PDA

View Full Version : Your "Mind's Eye" Environment

RichieP
05-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Jim Bradshaw's Matchup concepts rely HEAVILY on the following:
1) Intuition

2) Pattern recognition and the ability to recall things that have come before

3) A quiet and relaxed mind where that little voice can be heard/trusted and ACTED upon quickly/instinctively

For the last few months I had been struggling racing wise and I had told Jim this quite candidly. He told me flat out the 2 reasons why.They are personal and things I am not comfortable posting about on a board. He told me to quit racing til things changed but I couldn't man. Love the game too much.

Here is the reason for this thread. Around the time of Jim's passing he "came to me" and left me the following part of his website.
http://home.att.net/~jimbradshaw/poems.htm

He told me that the chant on that page was IDEAL for quieting the mind as best as one could when it was played LOW volume with headphones on. Simply refresh the page after it stops.

I'll simply stop here and pass it on to you as a final act of giving from Hat. A "Hat Helper" for one's Mind's Eye.

Use it and reap the benefits.
Richie

RichieP
05-12-2008, 06:16 PM
I can not stress enough how VITAL this part of matching horses was to Mr. Bradshaw.

It's NOT about numbers,tandems etc

It's ALL about developing our "Mind's Eye" and the best possible environment for it to flourish in.

If you take nothing else from this entire FORUM please take this piece.

Nuff said

MIKE1121
05-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Richie.

#3 is the main reason why people have longer than expected lossing streaks.We let MIND GAMES get in our way of winning. If you can have a winning month (result of skill not luck ) you can have another and another etc.etc.Sometimes we just put to much pressure on ourselves to win instead of relaxing and let it happen.Now if I lose 5 or 6 races in a row its no big deal, I just blow it off I know that the results will come as long as I KEEP playing the way that I have won with in the past.

When I do lose a race I go back over my predictions and see what part of the race I did predict. Maybe the only part of my prediction that came true was my predicting which runners at the first call where going to be 1rst, 2nd , 3rd and 4th.Doing this restores my confidence becouse I DID PREDICT correctly atleast part of the race.

Mike.