PDA

View Full Version : *Pace and Cap* Day at Saratoga

Ted Craven
05-21-2008, 09:05 AM
We've been trying to organize a get together day at Saratoga this summer for members and friends of Pace and Cap. I posted about this in the RDSS Forum earlier, but we've come up with a new day:

Sunday August 17th (day after Alabama Stakes day)

For those of you who may remember the good old days of the Albany Sartin seminars and the outings to Saratoga, these were casual affairs at a bank of picnic tables under the white tents on the outside of the grandstands, mutuel terminals nearby. We'll be gathering just to compare notes, meet and greet each other, learn from different or common approaches to working the races and using our various software, win some money and have a great time. Everyone is welcome, regardless of software or handicapping approach.

Charlie Bedard, TrackMaster's 'on fire' Sartin Methodology public handicapper for the NYRA circuit will be organizing things and may have some local info.

If you're in that part of the country and can make it that day (or that weekend), please sign up here. We need to reserve a few picnic tables, sooner than later.

Looking forward!

Ted

Dallas4lr
05-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Ted,

I plan to attend!!!!

Carl

mikesal57
05-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi Ted..

That weekend I'm usually on vacation in Lake George with the family.....but guess where I end up...;)
See ya 31st

mike

Ted Craven
05-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Mike,

Change your calendar: we're doing August 17th now!

Ted

shoeless
05-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Ted,Im surprised you guys are not setting up a seminar,have Bill as a speaker and Richie on Match Up,you on RDSS.You probably could have a 2 day event one in a room somewhere for the seminar and the next day go to the races.Jeff

admin
05-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Ted

I really am looking forward to it

It will be a fun day for all of us
I hope to meet lots new faces and see some familiar ones again

saratogdon
05-27-2008, 02:00 PM
We've been trying to organize a get together day at Saratoga this summer for members and friends of Pace and Cap. I posted about this in the RDSS Forum earlier, but we've come up with a new day:

Sunday August 17th (day after Alabama Stakes day)

For those of you who may remember the good old days of the Albany Sartin seminars and the outings to Saratoga, these were casual affairs at a bank of picnic tables under the white tents on the outside of the grandstands, mutuel terminals nearby. We'll be gathering just to compare notes, meet and greet each other, learn from different or common approaches to working the races and using our various software, win some money and have a great time. Everyone is welcome, regardless of software or handicapping approach.

Charlie Bedard, TrackMaster's 'on fire' Sartin Methodology public handicapper for the NYRA circuit will be organizing things and may have some local info.

If you're in that part of the country and can make it that day (or that weekend), please sign up here. We need to reserve a few picnic tables, sooner than later.

Looking forward!

Ted

I sit in sect J and will be sure to meet you there. That, however, will probably be a giveaway day and it may be dicy to find any open area.
don

Ted Craven
06-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi folks,

We now have 3 reserved tables under the white tents, behind the grandstands. Supposing the tables comfortably seat 4 each, that makes seated space for 12 and a command post for anyone else to drop in and say hi!

If you haven't done so already, put your name down here to reserve one of the seats. If we get way more than 12, we'll try to add more seats - but those tables have to be reserved and they send you tickets in the mail.

Thanks to Charlie Bedard for the great leg work so far!

Here are 2 websites for accomodations in Saratoga Springs and surroundings and general tourist info:

discoversaratoga.org (http://discoversaratoga.org)

saratoga.org (http://saratoga.org)

Here's a Google Map (http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=saratoga+springs+NY&ie=UTF8&ll=43.083684,-73.784523&spn=0.091147,0.22934&z=13&iwloc=addr).

As SaratogaDon points out, it's a giveaway day, so you don't want to miss a cap or T-shirt, or whatever (or great predictions from the Pace and Cap table:))

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Ted

mlking
06-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Hi Ted:
Please reserve two seats for me at Saratoga. this will be my first time there.

Namaste:

Mike W.

gandalf380
06-27-2008, 09:35 PM
That day will be a giveaway for long sleeve t-shirts. That is always a popular giveaway.

