PDA

View Full Version : The Hat at Philly / Sunday 4/29


RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:07 AM
I spoke with Jim yesterday morning before he left for the races. He told me he was concentrating on Philly because they started first :) . He said he was gonna play EVERY race and asked me to do the same. Then we would compare notes after.

I just got off the phone with him after spending over an hour comparing notes and hearing Jim show me some things in the races I lost.

I asked him if I could post up the pp's for the races HE won and asked if after a few days he could comment on the races as far as
1) early /other than early
2) tandems

etc etc.

He said "go ahead Rich but let folks look at the races on their own for a few days".

So here goes. Btw this is gonna take a while because he hit SEVEN out of the first eight races missing only race 2. Unconscious man.

I will put the races up one by one excluding race 2 because he NEVER looks back or analyzes races that he lost. NEVER.


any comments are most welcome. Jim will post up in a few days some things about the races he feels will help folks.

Richie

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:10 AM
horse 1

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:10 AM
horse 2

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:10 AM
horse 3

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:11 AM
horse 4

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:11 AM
horse 5

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:11 AM
horse 6

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:12 AM
horse 7

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:14 AM
this is race 3 - the 7 horse scratched

horse 1

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:15 AM
horse # 2

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:16 AM
horse #3

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:16 AM
horse #4

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:16 AM
horse #5

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:17 AM
horse #6

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:19 AM
this is race 4 - the 1 and 7 scratched

2 horse

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:20 AM
3 horse

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:20 AM
4 horse

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:21 AM
5 horse

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:21 AM
6 horse to complete the field

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:24 AM
this is race 5

the 1

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:25 AM
the 2

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:25 AM
the 3

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:25 AM
the 4

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:26 AM
the 5

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:26 AM
the 6 to complete the field

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:29 AM
this is race 6 with the 1 P.O.E. and the 3 scratched

horse 1a

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:30 AM
horse 2

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:30 AM
horse 4

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:31 AM
horse 5

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:31 AM
horse 6

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:31 AM
horse 7

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:32 AM
horse 8 to complete the field

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:35 AM
here is race 7

#1

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:35 AM
#2 horse

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:36 AM
#3 horse

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:36 AM
#4 horse

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:37 AM
#5 horse

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:37 AM
#6 horse

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:43 AM
ok this race was a crusher for me man. little 6 horse field and all holy hell breaks loose :eek:

I LOVED a horse in here and ran 2nd at BIG odds. Jim has the winner also at BIG odds. His description of what he did really needs an OPEN mind to understand his thougth process. I still do not get it fully though his talk will help in a few days ok?

MOST INTERESTING RACE

the 1 horse

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:43 AM
the #2 horse

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:43 AM
the #3 horse

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:44 AM
the #4 horse

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:44 AM
the #5 horse

RichieP
04-30-2007, 11:46 AM
the #6 to complete the field.

The Hat will pop on in a few days and make some comments ok?

til then any comments/feedback about the races are welcome

Richie

admin
04-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Hi Rich

Thr # 7 horse in the 7th race Threw the jockey as they were getting near the gate then ran away
and then was scratched

I wish i could follow along with the screens your showing But
without Speed Ratings The morning line and money box I am lost

I look forward to You and Jims remarks
as I'm sure there will be many valuable lessons
Thank you and Jim for this workup

GS
Bill

RichieP
04-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Hi Rich

Thr # 7 horse in the 7th race Threw the jockey as they were getting near the gate then ran away
and then was scratched

I wish i could follow along with the screens your showing But
without Speed Ratings The morning line and money box I am lost

I look forward to You and Jims remarks
as I'm sure there will be many valuable lessons
Thank you and Jim for this workup

GS
Bill

Hey Bill!
thanx for letting me know bout the scratch in race 7. I will get him out of the mix.

