between the lines to find hidden order if it is there. I found it.
tompkins
10-15-2006, 02:54 PM
4th race - Woodbine - October 15, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
3 Count to Three 5.10 3.40 2.70
1 Culpeper Moon 7.40 3.80
4 Exit to Heaven 3.30
$2 Triactor 3-1-4 94.20
$2 Exactor 3-1 28.70
Order within chaos e/l relativity shows again at this race course. Two out of the highest three run 1-2.
tompkins
10-15-2006, 03:02 PM
three of four races tells one that this order is there.
3rd race - Woodbine - October 15, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
3 Sanibel Star 10.40 3.80 2.40
8 Poetic Fan 2.50 2.10
4 Not in My House 2.50
$2 Exactor 3-8 27.10
admin
10-15-2006, 04:18 PM
looks like u entered a wrog line in this race the top 2 are the 4 and 6 -winner is ranked 3rd on the screen - think that is what is causing the confusion
not in any way meant to invalidate the angle - just not on the screen shown
check it out
hope all is well
Rich
Thanks Rich
Nice Job Mr Tompkins, your angle looks very strong
again I was just speaking for the readers as we see something and you
said something else Just doing my job
Bill
Total energy Is very much a part of the E/L readout as it was developed by Doctor Sartin
Not the relativity you speak of
So I feel my opinion is just as valid as yours
Good Skill
Bill V
tompkins
10-15-2006, 04:32 PM
You do what works even though it is not written down in some 10 year old magazine.
admin
10-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Actually It was right from Doc's mouth
I was working a race with him on the phone
I missed a $31.00 winner, Doc asked me why I did not
bet It? I said because it was 19.5 on the E/L
He said with a bit of anger "What Is it's total Energy?"
I said 170 Ranked # 1 He said to use both readouts together
thats why they are on the screen
I hardly use the readout anymore
when I am using software I will glance at the screen and just look
for Counter energys or extream earlys or lates I can eliminate
But Your screen shots are impressive
wish you much success
Bill
tompkins
10-15-2006, 05:01 PM
8th race - Woodbine - October 15, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
2 Hydethetreasure 10.00 5.40 3.70
4 One for Nicky 4.00 2.90
7 Belle of Ascot 4.30
$2 Triactor 2-4-7 243.20
$2 Exactor 2-4 44.30
Hard to deny something that keeps repeating and repeating.
admin
10-15-2006, 05:19 PM
both lines shown
wild early for the 7.0 line 1
tompkins
10-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Doesn't get much more clear cut than this one.
9th race - Woodbine - October 15, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
5 Gigi's Charm 15.00 7.60 4.40
1 Great Auntee 5.50 3.60
2 Straightlittlelady 7.10
$2 Triactor 5-1-2 593.40 ran 5-1-2-8
$2 Exactor 5-1 79.50
$1 Pick 3 1-2-5 (3 correct) 25.85
That wild early was IMPROVING early speed.
admin
10-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Yes best early with top 3
Total Energy = a healthy $15 winner
tompkins
10-15-2006, 07:21 PM
more order within chaos right on the e/l screen.
8th race - Oak Tree At Santa Anita - October 15, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
8 Razen Hazen 6.40 3.60 2.60
7 Hole in the Head 4.20 3.00
6 Lite Man 3.00
$2 Daily Double 5-8 28.20
$1 Exacta 8-7 11.50
Top two e/ls run 1-2
admin
10-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Once again
Top 3 Total Energyand Early readout
dominates this cheap(for OSA) claimer
at 6 furlongs
tompkins
10-15-2006, 09:36 PM
e/l relativity is a way to view the entire field, NOT limiting observation to the winner. It allows one to isolate entries into the exacta, trifecta. A way of putting the field into relative positions.
admin
10-16-2006, 04:22 AM
Very good
I wish you success in what ever your doing
tompkins
10-17-2006, 12:53 PM
works even better in the bad weather. A UNIVERSAL angle working better at speed favoring courses.
