PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Wins

VoodooFan
01-12-2007, 03:57 AM
Mr. Bradshaw, what is your reasoning for not liking Maiden wins for evaluation or as a contender? What about 2 yr olds who break their maiden? VoodooFan

Bill Lyster
01-30-2007, 04:20 PM
One of the first questions that I formulated as well as I read thru the text. I think that there are a lot of justified, and perhaps, built in prejudices about winning maiden lines and their use in subsequent races, but I also feel that getting Jim's input on this subject is important. Some times you have to use them, but I would be interested, both pro and con, in hearing Jim's views on the subject often raised in the book.

THE HAT
02-01-2007, 09:41 AM
This is a very difficult question to answer. Sometime I use maiden wins and sometimes I don’t. The same applies to other lines. Remember, in the match up there aren’t any hard fast rules. I look at all lines showing for all the horses in today's race, but for the final analysis I use lines that shows what a horse can do in today’s race. If a horse has failed a few time after a maiden win I want to know why before I use that line.