Bill Lyster
07-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Hey, I was curious if anyone attending was looking into renting a house in the Saratoga Springs area. There is a neat site called Vacation Rentals by Owner (condo and house rentals by the owners - no agents) at www.vrbo.com with some nice properties that can handle 2 to as many as want, to use the site. These rentals are self contained units or houses, fully furnished, kitchens, etc. I haven't finalized plans yet, so my info is tentative but the more that are interested the better. Most of the units I've seen beat hotel rates in the area. I would appreciate any interest or feedback from potential attendees.

Thanx,

Bill

Im thinking of attending from 8/14 thru about 8/19 - 6 nights so if it worked out we would probably have to rent for a week.

admin
07-10-2008, 06:14 AM
Hi Bill

It will be so nice to see you I really am looking forward to
the big day

GS
Bill

P..S I still have your Will You help me picture
Its going Express Mail today
I have something else for you
Thank you for your understanding and patients

Wishing you the best always

nomorebocci
07-10-2008, 11:52 AM
so sorry that Brooks and I cannot be there at Pace and Cap Saratoga Day on Aug. 17th with our dear son Bill. That is the day of the Varone Family Reunion with about 80 Varone's there, young and old, coming from all over the country once a year and we absolutely must be at that. So we'll be in Saratoga in spirit, thinking of all of you. Love, nomorebocci

mlking
07-10-2008, 02:23 PM
I plan to be in Saratoga from Friday July 15 to Monday July 18. So I looking for accomodations for my wife and myself for three nights. I don't know if this is possible. I would be interested in the rates relative to hotel/motel rates in the area.

Mike W.

Ted Craven
07-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Mike,

I'm sure you mean August 15 - 18 :) Check out the websites listed in this Topic, I think there's still lots on offer, but at different prices.

I'll be there August 13 - 18th, staying at the Marriott Residence Inn near the Albany airport (Latham, NY); anyone in town the same dates - let's definitely hook-up!

We have 3 tables; presuming 4 per table = 12 people. So far, 10 people have confirmed they'll attend, so if you want one of the seats, just say so. I'm driving, so I plan to bring a few folding chairs for potential overflow. I'm not quite sure what to expect, but I'm sure we'll work it out. I think a few of the PaceAdvantage crew plan to drop around on the Sunday to say howdy.

Bill Lyster: I put you tentatively on the list, but please confirm when you know for sure (wear a Hawaiian shirt so we'll recognize you:cool:)

Ted

admin
07-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Here I am practicing my happy face look
Who could resist this handsome guy :rolleyes:

Look for me at Saratoga

"Gimmie $4 across the board on Fleet Dreams "

http://www.paceandcap.com/websitepictures/Me.JPG

Jimbo282
07-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Do they have any room left for me?

Ted Craven
07-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Jimmy,

Yes, there is either 1 or 2 spaces at the tables, depending on whether Bill Lyster is coming. I'll put you down, but please confirm, thanks.

After this point - I think there's one more space, but then anyone else can show up, hang around for a while on lawn chairs if anyone brings some, or cycle in and out of the grandstands.

Again, not quite sure what to expect, but anyone who's making the trip to Saratoga should definitely at least drop by. I'll be there for 4 days.

Ted

Jimbo282
07-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Ted, circle it...I'm there...I looking forward to some guidance from eveyone.

Jimmy

Ted Craven
07-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Done!

Bill Lyster
07-14-2008, 11:39 PM
TED:

I'm coming, I'm coming. Now to figure out for how long. Do I need a passport?

See you gentlemen there!

Bill

Ted Craven
07-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Bill,

Listed! You provide the hawaiin punch, if they let you into the country...:)

Ted

admin
07-15-2008, 05:28 PM
TED:

I'm coming, I'm coming. Now to figure out for how long. Do I need a passport?

See you gentlemen there!

Bill

You go Bill:cool:

Wow Thank you Bill It will be so nice to meet you
:)

Ted Craven
07-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Got a note from one of the PaceAdvantage folks that the tables comfortably hold 6 people, so our 3 table capacity is a bit larger than what I originally thought.