1st race - Philadelphia Park - October 17, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
2 General Principle 13.40 5.40 3.00
5 Cary Me 2.60 2.20
4 Carolina's Punch 2.40
$2 Exacta 2-5 36.00
$2 Trifecta 2-5-4 81.40
tompkins
10-17-2006, 02:40 PM
6th race - Philadelphia Park - October 17, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
1 In a Blaze O Glory 4.40 2.40 2.10
5 Esclarecido (BRZ) 2.80 2.60
4 Majestic Lake 2.80
$2 Exacta 1-5 10.80
$2 Trifecta 1-5-4 26.80
everyone and his brother saw this one but look to the e/l rankings to see Order within Chaos.
tompkins
10-17-2006, 04:24 PM
e/l exacta.
10th race - Philadelphia Park - October 17, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
8 Blue's Nugget 11.40 4.20 3.00
6 Silver Proof Set 2.40 2.20
4 Pass the Sword 4.40
$2 Exacta 8-6 26.80
$2 Superfecta 8-6-4-5 503.60
$2 Trifecta 8-6-4 125.20
Turbulator
10-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Maybe I'm just dense, and I've reread your original post several times, but I just don't understand what it is you're doing? What are you looking at to base your decision?
Thanks
tompkins
10-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Maybe I'm just dense, and I've reread your original post several times, but I just don't understand what it is you're doing? What are you looking at to base your decision?
Thanks
look at the relative VALUES of these e/l numbers
Turbulator
10-17-2006, 10:02 PM
look at the relative VALUES of these e/l numbers
I still don't get it.
tompkins
10-18-2006, 08:26 PM
4th race - Woodbine - October 18, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
2 Put Upon 5.20 3.60 3.20
7 Garzon 8.60 6.20
9 Lahave 3.90
$2 Triactor 2-7-9 326.20
$2 Exactor 2-7 64.50
tompkins
10-19-2006, 01:34 PM
1st race - Woodbine - October 19, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
6 Very Professional 19.10 8.60 4.70
4 Size Matters 4.80 3.10
5 Tiger Claw 3.30
$2 Triactor 6-4-5 233.00
$2 Exactor 6-4 81.20
with the energy coordination, this was an automatic bet on the 6 and 9. Again this is CHARACTERISITIC of the 7.0 furlong e/l normal for that course even BEFORE the surface change.
Turbo,
Makes two of us, I haven't see any race posted before the fact, yet.
Pino
partsnut
10-20-2006, 09:59 AM
PINO: Turbo,
Makes two of us, I haven't see any race posted before the fact, yet.
Pino
I BELIEVE THAT "TOMPKINS" MADE SOME STRONG POINTS.
HIS SCREENSHOTS INDICATE THAT HE IS DEFINITELY ON THE RIGHT
TRACK.
"NEVER LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH." :D
IN AN EFFORT TO LEND CREDIBILTY TO HIS POSTINGS, I'VE
HANDICAPPED 8 RACES FROM TODAYS KEENLAND.
I'VE INCORPORATED HIS METHOD INTO MINE.
THE RACES IN QUESTION ARE ON THE NEW POLYTRACK SURFACE.
I AM A WIN BETTOR SO I'LL POST MY WIN BET CHOICES.
RACE - 1.....(9)
RACE - 3.....(1)
RACE - 4.....(9)
RACE - 5.....(3)
RACE - 7.....(7)
RACE - 8.....(3)
RACE - 9.....(2)
RACE - 10...(12)
Bill,
I don't understand the methods that Tompkins is using, and how he uses. Call me obtuse, but isn't clear to me, yet. As for credibility, at least you post races before the fact, and for me that is credibility, untill then.........
Pino
RAMON201
10-20-2006, 11:10 AM
What he's doing in the screenshot above is using the positive number 15.5 for the #6 Very P combined with its Total Energy of 171.7 and also using the positive 16.6 for Relau with its total energy of 171.7. The two best horses in the race if the odds were right they would both be win bets.
tompkins
10-20-2006, 11:19 AM
WARNING: This only works at SOME tracks and Keeneland is NOT ONE OF THEM. BEWARE!!
