PDA

View Full Version : "The Hat" goes on a Sunday Rampage - Spot Playing

RichieP
11-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Jim doesn't know I am posting this.

I had the chance to work many races with him from yesterday.Tracks all over the joint man. To say he crushed the races would be a severe understatement.

He told me earlier because there were so many freaking maiden races he was gonna SPOT PLAY win bets at
1) Delaware
2) Churchill
3) Calder

He used SPOT PLAYS and hit more double digit winners than I have ever seen him hit in 1 day. Trust me that is saying a lot.

For those interested go back and REVIEW the practice races that were laid out. They were shown for SPECIFIC reason in the order done ok?

Jim is a teacher with a master's degree. He knows what the heck he was putting up on the board ok?

Jim does EXACTLY what is shown in those races. EXACTLY

If you think spot playing lone early horses gets chalk look at the 1st race at Belmont Saturday. I got 3 messages from:
1) Emilio
2) Bill
3) Ted

all of whom nailed the lone "E" winner - $ 28.00 BOMB

There was more yesterday. :) Part of the " Hat rampage"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Review the practice races
2) Get the " SPOT PLAY EARLY" especially firm in your head

Now go racing "live"

3) Multi track and pass over the maidens
4)With the PATTERNS of the practice races FIRMLY in your head - FOCUS on SPOT PLAYING your way to profits on live races.

Richie

VoodooFan
11-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Sounds good. The "Art of knowing when to pass a race", and when to capitalize and recognize spot play opportunities is something I underestimated. Glad you keep us on track with this post. I did what you said and looked over past post, mostly studying the practice races, and looking at all 10 lines trying to verify why Mr. Bradshaw will call a horse Early, Early Presser and Presser......some are easy(NTL/2nd or 3rd by a hd or nk), some you can see a horse was both Early and Early Presser, but recently in last 2 or 3 races stayed with being Early or Early Presser, and some I was not quite sure, that is , to solidify a pattern in my mind of what is E , EP, P, SP.

On another practice race, I found what you wrote interesting: "ok the # 7 is a Lone Early for sure. So now we are looking for "Early" to win here IF we can find a line for him.This is what Jim is talking about on his post."
So, "if" we are unsure about the horse, his lines or other horses in the race, its better to pass the race, focus on easy pattern recognition to solidify "spot" play patterns, then as we develop, can go to more harder races......right? Spot play Early, do you mean "Lone Early" or just Early?

I think UK racing, Hong Kong racing and other places are lucky they dont have the Daily Racing Form format of 1st, 2nd,stretch and finish with accompaning times......otherwise The Doc and The Hat will "crush" races worldwide and Rule the World and Planet Earth of horseracing.

RichieP
11-14-2006, 09:27 PM
So, "if" we are unsure about the horse, his lines or other horses in the race, its better to pass the race, focus on easy pattern recognition to solidify "spot" play patterns, then as we develop, can go to more harder races......right? Spot play Early, do you mean "Lone Early" or just Early?

Voodoo,

YES pass the race when unsure.

"Spot play Early" is when you project a wire to wire win for a horse. Period. Now that can happen 1 of 2 ways

1) The ONLY need to lead in the race

2) there are more than 1 need to lead BUT ONE of them totally stands out from a pace standpoint ( FIRST CALL especially) which renders the others to an early pressing mode.

Rich

VoodooFan
11-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Sounds like good advice. Thanks Richie. Great observations. Keep you head surgically implanted over The Hats shoulder......you help us improve our "Hat Scan" program.:)

RichieP
11-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Sounds like good advice. Thanks Richie. Great observations. Keep you head surgically implanted over The Hats shoulder......you help us improve our "Hat Scan" program.:)

Voodoo,

Here are examples of both types of Early ok?

1) The ONLY early in the race - http://scott.asmallorange.com/~binder/forums/showthread.php?t=1603

2) More than 1 early BUT ONE completely dominates the others starting at the FIRST call - rendering the others to NON earlies - The race Emilio,Bill and Ted hit
on Saturday at Aqueduct - here is the link to see the pp's - what is shown is RAW unadjusted data - http://scott.asmallorange.com/~binder/forums/showthread.php?t=1715

Hope this helps
Rich

VoodooFan
11-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Thanks for confirming that. To me the standout example races are the Shilee race, the RedZipper race and the Storm n Lightning race. I'm gonna stick to looking for races like those and work on running styles to firmly implant those in my head. Did'nt realize it, but SPOT PLAY EARLY and Running Styles are almost like a pre-school MatchUp teachin system Mr. Bradshaw devised.
The MatchUp seemed to not have a particular starting point, besides "find the horse who ran the best the fastest". Even this sometimes this is surrounded with the MatchUp premise of "Intuition" and "Feel".
But with the above example races, "Spot Play Early" is easy to recognize....these horses are either "Lone Early" or noticeably much faster in their first 2 calls than any other early horse in the race.
I'm gonna stick to this for a while and work on mastering the Running Style of the horses. This Spot Play Early is a great system for implanting this pattern in your mind. When you can do this all the time, Intuition and Feel fall right in line, at least with "this" spot play.
Until this basic of Running Style and Spot Play is mastered, not gonna worry about the "other" parts of the MatchUp, for it would be futile. If I dont see this spot play, I'll pass the race.
Thanks for the example races Richie, good explanations, especially the constant reminder of a horse to "Fight" or be a "Fighter".
I'm gonna work on this basic until a automatic pattern forms in my mind.......the kind of pattern that forms like ring around your forehead......formed by a "Hat" being on your head.:)