PDA

View Full Version : Process of Choosing Pacelines


lsosa54
08-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Does anyone actually print the form from whatever data source they use (ex. Trackmaster using their pp software) and choose pacelines to input into one's program of choice? I tend to find that process easier to visualize, although it's probably force of habit. Is it just me, or does it take awhile to learn to be comfortable with choosing pacelines within the software itself?

Houndog
08-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Does anyone actually print the form from whatever data source they use (ex. Trackmaster using their pp software) and choose pacelines to input into one's program of choice? I tend to find that process easier to visualize, although it's probably force of habit. Is it just me, or does it take awhile to learn to be comfortable with choosing pacelines within the software itself?

I still use the Racing Form to handicap, and for me it is as you say easier to visualize the pacelines. I also agree with you that this is out of habit. I think the more you work with the newer programs this process will become easier for you to begin choosing pacelines in this manner.

For printing out Racing Form type PP's I use Brisnet's PP Generator. You have options to set up your PP's on how you want to see them and print them. The newest release of the PP Generator is a fairly large download but it works with the $1.00 DRF file from Bris just fine.

chris
08-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Yes, I do. Force of habit, perhaps. But ease of use, a definite yes. I see more when I use the form, it's that simple. From years of experience, my eyes seem to have trained themselves to follow a prescribed pattern that I find difficult to duplicate from my laptop screen.

I alternate between Bris and the Drf; it's a few dollars extra, but money well spent in my case.

Regards,
Chris

shoeless
08-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Been doing so for over 35 years,old habits are hard to break.Jeff

admin
08-28-2007, 10:47 PM
I have not seen a DFR for many years except in Oaklahoma
with The Hat I have been using one since I got out here
and it is vry easy to see The proper line rally seams to
"loom up"' off the sheet, I never really saw the beyer numbers but
one thing is for sure there are some slow horses in races :)

RAMON201
08-29-2007, 05:37 AM
I use any pdf form and I run the program over it as the partial screenshot shows. I position the top of the computer program under the pace I want to enter. This works for me and you can blow up the form to any size you want. I have 1024mb of memory in my desktop and my laptop and am running win.XP with SP2.

partsnut
08-29-2007, 12:34 PM
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 23293" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>RAMON201</TD><TD class=alt2>I use any pdf form and I run the program over it as the partial screenshot shows. I position the top of the computer program under the pace I want to enter. This works for me and you can blow up the form to any size you want. I have 1024mb of memory in my desktop and my laptop and am running win.XP with SP2.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hi Ramon,

I normally do the same thing with the single comma delimited $ 1.00 BRIS file and the Custom PP Generator.

If you don't mind me asking, which PDF form are you using?

RAMON201
08-29-2007, 06:59 PM
The one in the screenshot is the Bris Ultimate Past Performance and its the one I use most of the time , but I have and will use DRF and the Trackmaster PDF form.

Fast4522
08-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Ramon,
My wife does exactly what you do to a tee. She likes Valm, and between it and the racing form she does well. Sometimes I often do different software myself and often what she gets on VALm is counter to what I am getting for my outputs. Man I can tell you that more times than not she is right. Only thing is to not go deep in the lines, and if the runner has not run well with older company toss it out.