Also it has OFTEN nothing to do with total energy, just the relative positivity of the e/l to the rest. It is for finding mulitple horses in exotics.
partsnut
10-20-2006, 12:15 PM
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 12781" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>tompkins</TD><TD class=alt2>WARNING: This only works at SOME tracks and Keeneland is NOT ONE OF THEM. BEWARE!!
Also it has OFTEN nothing to do with total energy, just the relative positivity of the e/l to the rest. It is for finding mulitple horses in exotics.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
You good work does not go unoticed. It might be possible that your
method is good for the tracks that you play and the way you interpret
them. Because of your postings, and doing some test races, there is a strong possibility that these numbers can also be modified to all tracks. providing that one can come up with the correct contenders and for the most part, the appropriate pace lines. Today is more or less a test run at Keenland because of it's degree of difficulty. Hopefully, the results will be positive. Nice work.
partsnut
10-20-2006, 01:31 PM
So far we have 2 scratches:
RACE - 1.....(9) Scratched
RACE - 3.....(1)
RACE - 4.....(9)
RACE - 5.....(3)
RACE - 7.....(7)
RACE - 8.....(3) Scratched
RACE - 9.....(2)
RACE - 10...(12)
tompkins
10-20-2006, 01:38 PM
3rd race - Keeneland - October 12, 2006
Off at: 2:16 Race Type: Allowance
Age Restriction: Three Year Old and Upward
Value of Race: $50,440
Distance: Six Furlongs
Surface Type: All Weather Track Track Condition: Fast
Winning Time: 1:09.44
Pgm Horse Jockey Win Place Show
7 Bammel Shaun Bridgmohan 30.80 11.60 5.20
2 Dance Man Phil Teator 12.80 5.40
3 Cotton King Rafael Bejarano 2.20
Also ran: 1A - Shark , 1 - Battle Ridge , 6 - Regwell , 4 - Sky Diving
partsnut
10-20-2006, 02:38 PM
We lost race (3). A good reason why is because I failed to get the winner as a contender. That always helps.:D
However, I don't expect to be successful in every race
partsnut
10-20-2006, 04:09 PM
We lost race (4) and once again we failed to include the winner as a contender, although it was favored.
We won race (5) and at this point I am slightly behind but not enough to
think about.
Let see what races 7, 9 and 10 bring.
tompkins
10-20-2006, 04:17 PM
7th race - Woodbine - October 20, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
3 Ide Be Gone 10.80 5.10 3.50
4 Tall Cool One 3.40 2.90
1 Strabane Trail 5.40
$2 Triactor 3-4-1 297.20
see the "structure" in this tri? Top four e/l's give you a nice payoff
partsnut
10-20-2006, 04:27 PM
We won race (7) at a short price but enough to put me on the plus side.
As of now we are 2 wins out of 4 races with races 9 and 10 to go.
Tompkins, your research looks very much like a plus.
tompkins
10-20-2006, 04:42 PM
8th race - Woodbine - October 20, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
1 Sealy Hill 7.90 3.70 2.80
3 My List 3.10 2.50
4 Small Lies 4.20
$2 Triactor 1-3-4 105.50
top four e/l's gives one the exacta.
partsnut
10-20-2006, 05:53 PM
We won the 9th Race and had a scratch in the 10th.
3 - 5 winners on the day on a polytrack surface.
Thompson, I'm impressed. :D
tompkins
10-20-2006, 05:58 PM
it has been working for years. For a long while I was one of those slavish adhering to the rules (total energy for one) and upon review, found this "hidden structure" that kept repeating. Epiphany time.
admin
10-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Nice work
Bill and Tompkins
good to see your work in action
Thanks
Bill
partsnut
10-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Tompkins has contributed some very valuable information that should be explored by those that truly want to win.
In an effort to further prove his research, I've once again incorporated it into my method and the software that I use. Today, at PHA there are some sustained varigate type races that should prove to be interesting.
I can, and without hesitation, say that it works well on an early varigate.