Still some seats left.

Ted

Vinnie
07-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Hello Ted and Everyone:

Ted, I was talking with my wife this a.m. about Saratoga and she has always loved visiting the SPA (much like I myself). :) You don't have to save me a spot at a table, but, tentatively, I fully expect to be there for the August 17th racing date because I really look forward to just meeting many of the folks from this board just to shake some hands and say hello. It is going to be Awesome...

I hope that you are having an excellent weekend Ted.

All the BEST!

Vinnie (Mike)

Ted Craven
07-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Vinnie,

Please, you and Mrs Vinnie, do drop by! There seem to be more spaces than previously thought, but definitely hoping to shake the hands of all well-wishers at the track!

I had a good day yesterday: I worked 4 races, had 4 winners on top - lost both my exacta contest wagers, and failed to come out on top for the day in my other contest... Life is sweet :):confused:

Ted

Vinnie
07-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Ted, thanks a bunch. I am really excited about going to Saratoga. There is really something very magical and special about that track and location to me. It is just a real majestic sort of place. In a nutshell, I really can't add much more than that!

Fantastic results for you on having 4 on TOP in 4 selections. Congratulations!!! You are tearing it up Ted. Are you playing Del Mar at all this weekend? Just curious. I am getting more and more pumped about the idea of heading upstate even as I write to you right now.

Take Good Care and have a Great Weekend Ted.

Vinnie ;)

admin
07-20-2008, 12:37 PM
I look forward to meeeting you

See you there :)

Bill

Vinnie
07-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Hello Bill:

Bill, I mean this from the bottom of my heart. I can't wait to meet all the guys from this board that are going to be in attendance. You know, everyone has their own distinct approach in how they go about their handicapping and the manner in which they utilize what is taught within the "Modern Day Sartin Methodology" which you fine folks only continue to carry on in the most beautiful fashion, but, the one thing that remains constant is how much everyone genuinely loves this game which is one of the things that I enjoy more than anything else in the world. I genuinely believe that we all share this feeling. ;)

"You guys are all TOPS in my book"! I am just thrilled that I get the chance to finally see and meet some of you guys in person. It is going to be AWESOME!!! :)

Have a Tremendous weekend Bill.

All the BEST Always.

Vinnie (Mike)

RichieP
07-20-2008, 12:53 PM
I had a good day yesterday: I worked 4 races, had 4 winners on top
Ted

THAT is some seriously unconscious capping Ted!! You've been hotter than jalapenos!

Hey congratulations on a super run and keep hammering away amigo :)

Ted Craven
07-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Actually, lest my (perhaps too subtle) meaning be lost, despite picking a buncha (low priced) winners, I couldn't makea buck yesterday. Couldn't even out-pick my mother in exactas :eek: (no disrespect, Mom). Yet, I had a good time.

Now back to the previously scheduled Saratoga topic... :)

Ted

Zaf
07-30-2008, 12:44 AM
Happy Birthday Ted ! Looking forward to meeting you & other P&C members Alabama Weekend at the SPA !

Ted Craven
07-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Hey Zaf,

Looking forward to it too! With Bill L from Hawaii and 3 or 4 of us from Canada, this should be a truly international shindig! (Hey Europeans, why so shy...;))

Ted

Bill V.
08-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Ted and I are very happy to announce that Doc Sartin will
be able to join us at Paceandcap day via a telephone call
I will have my wireless connection We are looking at ways to
pull this off

I am so happy that Doc will be able to join in on what will be a great day
I am already feeling the pressure

I hope I don't have a Mike Schmidt moment saying hello and welcome
to Howard

Thank you Ted for putting this great visit together

GS
Bill

RichieP
08-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Ted and I are very happy to announce that Doc Sartin will be able to join us at Pace and Cap day via a telephone call.

I will have my wireless connection.We are looking at ways to
pull this off.

I am so happy that Doc will be able to join in on what will be a great day
I am already feeling the pressure

Bill and Ted
What you guys have done is fantastic!

