PDA

View Full Version : A Hat special

RichieP
01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Look at the power lines for this race that just ran.

Jim went racing today and he is ALL over this horse like a fat rat! I happened to speak with him earlier this morning :D

His favorite type of horse. An early FIGHTER.

Screen shots
a) power lines
b) result

RichieP
01-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Why there is only 1 "Hat":

I just get off the phone with Jim. Let me set this up for you please.

1) He went today and bet like 6 tracks at the simul joint by him.
2) He brought home NO pp's of any kind.

Ok I call him up 30 minutes ago because I am working Oaklawn's races from this afternoon. I didn't play there,had no idea the results. Figured I'd work em,mark a horse in each and then watch the replays to see how i did.

Anyhoo I work the first 3 races. From them I lose the first,lose the 2nd and hit the 3rd(7/2).

Reason I call is I remember him telling me months ago to be careful at Oaklawn of horses from tracks like Remington(Rp), Blue Ribbons(Brd) and Will Rogers Downs(Wrd). I wanted to double check before I finished the card and rang him up.

After I tell him why I am calling he tells me " Rich I played Oaklawn and hit the first 2 there. I had the double that's why i remember."

I say to him "you hit those first 2 ok very nice Jim".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is THE reason for this post:

He tells me to open the 1st race. I do. He starts telling me to go to the winner and look at line 6. I do what he says and after he tells me a couple things bout the line and the horse he moves on to the horse that I had bet and lost on in that race. Again he tells me to look at this and look at that about the horse which i do and he is right on about the things he is showing me.

Then we move to the 2nd race and he starts doing the same thing with me. Getting VERY specific with details both about the winning horse and other horses in the race. I am talking like specific lines,tracks etc.

We move to the 3rd race. The race I hit but had NOT told him who the winning horse was. He tells me" Rich I didn't bet that race but I remember working it. There was a horse that had power lines from both Fg and Rp that was fast and I liked. He was a fighter and the Rp line was down in the pp's. That is the horse I liked Rich but didn't bet the race". The ONLY horse in the race that matched what he described was the winning 7 horse at 7/2!

Suddenly it dawned on me that he had NO pp's while he was doing these races with me! I told him that and he said " Rich I just remember things good when i am in the zone".

I started freaking out with him a bit. lol.

HOW could someone remember with such precision and detail races with no reference in front of him? Also someone who literally plays EVERY track and race running. Think about that seriously for a minute ok? All this at 76 years of age.

I just said to him "Hat that is why you are you isn't it bud?"

He said " Yes"

Blew my mind again! He has no clue I am posting this so when he sees it he will probably laugh.

VoodooFan
01-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Wow. That's incredible. Still more to learn ,Rich.

Was there new stuff he showed you about the lines he went over with you or stuff you simply missed?

Probably advanced stuff one has to be at a certain level to use. Good post.

VoodooFan

RichieP
01-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Wow. That's incredible. Still more to learn ,Rich.
Was there new stuff he showed you about the lines he went over with you or stuff you simply missed?
Probably advanced stuff one has to be at a certain level to use. Good post.
VoodooFan

Actually very basic stuff. When I get in bad spells it's cause I over analyze stuff Voodoo.

Jim gently (sometimes not so gently) nudges my ass back to BASIC matching concepts.

1) Who is fast?
2) Early/Other than early
3) Fastest pace last race
4) Fighters
5) Spot Plays
6) Quiet

He keeps pointing out that without #6 being present matching horses is an exercise in futility and will lead to a losing session of play. He's 100% right. Ask me how I know.

VoodooFan
01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Nice. Keep reminding us like he reminds you. Great stuff.

VoodooFan

noddub62
01-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Richie,

What was the Hats reason for telling you to be careful about horses from RP, BRD, & WRD? Just curious.

Thanks,
Bud

RichieP
01-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Richie,

What was the Hats reason for telling you to be careful about horses from RP, BRD, & WRD? Just curious.

Thanks,
Bud

Bud
Jim is going to explain himself what's up with the above mentioned tracks. Give him a couple of days to pop on here ok?

:)

MIKE1121
01-23-2008, 06:58 PM
I have learned a lot reading these posts , I wish that I had access to this info 15 years ago, maybe then I wouldn't have spent 10,000 hours finding that magical super rating that will predict the races.Which I doubt ever existed, Yes there are a finite number of ways you can combine internal fractions.

My conclusion:

Horses run against other horses, the horses they run with and against will determine their chances today. The mixture of runners in todays race will either benefit a horse or inhibit him.Select the best mixture of the horses pacelines in todays race and you will see the winner.

Mike.

MIKE1121
01-24-2008, 01:36 AM
Reading Richies instructive material has lead me to a few observations.

1. Paceline selection selects the contenders in todays race. Paceline selection is the key to a winning method.

2. Ratings are not a requirement of winning.You can win without them if you choose to.None of his examples use anything except the pace of race times and the horses running position.

3. Removing all the clutter of excess non important data clears your thinking and makes it easier to see the race.In his examples he pulls out only the selected pacelines of the contenders everything else is out of sight, out of mind. Sometimes less is more.

4. Having a structured approach doesn't prohibit your mind from being creative in looking at a race.

Mike.

billylump
01-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Mike 1121:
Your observations are right on. Thanks for reminding us that the answers
are right there for us to see. All we need to do is look with out the blinders
on.:)

THE HAT
01-25-2008, 10:03 AM
I broke my maiden playing OP and learned in years past to ignore horses from cheaper tracks. Sure, they win sometimes, but in reality cheap horses win cheap races. (This applies to other tracks.) Always look "deep" into the past performances and find tracks where the horse has won. If the horse is from BRD and has never run competitive at OP, chances are the will not win today.

Hat

noddub62
01-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks Hat,

My guess was that this would be your answer but needed confirmation. My best to you and thanks for the reply.

Bud