As most of you know, I am a one horse win bettor.
The top horse would be my choice.
Here's todays PHA.
Race -1
1 - (2)
-------
2 - (4)
3 - (3)
Race -2
1 - (7)
-------
2 - (4)
3 - (1)
Race - 3
1 - (2)
-------
2 - (5)
3 - (4)
Race - 4
1 - (4)
-------
2 - (1)
3 - (2)
Race - 5
1 - (3)
-------
2 - (7)
3 - (5)
Race - 6
1 - (5)
-------
2 - (2)
3 - (1)
Race - 7
1 - (6)
-------
2 - (7)
3 - (2)
Race - 8
1 - (1)
-------
2 - (6)
3 - (2)
Race - 9
1 - (1)
-------
2 - (7)
3 - (4)
<!-- / message -->
tompkins
10-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Passed this race for odds. But the internal structure of energy distribution comes to pass even better when it is wet. Look how this "bias" overwhelms total energy.
4th race - Fort Erie - October 21, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
1A Cousin Pam 3.30 3.40 2.50
1 One Way Lady 3.30 3.40 2.50
4 Parisian Princess 5.60
$2 Triactor 1-4-5 39.30
$2 Exactor 1-4 16.20
tompkins
10-21-2006, 04:01 PM
7th race - Fort Erie - October 21, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
5 Driving Ms Chelsea 7.30 4.50 3.20
6 Reputed Deeds 4.00 2.90
2 Dance Slightly 3.60
$2 Triactor 5-6-2 78.80
$2 Exactor 5-6 26.20
top two e/l's often finish one three
partsnut
10-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Today we had 6 straight losses at PHA. WE finally won the 7th and 8th
race.
We wound up with 28% winners which resulted in a very small loss.
tompkins
10-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Today we had 6 straight losses at PHA. WE finally won the 7th and 8th
race.
We wound up with 28% winners which resulted in a very small loss.
fron LONG experience with this angle, the 2nd best e/l often wins more than the top one, which often finishes third.
partsnut
10-21-2006, 11:55 PM
Tompkins:fron LONG experience with this angle, the 2nd best e/l often wins more than the top one, which often finishes third.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
__________________
velocititian
From what I am led to believe, this angle came from Tom Brohammer.
In fact, from what I observe, it is the total energy broken down into early and late pace.EXAMPLE 85 89 which indicates a late runner and would have a difference of -4. So indeed, there is a direct relationship between
the total energy and the difference numbers. If one were to use accurate speed points and accurate running styles, I believe they could get a better handle on this angle by eliminating horses whose running styles do not fit the specific race. By using the speed point and running style method you would involve yourself in lots of work because these numbers have to be as accurate as possible. I can say without any hesitation, that there is no software or data supplier that can support
these speed points and running styles in a truly accurate manner.
For the most part, when a race sets up early, an early type will win and visa versa.
There is a progam that was endorsed or written by Brohammer called MPH that has the early and late pace broken down by energy. This program also takes the Trackmaster files but they have to be converted to a DRF file through a program called Axlate which for the most part will not run if you have a Windows XP operating system.
As for todays PHA, I kept a tally of first, second and third choices.
First choice won twice out of 9 races for about 22% (I stand corrected)
I originally posted 28%.
Second choice won only once for 9 %
Third choice was best and won 3 times 33%
The total top three choices won 70% of the time.
28 -33% on single horse picks that win is the goal I try to achieve.
<!-- / sig -->
admin
10-22-2006, 06:50 AM
Turbo,
Makes two of us, I haven't see any race posted before the fact, yet.
Pino
Hey Guys,
Look this board is kind of my dream of a Follow Up for
today. The follow Ups we all hopefully read are full of methods
sent in by clients. Doc would print them.
If they work for you thats the main important thing.
However you must realize that everyone picks contenders and pace
lines differently
I do two things with this method's posted screen shots and posted payoffs
First I look at the winners price.
Second I look at the total energy readout
When I see for example $7.00 horses with total energys rankings higher than 5 and horses with 2 or 3 lines with lower total energy
I know something is odd
If I see something I will check the pace lines that were used in the screen shot.