I'm sure Howard has got to be REALLY "feeling it" as far as all the LOVE being shown him from his methodologists in his senior years. I sit and picture him ailing physically(sharp as a tack mentally!), in the house kinda cooped up and isolated.

The enter Bill and Ted and the work they have done keeping him in the "know" and involved in his creation while he is into his 8th decade here!!

I'm sure everyone knows that all the attention he is still getting has to just make his day man!! HAS TO!!!

That is something money and all the fame in the world simply can NOT buy.

Bill you listen here. That man has a VERY special place in his heart for YOU. It was so obvious the last time I spoke with him ok? I'm serious. You take your time and TALK with him. Tell him how you feel about him. Tell him you are coming to Del Mar in a few weeks and want to see him. Do NOT take no for an answer. GO for it friend. Win lose or draw you will be glad in the end you did.

Life is too short.

Jonathan Steele
08-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Bill,

I hope you had the forethought to record it!!

Regards,

Jon

Rverge
08-13-2008, 05:41 PM
hello to all "yens" lucky people going to the spa this weekend! i do wish i could attend, but work on the weekends. so, all, have a safe trip, take your time, and have a great time! and please, have a Merlot, a Cab or a Grey Goose with cranberry and Toast! Bill give my best to the Doc.
Rverge awtbka MLCOOKIE

tom
08-13-2008, 10:29 PM
I was at Saratoga last weekend and just got back. It rained the whole time I was there, but it was still a great trip. Hope you guys have better weather, and a good time. Wish I could go back this weekend. Good capping to you all.

Bill V.
08-14-2008, 06:28 AM
I wish you could be there
I really am looking forward to this weekend
I will let Doc know that so many more would have liked to join in
on our day

Saratoga !

do they simo Philly Park :D

Bill

MIKE
08-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Philly

8/16-8/19

Jimbo282
08-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Myself and Bill Lyster are representing the Pace And Cap crew here in Saratoga....where is eveyone...lol
We are having a great time and are looking forward to meeting everyone Sunday.

Jimmy Stewart & Bill Lyster

Ted Craven
08-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Hi Folks!

Just got in tonight and heading to the track tomorrow - praying for no rain... Jimmy/Bill L, I emailed you my cell - let's connect. Anyone else: just PM me or email me (ted @ artofpace.com) and I'll get you my cell #.

I'll try to post some pictures as time goes on. Should be a blast!

Ted

Bill V.
08-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi Jim Bill L Ted and all

I am on my way. I have a few deliveries left for Friday
I will be traveling up as soon as I can
I should be there early Saturday AM
handicapping and looking forward to breakfast at saratoga

http://www.paceandcap.com/websitepictures/saratoga.gif

Bill Lyster
08-15-2008, 08:09 PM
When we arrive on Sunday where do we go or who do we call to find out where the tables/seats tents, whatever are located?

Ted, your cell phone, never was picked up today.

Ted Craven
08-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Bill,

I just emailed you. Don't know what was with my cell today... It should be working now (and tomorrow).

Our PaceandCap tables on Sunday are in the 'Festival Tent' (just ask), but that is behind the grandstand, near the English pub, down the walkway a bit towards the saddling enclosure area, next the outside fence. It is a larger white tented area, with a few dozen picnic tables under it. We are at tables 6, 15 and 16, in the centre of the tent. You might also notice a table of computer using PaceAdvantage folks along the one edge. We'll be just a few tables away...

I spent the day schmoozing with Charlie B and some of the PaceAdvantage crew. Finally, it was dry weather, but the playable races were mostly dominated by favourites. I was up a few bucks, ready to cash in for the day on the Stakes race for the day, but the #6 came home over my top 2 picks..., so no soup.

I'll bring the computer and camera tomorrow and see if there's space at the PaceAdvantage tables (see directions above) Otherwise, look for me around the Alabama in Section O, Row A, trackside.

Great to be back at the Spa after a 14 year hiatus. Now to work on tomorrow's card...