Hey feel free to work the race YOUR way :). We know that Jim is NOT into software stuff. There are other areas on yuor site that are available ;)

To be honest I did ok BUT not as good as I hoped. That 8th race cut me real good man :eek: I REALLY thought I had that sucker won. sonofabi***

let me scratch that 7 in the 7th Bill

Richie

admin
04-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey feel free to work the race YOUR way :). We know that Jim is NOT into software stuff. There are other areas on yuor site that are available ;)





Thanks I should have thought about that
good point

sdahl
04-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Would it be possible to have Jim tell what horse he used for the projected pace in each of these races. I think it would be helpful.

emilio840
05-02-2007, 12:39 AM
Hi Jim and Richie. Since I play only spot plays. My play was in the 8th race. The horse I liked was #6 Paradise Peak. He won his 2nd race back at FG on the lead at 21.3 45.1 111.2 . I can not see ANY OTHER HORSE BEATING HIM. Jim, I am really interesting to find out why this horse lost the race. (the only thing I didn't like about the #6 is that he shows that he starts too fast too soon at the first call. But, that didn't stop me from betting it because he was faster than anyone else. So, I really got my mind open to learn something NEW HERE.

emilio

THE HAT
05-06-2007, 10:42 AM
A couple of times a month I go to the Cherokee Casino, located at Will Rogers Downs and play the
simulcast, because of the selection of tracks. I enjoy playing Philadelphia and Delaware, which isn’t offered at Fair Meadows.

Philadelphia starts at 11:25, so this is the first track I select to Match Up. I usually work four races from each trace and am ready to place my wagers at 11:20. Sunday, May 29 I played six different track. I concentrated first on Philadelphia, then Aqueduct and Delaware.

Here is how I matched the races at Philadelphia: I use the "papers" from the Casino and the time may be different than time on the posted races.

Race 1 -- I determined that Conquistador Lad is a lone Early. I can’t find a horse that can keep him
from going wire-to-wire and he was my choice to for win consideration and the "key" for the double and pick three.

Race 2 -- I lost the second race. I never look back at a race I lost, nor do I discuss them.

Race 3 – This race is loaded with sprinter. I matched all horse in the race as sprinters. I decide that the one horse Nuppstar would take the lead in a 22.3, but his last few races indicates that he will stop on his own. I always determine today’s pace using only the first "call ," then the second call. The race will run Other- Than- Early. As far as I concerned there only two running, these styles are Early, and Other-Than Early, which makes it rather easy to determine how the race will "set up." I liked the thirds, fourth and fifth races back on the three horse Mystic Bay and considered him the best other than early horse in the race.

Race 4 –The one and seven scratched. Matching this race I use horse number three, Don’takememints as the pace horse., but the 23.2 is rather slow and there are faster horse in the race. The race will run Other-Than-Early. I didn’t give the 2 horse a shot in winning the race. The Ms Janelle tandem I eliminated the 3 and 4 horse. The six horse is slow and the best Other-Than- Early horse is the five horse Hill Brae.

Race 5 –The tandem match up helped me get the winner in the fifth race. The second race back on the two horse Goodie’s Jet ran and beat the one horse Jorkat Slew and the third race the 6.5 furlong race convinced me that the two horse could come from behind if need to be. The only hose that ran a good race in the Greeley Prospect tandem was the four horse Hanky Pank, but that is the best he has run in the last five. I thought Goodie’s Jet could come from the first, second, or third position and beat the one and four. If the six horse tries to run Early he can’t win and if he runs Other-Than-Early he can’t win..

Race 6—The one and three scratched. The only horse that has ever been close to the lead is the eight horse and he should get it today. In this situation I usually look for an Other-Than-Early to win the race. The best Sustained horse is the number 4 Steamroller Blues. His two spring lines
are good fast lines and I select him to win the race.

Race 7 –With three Early horses in the race I believed the race would run Other-Than-Early. There are two or three lines that show the 5 horse, Miss A.G. can run Other-Than-Early. The seven horse was a late scratch, but I still wnet with my selection.

Race 8 –Another Other-Than-Early race. The 6 horse will go to the lead, in a 22.1 but his last race indicates he will stop on his own. The two horse will run behind the lead horse, with the 5 horse, Flying Chipper setting third. Regardless of the second call, I believe the 2 and 6 take each other out of the race and the f horse, Flying Clipper will win.

Race 9—I did not match this race.