View Full Version : Polytrack contest
RichieP
02-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Anyone interested in a polytrack only contest for about 7 weeks leading up to the Derby?
NO dirt. NO turf. Polytrack only races.
We have Turfway running til 4/3 and Santa Anita going til 4/20.
Thinking out loud: If folks are willing to score their own ball like we did in recently concluded contest we could do 4 races a week on Saturday's. 2 from each venue til Turfway closes and then 4 races a day from Santa Anita til they close up on 4/20.
We will do the same "biggest fields thing" we did in last that seemed to work pretty good.
NO cash prizes for this one. We have something big in the works for late summer/fall.
I will go and ask for some prizes from folks I know at
Daily Racing Form
Trackmaster
Post Time Solutions
to see if I can rustle up a prize or 2 but can't promise anything.
Figured we run March through end of Santa Anita meeting on 4/20. Then break for Triple Crown stuff. The fire our next big contest come late summer/fall.
Any interest?
shipper
02-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Richie: While Poly isn't the favorite thing for many, the contest might bring some of us to the table who normally would avoid the plastic in serious betting, thereby helping to sharpen our skills on the stuff...Winning a contest might take a back seat to gaining insight... I'd say give it a shot...Marty
Bill Lyster
02-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Bring it on, I'm in - time is time, energy is energy
RichieP
02-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Just checked the schedules and we would also have Keeneland in the mix for April
mufasa
02-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Rich, you can count me in. I agree with a previous post that this may give some of us some new found insight on how best to play these types of surfaces. The experiences of the many in trying to pick winners for the new surface if shared amongst us will be a reward in itself.
Robert
Ted Craven
02-21-2008, 02:29 PM
They're all just danged horse races...
Ted
azbacks
02-21-2008, 03:29 PM
R.....
Sounds like fun
Pete
dogkatcher
02-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Contest??? Did someone say Contest, woo hooooo let's play!
froggy
02-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Richie,
Sounds like a good idea
Froggy
Bob Cochran
02-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Sounds like a great idea Rich !
Count me in
Bob Cochran :)
hdcper
02-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Sounds good to me!
I am in,
Hdcper
emilio840
02-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Thats great Richie.
emilio
shrink1
02-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Richie,
I'll try.
Ira
grahors
02-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Poly, dirt, crab grass.....whatever....I'm in.
People...ya better get your "A" game on, I'm on a streak.
Cec
lsosa54
02-21-2008, 09:03 PM
As long as you don't mind me NOT capping all races as it's tough time wise for me on a Saturday. I can just score what I cap and live with that if that's cool.
lonestarracefan
02-22-2008, 12:34 AM
sure, I'm in
but I'm not sure what Santa Anita track is anymore
cushion/pro-ride polymer & fiber/dirt track
cycling
02-22-2008, 02:15 AM
Please Please,
I wanna play too!!
RichieP
02-22-2008, 09:12 AM
As long as you don't mind me NOT capping all races as it's tough time wise for me on a Saturday. I can just score what I cap and live with that if that's cool.
Of course Lou. This is a fun contest where hopefully we can sharpen our skills on the poly.
Looks like we have enough interest so we'' "go" next Saturday, March 1st.
I'll write up a little diddy in a while about scoring.format etc.
RichieP
02-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Bill and I would like to dedicate this contest to member "Finishline1".
Bill called me this morning at 6 AM with the idea and it's terrific!
He was a "gamer" regarding contest play and always jumped in them. Real sharp handicapper and a super nice man. He'll be capping the races along with us I am sure!
So let me close this thread please. If you want to play we "go" next Saturday 3/1.
Bill is going to make a special forum which will be up in the next few days. There we will lay out format etc. We DO need folks to score their own capping ok?
"Finishline1" - This one is for you amigo! God Bless you
vBulletin® v3.8.11, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.