Ted

jms62
08-16-2008, 05:44 AM
Wishin I could make it guys... Have a great time ! Ted don't forget to get your Breeders cup challange picks in for today and tommorow... I Highly recommend Hatties on Phila street for the best Fried Chicken you are ever going to have...

Bill V.
08-16-2008, 06:07 AM
I made it I'm waiting in line to get in for Breakfast at Saratoga
Hey Rich ! I'm at the gate Its 6.05 am and the line is a mile long
they open at 7.00 (i think)
ok stumbling along Where can I get a cheese steak !!!

Ted I lost your cell # please call me if you see this message

talk soon
Bill

Ted Craven
08-16-2008, 06:10 AM
Jim,

I'll be sure to check out Hatties and will raise a wing for you! Sorry you can't make it this weekend, but good luck in the BC Fantasy! I'll be cheering on my pick in the Sword Dancer from trackside this time!

Ted

RichieP
08-16-2008, 07:02 AM
I made it I'm waiting in line to get in for Breakfast at Saratoga
Hey Rich ! I'm at the gate Its 6.05 am and the line is a mile long
they open at 7.00 (i think)
ok stumbling along Where can I get a cheese steak !!!

Ted I lost your cell # please call me if you see this message

talk soon
Bill

Morning Bill!
Grab a hot looking waitress and tell her you "want the works"! :D
Hope you and everyone has a great time!

shoeless
08-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Bill,If you see Mike Francessa tell him sorry to hear about him and Mad Dog breaking up,even though Im not a New Yorker I still enjoyed their show.Jeff

Bill V.
08-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Bill,If you see Mike Francessa tell him sorry to hear about him and Mad Dog breaking up,even though Im not a New Yorker I still enjoyed their show.Jeff

Hi Rich Yes I sat with a nice lady at breakfast
now I'm drifting around taking in the talent
They are out already

Jeff
Yes I heard Mike F and Mad dog split up
Mike was on by himself yesterday so I guess he will run the show solo
As mad dog is leaving the WFAN He was on by phone call and he was very sad to leave

Hey Jeff
Gramm Motion I guess he is a Maryland based trainer ?
I saw him during the morning workouts

Ok well let me see more sights

Bill

shoeless
08-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Bill, Motion will run his horses all over the place,he is one of the better trainers.HAVE FUN.Jeff

Bill V.
08-16-2008, 10:08 AM
I just saw Funny Cide cantering around the track !!!
Look at him wow a man amongst boys !!

Wow he is flexing his muscles
Thats the way the speaker lady described him as he went around the outer rail

Leave me alone boys Its me the man!

I did not know that Funny Cide never won a race here at Saratoga

Bill

Vinnie
08-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Hey Guys:

I just wanted to let you know that I have been literally jumping through Hoops trying to get oriented to be in attendance tomorrow at the SPA.. However, I work for the DOJ in Corrections and unfortunately, I just won't quite be able to make it tomorrow. It crushes me because I just wanted the chance to see all of the folks associated with this Incredible board in person just to say hello and play a few races with you guys. I tell ya what, even if I am in FL this next year, I will fly out for that weekend just to get the chance to see you guys.

Have an Awesome Time tomorrow and hit a few BIG mutuels guys... :)

All the BEST to you all Always. Good Luck and Good Skill.

Vinnie :>))

Bill V.
08-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Early in the day things are going great
after the first race our gang
Ted Craven
Bill Lyster
Jimbo
Charlie B
and Me
all watched the 5 4 3 run just as RDSS and our lines thought

Vinnie I really appreciate your effort to get here
wishing to see you all at some time

Bill

Bill V.
08-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Newbie Jimbo hits the 7th race exacta
4th race ever with the rdss

A nice day just gets better
Hey Jim now your on your way

Ted Craven
08-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Hello folks,

Your faithful reporter on the job, live from beautiful Saratoga Racetrack, where the warm up for PaceandCap day tomorrow brought together 5 denizens of this community from far-flung places like Hawaii, Canada, Louisiana, New Jersey and beautiful downtown Saratoga itself. Thanks to the friendly folks at the PaceAdvantage group tables for making a table available for for us today, and to Charlie Bedard and his charming friends Sara and Mike for sharing their clubhouse seats with us during the 2 Stakes races!

