PDA

View Full Version : Jim's vision of "Hat Check's" future

RichieP
05-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Jim wants this area of learning to continue. He made this very clear to me.

There will be much less posting by me of threads.

What I would like is MORE feedback from you as "Matchers" on problem areas or concepts that are hanging you up. THIS will be the "Hat Check's" central theme going forward. Much less of me and a lot more of YOU :)

I do ask one thing. Everyone before posting questions/hangups should have already downloaded and studied Jim's 5 step approach he made for us here at Pace and Cap. It can be found in post 2 of this link:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1158

Without everyone having the solid foundation that the Hat Check rests on we can not move forward. The 5 step approach is that foundation.

Monday morning a "Matcher's Feedback" thread will go up. In there please post what you need help/feedback on. From there we will start individual threads dealing with those issues.

How can we help YOU?

Richie

RichieP
05-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Seems like there is a problem opening the 5 step approach. Thanks for the heads up Rick V

Here is the 5 step approach:

Step 1: Tandems

RichieP
05-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Step 2 - Running Styles:

RichieP
05-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Step 3 - Projecting Pace:

RichieP
05-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Step 4 - Matching Running Lines

RichieP
05-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Step 5 - Match The Horses:

raceman5
05-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks Richie, great post and thanks for the info. Well i will go out on a limb here. So the tandem race we should use is the Florida Derby. Big Brown's race

45.4 110 135 148

Next are there any horse that can compete against that line? The only horse i see is the other tandem horse Smooth Air. So i guess that should be the 2 horse bet?
Comments? Come on i can take it.

Bob

admin
05-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi Rich

since we already spoke this morning
You sure know how special this area is and how important Jim's wishes
were about the work moving on

I was wondering Why Monday mornings!!
I am kind of out of it after the weekend of trying to
wagercap a few races and some social commitments
On Monday morning the dred and malase of another full
work week in my face kind of turns me into a negative energy
zombie

Basically for the rank and file working stiffs like me
Monday morning seems to put me at my worst position
Did Jim suggest this time for any reason?

what ever is best I will do my best to learn

Thanks
Bill

RichieP
05-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Hi Rich

since we already spoke this morning
You sure know how special this area is and how important Jim's wishes
were about the work moving on

I was wondering Why Monday mornings!!
I am kind of out of it after the weekend of trying to
wagercap a few races and some social commitments
On Monday morning the dred and malase of another full
work week in my face kind of turns me into a negative energy
zombie

Basically for the rank and file working stiffs like me
Monday morning seems to put me at my worst position
Did Jim suggest this time for any reason?

what ever is best I will do my best to learn

Thanks
Bill

Hi Bill
On Monday I am only going to put up the central thread where folks can identify specific things they would like to work on. That's all. I just figured with all the chaos/commotion this weekend Monday would be good time to post it.

Folks can post any day they wish and I agree about the first day of the work week being tough. I'll remember that :)

admin
05-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Thank you Rich
I'm real good with that I look forward to your teachings

Bill

RichieP
05-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks Richie, great post and thanks for the info. Well i will go out on a limb here. So the tandem race we should use is the Florida Derby. Big Brown's race

45.4 110 135 148

Next are there any horse that can compete against that line? The only horse i see is the other tandem horse Smooth Air. So i guess that should be the 2 horse bet?
Comments? Come on i can take it.
Bob

Excellent Bob!

YOUR "Mind's Eye" picked up on the crux of the race beautifully. That is what all of this is about. Trusting and acting on your FIRST instinct/intuition about a race/horse.

Let's see now.
Emilio just won by tiebreak The Oaks/Derby contest. Matchup Man

Ira was in the winning group in the Oaks/Derby contest. Matchup Man

Charlie just missed the podium on the poly contest and missed a week or 2. Matchup Man.

I predict by the end of 2009 a "Matchup Man" wins a contest with a payday of 10 grand or more and credits Jim's concepts with helping him/her achieve the result.

Study Jim's concepts
Practice.Practice. Practice
Trust your FIRST instinct and ACT on it.
Reap the rewards

Bill Lyster
05-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Nice call on the pace line, but my question/concern and my decision on the derby rested on "The Earlyness" of Big Brown. I'm sure my decision (and many others) was clouded by so few races on which to gage his running position or position of comfort.

The chart comments [RDSS program version] of his race two back where he was 3rd by 1 at the first call in a one turn mile didn't register and his %med over 68 (and rising) was the clincher as I kept coming back to the speed of the Fla Derby (but he did successfully press in the one opportunity given him, either by plan or circumstance!).

It would appear that the ability to press overrides the relatively high %med especially combined with high total energy. Fortunately it is only one race. Learn by this and go on to the next race.