Tompkins uses many lines for each horse and uses what he wants.
Many times I disagree with theses lines, These are however not mine.
So I have no use for the method since I would most likely not
find myself rating a race with any method using these pacelines
gs
Bill
tompkins
10-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Don't use it then. I will keep posting how well it works, like HERE.
2nd race - Woodbine - October 22, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
1 L'Argent 17.20 7.00 4.80
7 Woodland 4.00 2.70
8 Run Justin Run 3.30
it is PROJECTING improving early speed and slips "in between" the lines of classic computer readouts.
tompkins
10-22-2006, 02:09 PM
3rd race - Woodbine - October 22, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
7 Biblical Times 13.80 6.30 4.20
1 Signals Inthe Wind 5.60 3.70
4 Just a Bluff 3.10
$2 Triactor 7-1-4 185.20
$2 Exactor 7-1 67.70
tompkins
10-22-2006, 03:39 PM
5th race - Woodbine - October 22, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
3 Arravale 11.50 6.20 4.30
8 Barancella (FR) 16.70 9.00
6 Naissance Royale (IRE) 6.90
$2 Triactor 3-8-6 2,282.00
$2 Exactor 3-8 233.30
tompkins
10-22-2006, 03:48 PM
6th race - Fort Erie - October 22, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
8 In Love in Seattle 7.80 4.80 3.70
1 Speedstorm 3.20 3.50
6 Aliflash 4.10
$2 Triactor 8-1-6 178.00
$2 Exactor 8-1 33.80
another "splitzacta"
tompkins
10-22-2006, 03:54 PM
it over-rides most all other considerations.
6th race - Woodbine - October 22, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
4 Why Not Love 14.50 7.30 4.20
10 Piece of the Pie 27.90 13.10
12 Miss Rudy Pants 3.80
$2 Triactor 4-10-12 2,853.00 another "splitzacta"
$2 Exactor 4-10 460.40
$1 Superfecta 4-10-12-7 5,587.50
PHYSIOLOGICIALLY it makes a lot of sense: it far easier for a horse to exert energy to MAINTAIN a position more than OVERTAKE it that late in an exertion.
tompkins
10-22-2006, 05:20 PM
From what I am led to believe, this angle came from Tom Brohammer.
since he is not privy to this calcuation how could it have come from the gentleman? I would like to see the source on that belief. Quote it to me.
tompkins
10-22-2006, 05:43 PM
still going and made better by the rain.
10th race - Fort Erie - October 22, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
3 Final Pride 19.70 9.00 4.90
1 Charge Me 2.80 2.20
5 News At Noon 3.90
$2 Triactor 3-1-5 280.10
$2 Daily Double 3-3 115.50
$2 Exactor 3-1 57.30
this time it is a TOPzacta.
partsnut
10-23-2006, 08:01 AM
since he is not privy to this calcuation how could it have come from the gentleman? I would like to see the source on that belief. Quote it to me.
I am not trying to disprove your work. In fact, I appreciate your efforts.
All I'm saying is that I've seen something to this effect in "The Pace Makes The Race". I no longer have the book, so I can't quote you verbatem.
Even if you adapted some of his theory, You own whatever method you derived and concluded from it and if it works for you then don't fix it.
If it works for you, all good and well.
It certainly works for me and for that, I thank you for bringing it to my attention.
You seem to be very defensive in your response to other members and for what reason is beyond me.
It is not my purpose in life to be an antagonist or be condescending.
If I agree or disagree with you is a mute point.
However, I have derived some useful information from your posts.
I am here to learn from and with people I consider to be friends.
tompkins
10-23-2006, 10:00 AM
I appreciate your comments. It is obvious you are not up to speed on my history here.
admin
10-23-2006, 02:42 PM
very well said Bill
you are a gentleman and a winner
partsnut
10-24-2006, 10:38 AM
I believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is also what makes handicapping a great and challenging pastime.