Following, a brief photo record of Saturday's events:

Bill V, green and game for action!

http://www.sartinmethodology.com/images/saratoga2008/billv.gif

The Saturday, early crew getting ready for the Alabama Stakes (clockwise from top centre): Sara from Saratoga, Jimmy S (Jimbo282), Bill Lyster, Charlie Bedard, Bill V, Ted Craven, Mike from Saratoga. Missing is Dave Siegel, TrackMaster pres, who also sat with us for several races.

http://www.sartinmethodology.com/images/saratoga2008/saturday_crew.gif

(continued...)

Ted Craven
08-16-2008, 11:16 PM
The start of the Alabama Stakes (keep your eye on the #2 Proud Spell)

http://www.sartinmethodology.com/images/saratoga2008/alabama_start.gif

Down the stretch - Proud Spell takes command, only to be passed by #1 Music Note just as they passed by us and the eight pole. Followed by the most thrilling furlong of racing I've ever seen personally wherein Proud Spell courageously battled back to regain the lead and finish in front by a head. Showed great courage and determination and earned stirring applause by fans (and paid $5.90 to win, as predicted by some...)

http://www.sartinmethodology.com/images/saratoga2008/alabama_stretch.gif

Some of us also had good fortune in the 1st, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th races (and possibly others), with the highlights surely being Jimbo's modest but well deserved exacta hit in the 7th, and the stirring race call by Tom Durkin of the 6th race won by the #10 Arrrrr, pronounced with great gusto with each advancing stride and repeatedly at the finish line, sounding more like an advancing horde of wild Scottish clansmen: Arrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! ( Watch the replay (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=566428&postcount=2)) By the way, for those who are counting, Arrrrr was a TRIPLE ADVANTAGE horse - 3 lines better than the rest of the field, and free money (check it out).

Two guys and a racetrack:

http://www.sartinmethodology.com/images/saratoga2008/bill&ted.gif

Tired but expectant, we retire to work the races for tomorrow, greet the rest of the visiting PaceandCappers (Festival Tent, hang a right just after the main entrance ticket booths, follow the path towards the walking ring, near the jumbotron board, red and white striped roof) and prepare to converse with Doc Sartin by phone Sunday afternoon.

Looking forward to meeting old and new friends...

Ted

Charlie D
08-17-2008, 07:51 AM
Hi

I'm not sure i'm doing right thing here guys, so don't fall out with me if you think it's wrong

Can you dedicate today to THE HAT

Raise a Glass and Make him proud guys

Bill V.
08-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Hello Charlie

Thank you for your thought

Yes I have a little something for our guest

I would want to share with our group. something for Jim
Its for a thankfulness for his time and friendship to paceandcap.
His loyalty to the Sartin methodology and to his wish to make sure his ideas and methods will always be a part of what we do
GS
Bill

shoeless
08-17-2008, 09:14 AM
Bill,Saw your photos and you look great keep it up,hope you have a fun day at the SPA.Jeff

shoeless
08-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Bill,Maybe you should call this A Day At The Races 2008.The manual A Day At The Races was done at Saratoga which Doc and Jim were part of.Jeff

Bill V.
08-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Bill,Maybe you should call this A Day At The Races 2008.The manual A Day At The Races was done at Saratoga which Doc and Jim were part of.Jeff

Thanks for the suggestion Jeff and the nice compliment

Ted and I spoke to Doc yesterday after the last race
we are going to call him between a race later today
He sounds great I bet he had some great times here
People are coming in so our
day at the races 2008 will be great
Bill

