PDA

View Full Version : 2024 Bill Varone Memorial Cup Rules and Signup


The Pook
04-23-2024, 02:07 PM
53100



Handicapping Contest to take place May 4,5,18,19
(will include Derby day & Preakness day and two Sunday tracks to be announced the night before)
Open to all PaceandCap members as of April 30, 2024 regardless of handicapping method or software used.


$50 USD entry fee.
Each day, players will get a $100 mythical bankroll to wager for that day. They must be involved in a minimum of 50% of all Contest races over the 4 days. No more than $100 bet per day but a minimum of $200 over the 4 days. Top 4 day ROI% wins. WIN BETTING ONLY. $2 minimum bet.
In the spirit of Bill Varone's love of teaching, players are encouraged to provide some explanations for their selections from time to time, though this is not required.

The first prize will be determined by total entry fees.
It will range from $200 to $450 USD depending on number of entrants. 2nd prize will be a 6-month free RDSS software subscription. 3rd prize will be 6 months of Unlimited Bundle data (PPs and Charts). Non winning contestants will send by PayPal their $50 entry fee to the winner at contests end.

The Contest closes for entries at 9pm Eastern Friday May 3 for the first 5 to 10 players to sign on..

'May the 4 horse be with you!'

The Pook
04-23-2024, 02:08 PM
Sign in to this post,

Pook

The Pook
04-23-2024, 02:08 PM
I'm in.

Pook

teb21
04-23-2024, 09:50 PM
Every year I look at this contest and tell myself that this year I will enter and every year something comes up to prevent me from entering. The same is true this year. I will follow the contest with interest and a little envy for all who enter. Good luck to all who are able to enter and I look forward to joining you next year.

The Pook
04-24-2024, 09:31 AM
Well thats too bad teb21. Keep in mind that you don’t have to be present all 4 days. You just have to be involved in a minimum of 50% of the total number of races. You could conceivably skip the whole first weekend although not knowing how many races will be carded the second weekend ahead of time, might make that a bit risky.

However, maybe next year then.

Pook

gandalf380
04-25-2024, 08:07 AM
I will give it a try this year.

Mrbill
04-27-2024, 05:29 PM
I'm in.

Mr Bill

Ted Craven
04-29-2024, 08:59 PM
Unfortunately, I won't be able to play on either May 5 or 19 but will watch this year from the sidelines.

Good luck to everyone and thanks Mike for organizing it again this year!

Ted

Ted Craven
04-29-2024, 09:02 PM
I will sweeten the prize fund with a 6-month free RDSS software subscription and 6 months of Unlimited Bundle data (PPs and Charts).

Mike - you could add this to the opening announcement.

Ted

mowens33
04-30-2024, 09:45 AM
Mike, I'm in

Regards

cdax
04-30-2024, 08:17 PM
Okay, gotta try again.

I'm in.

Chris

The Pook
04-30-2024, 11:55 PM
Alright we have a contest with the 5 minimum! Can we get 5 more souls brave enough to put their egos on the line by Friday at 9PM?

We will see. Keep in mind, with Teds generosity there will be at least a 30% chance of winning something.

Pook

The Pook
05-03-2024, 09:23 PM
So this years players are:

The Pook
gandalf380
Mrbill
mowens33
cdax

First prize will be $200 usd
2nd prize a 6-month free RDSS software subscription
3rd prize 6 months of Unlimited Bundle data (PPs and Charts)

Good Luck to all,
Pook