PDA

View Full Version : Best Tracks To Employ The MatchUp

lsosa54
08-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Anyone have any thoughts? I'd be interested in selectivity over volume.

Also, any preferences on:

1-Sprints vs. Routes

2-Dirt vs. Turf

3-Race types - stakes, alw, high priced claimers, low priced claimers, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Lou

RichieP
08-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi Lou,
Some tracks I like are
Woodbine
Mountaineer
Philly
Charlestown ** THIS track took a while to get a handle on because it's a bullring

For me the race type and distance do not matter.

Good thread and I look forward to seeing other's feedback.
Richie

lsosa54
08-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks Richie. Woodbine is probably the only one I can't bet on through NYCOTB. Having lived in SoCal for many years, I'm thinking CT may be similar to Fairplex.

My thoughts would be that dirt sprints may be the best area to focus on but that's a guess. Shorter distances, more uniform pace lines, less jockey strategies, etc. With all the tracks now available, there should be enough to choose from without having to look at maidens, which historically have not been a strength for me.

Bob Cochran
08-05-2007, 01:18 PM
If one can remember from seminar audio tapes, and posts on pace n cap,
Jimmy has stated that he plays all tracks over the country with no prejudice.
Rich has also echoed Jim's feelings about using the Match Up.

You may have to pass more races at certain tracks, but this info can only be
revealed by you. Investigate, and keep a few records, it won't take long.
IMHO.

Turbulator
08-05-2007, 11:34 PM
I've been playing smaller, but not the smallest tracks. For now, I'm avoiding polytrack/artificial surfaces.

Del
Evd
Emd
Sam Houston
Crc
Lad
Mnr
Colonial

"Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw did not discover the essence of the MATCH-UP immediately, for a time he floundered well below an adequate win proficiency. Then on a Saturday night in February of 1983, while listening to me lecture on the 'DREAM RACE,' he GOT IT!

Since that time he has elevated it to a high art. His skill in applying MATCH-UP techniques has made him a living legend in the small, esoteric world of handicapping."

Howard Sartin