Jimbo282
08-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi everyone !
On my SECOND day of RDSS, I hit 3 exactas with the highest paying $ 71.00. (Thanks Charlie B. for the make believe INQUIRY...lol)
If you think I am redboarding please ask any my 6 witnesses. (Bill Lyster, Ted, Bill V., Charlie B., Mike, Or Bob)
That's 5 exactas in just 2 days of using RDSS. ( I did not record my bets but I honestly think I was 5 for 10).
Am I bragging, NO ! I am just trying to let everyone know who DOES NOT use RDSS how simple it is to use. Trust me when I say that I am computer illeterate. If I can do it anyone can.
With that said, I would like to thank Bill Lyster (my roommate in Saratoga) for helping me and guiding me with RDSS during the time we have spent together here in Saratoga.
I would like to thank Ted for his guidance and his kindness.
I would like to thank Bill V. for putting together a wonderful Pace and Cap day at the races. Great job Bill and Thanks for the Pace and Cap bag of goodies !
I would like to thank Charlie B. for allowing our group the use of his great seats for the Alabama Stakes. That is 1 race I will never forget.

Jimmy Stewart

Zaf
08-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Bill & Ted,

Was a pleasure to meet you guys this weekend, lotsa fun !

Bill, thanks for the nice gift !

You guys are class acts !

Darrell

Bill V.
08-18-2008, 06:12 AM
Hi everyone !
On my SECOND day of RDSS, I hit 3 exactas with the highest paying $ 71.00. (Thanks Charlie B. for the make believe INQUIRY...lol)
If you think I am redboarding please ask any my 6 witnesses. (Bill Lyster, Ted, Bill V., Charlie B., Mike, Or Bob)
That's 5 exactas in just 2 days of using RDSS. ( I did not record my bets but I honestly think I was 5 for 10).
Am I bragging, NO ! I am just trying to let everyone know who DOES NOT use RDSS how simple it is to use. Trust me when I say that I am computer illeterate. If I can do it anyone can.
With that said, I would like to thank Bill Lyster (my roommate in Saratoga) for helping me and guiding me with RDSS during the time we have spent together here in Saratoga.
I would like to thank Ted for his guidance and his kindness.
I would like to thank Bill V. for putting together a wonderful Pace and Cap day at the races. Great job Bill and Thanks for the Pace and Cap bag of goodies !
I would like to thank Charlie B. for allowing our group the use of his great seats for the Alabama Stakes. That is 1 race I will never forget.

Jimmy Stewart

Good morning Jimmy

You did it ... I was real happy for you, I watched you work 3 of the race
and your paceline and contender selection skills are very good
I am sorry for getting a little loud in race 10
The 7 was a binder improver and I love Binder improvers
when they cap off
a dream and a wonderful weekend
working laughing and seeing good people win

I thank you for helping me with the goodie bags

Good skill to you
Bill

Bill V.
08-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Bill & Ted,

Was a pleasure to meet you guys this weekend, lotsa fun !

Bill, thanks for the nice gift !

You guys are class acts !

Darrell

Hi Darrell

It was nice to meet so many of the friends we have made
I am happy you had a good time. Hey I watched you hit two nice races
a nice pick 3 and the late double on Saturday :)
Good Skill to you

Ted Craven
08-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Well, the weekend has come and gone and it was great to meet all the fine folks who dropped by the Pace and Cap table. SaratogaDon and Don E (tazzerbobo) who are each spending the meet in Saratoga, using Val4; Mike W and his wife Eleanor from Toronto; Bill Lyster from Hawaii, Jimmy S (jimbo282) from Louisiana, Bill Varone and Charlie Bedard from Saratoga (for the summer); Zaf from Montreal. Also, RedKnave from Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario visited with us from the PaceAdvantage tables.

After the 8th race on Sunday, we all had a very enjoyable telephone conversation with Doc Sartin, who spoke with several of us all gathered around Bill's microphone and listened to our stories about our triumphs this weekend and reminiscences about various seminars in the past. He reminded us that the Bottom Line/Betting Line had gotten last year's Alabama Stakes winner clearly on top at a good price, and we informed him that we were still (at least) 2 for 2 in that Stakes, as Proud Spell was on top of the heap this year (though at shorter odds).

Bill V made a recording of that conversation and I hope he can clean it up and post it here for all to hear. Bill V may not dwell on it, but during the conversation (and Doc repeated this emphatically to me in a follow up call I made to him after the group conversation), Doc was very grateful that Bill has put in so much hard work and dedicated effort to maintain the website community and faithfully advance Doc's work in the new era.