We must respect each others opinion, whether or not it conforms to to your way of thinking, the methodology or whatever.
This board was created with an open format.
Let's keep it that way.
Let's not surpress the thoughts and ideas of others.
Lets not belittle each other.
New ideas and concepts are healthy.
If they do not conform to the rules of the FU's and the Methodology then so be it.
Maybe the rules need updating or in fact were not valid in the first place.
The proof is in the pudding and besides, it is my personal belief that some rules were meant to be broken.:D
The freedom of speech free thought is my first amendment.
Fast4522
10-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Bill,
much of what you mention is in line with the way I view and use the methodology. I respect the fact that alot of things still work today that are 20 plus years old, and on the other side of the coin, I also understand many things are dated so use with caution. To be open is also to be willing to change, and to be going in a forward direction. The problem I have with dated programs and thought is the data is not what it once was. I have done side by side and viewed that trackmaster was more correct on this race, and the next race bris has the upper hand. Everyone can find something that works consistantly for some races and hone in on it as I think we all do in our own ways. But I really do not thing anything will ever replace the ability to read the form like a pro, and to pick winners without a computer occassionally if you had to.
tompkins
10-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Buy three Forms a year: B.C., Horse of the year, Kentucky Derby. Rest of the time the data does it.
partsnut
10-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Things seem to work well at the Meadowlands:
If you look at the charts that "Tompkins" posted,
which seems to be a great angle when applied with
the correct contenders and software.
It's not very difficult to understand.
Lots of scratches tonight but the in the first 2 races that were untouched
we had the winner. Two more races to go. Races 5 & 9.
Race -1.......(#2) at 5-1 ML Won and paid $ 6.80
Race -2.......(#5) at 6-1 ML Selection was Scratched
Race -3.......(#3) at 8-5 ML Won and paid $ 4.20
Race -4.......(#9) at 4-1 ML Selection was Scratched
Race -5.......(#1) at 5-1 ML
Race -6.......(#4) at 5-2 ML Selection was Scratched
Race -7.......(#3) at 4-1 ML Selection was Scratched
Race -8.......(#6) at 8-1 ML Selection was Scratched
Race -9.......(#5) at 7-2 ML
tompkins
10-28-2006, 01:46 PM
2nd race - Woodbine - October 28, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
7 Bridled Jet 10.70 4.50 3.10
4 Algonquin Highland 2.60 2.40
2 Jeanne's Knight 3.70
$2 Triactor 7-4-2 122.20
$2 Daily Double 2-7 39.80
tompkins
10-28-2006, 02:14 PM
3rd race - Woodbine - October 28, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
3 Grandy's Glory 30.10 11.90 6.10
1 Saskawea 6.90 3.90
4 Dashingalltheway 3.60
$2 Triactor 3-1-4 996.90
$2 Exactor 3-1 155.50
with the big favorite out, the exotics were huge
tompkins
10-28-2006, 02:45 PM
4th race - Woodbine - October 28, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
7 Dark and Dangerous 20.70 10.10 5.30
2 Sister Elegance 18.00 9.20
5 Fortunate Heart 3.40
$2 Triactor 7-2-5 1,231.40
$2 Exactor 7-2 274.30
tompkins
10-28-2006, 05:13 PM
9th race - Woodbine - October 28, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
4 El Gran Ron 12.10 5.70 3.60
1 One More Day 5.30 2.90
9 Struck Again 2.50
$2 Triactor 4-1-9 175.70
$2 Daily Double 10-4 51.80
$2 Exactor 4-1 56.20
tompkins
10-31-2006, 03:35 PM
7th race - Fort Erie - October 31, 2006
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
4 Fairwell Madrid 40.60 16.70 8.10
12 Chickenonastikbaby 6.40 4.00
8 Celtic Ride 2.90
$2 Triactor 4-12-8 1,044.50
$2 Exactor 4-12 224.90
$1 Superfecta 4-12-8-3 4,064.05
this one had a HIDDEN speed move within a route paceline and the longshot detector picked it up.
vBulletin® v3.8.11, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.