He also said that Bill was doing a great job at teaching willing students how to use the Methodology tools, and offered Jimmy S (jimbo282) as an example of someone who has benefitted from Bill's guidance. Jimbo told Howard that he had hit 5 or 6 exactas this weekend using Methodology software (RDSS) but that it was likely beginners luck - but Howard reminded him that he could no longer use that excuse past the end of the day, and that by following simple, clear guidelines, he was well on his way to being a winner.

I also told him that my Mom was having great success following similar guidelines and he was very warm in wishing her all the best success.

Howard also mentioned his appreciation for Richie P's work in continuing the Matchup, and his support of Bill and the PaceandCap website.

Thanks Doc for spending a bit of time with us: I know the phone line was sometimes not the best, but we all had a great time! Best health and happiness to you and the family. Hope we can talk again soon!

Ted

Ted Craven
08-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Some Sunday photos:

Clockwise: Bill V, Jimbo282, Bill Lyster, Don E (tazzerbobo) who displays his nifty grab-bag of goodies provided by Bill V, including the Pace and Cap T-shirts (see below)

http://www.sartinmethodology.com/images/saratoga2008/sar081708a.gif

Visitors from the PaceAdvantage tables: OTM Al, Zaf (go Habs!), RedKnave

http://www.sartinmethodology.com/images/saratoga2008/sar081708b.gif

After our converation with Doc, some of the remianing folks (from left): Ted, Jimbo, Bill L, Mike W, Bill V

http://www.sartinmethodology.com/images/saratoga2008/sar081708c.gif

Yes, that's a Stetson Hat on the sleeve, reminding us it's just a danged horse-race... (we still have a lot to learn from Hat, and from RichieP)

http://www.paceandcap.com/images/Tshirtb.jpg

RichieP
08-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Very cool to put faces to a lot of folks from the pictures! Wish I coulda been there.

Hey Bill V what is this I hear about you nailing the last race BIG priced winner on a "Binder Improver"?? When you get a chance maybe a "step by step" showing how you did it for those of us who couldn't see it live. :)

Glad to see Howard is hanging tough.

Tim Y
08-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Glad all had a good time, but a few suggestions from a old photographer that might make future photo captures a bit better balanced.

ALL modern day cameras, film or digitally based, use through the lens metering and try to make the image 18% neutral gray. The camera does not know WHAT about a shot is of interest, it just averages the amount of light coming in top 18% neutral gray. IF there is a lot of reflected light,usually from a strong back lit situation, as when people are standing in front of a window, or, in your cases here, in the dark under an awning, the camera AVERAGES the exposure to the total amount of light coming in, so it will UNDER-EXPOSE the images in the shade, OR, in the case of the very white shirt, it will overexpose. Most professionals "bracket" exposures of shots (like at a wedding) by taking progressive shots increasing half an F stop over exposed in two steps (like F4, then two hales over to F5.6)and two progressive halves under, in order to compensate back-lighting or reflected light. The photo of mine HERE, the avatar, required metering ON the horse or otherwise the back lighting of the sky behind the rider would have UNDER-exposed the horse in the foreground

Many of the newer cameras allow the user to spot meter in the area of a composed shot so that the meter only averages the light within that narrow parameter and NOT the entire field of view. I use this often at the gate since the horses are coming in from very bright light into the shadows of the gate which would be UNDER-exposed when they enter that shadow. Some other cameras use lower centered weighted metering, some allow pre-metering shots.

Just remember back lighting, white objects (or very bright objects in a dark field like a spot light in a darkened room) need to be balance before you hit the shutter for better light balance.

Rverge
08-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Glad all of you had a great time! all looks well and Ted the pics look great!
thanks
Rverge aka MLCookie

Bill V.
08-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Those words are from a friend of mine and Richies
from back in our Meadowlands days

Why do I use the Sartin Methodology? why would I want people
who I am betting against to know what I do?
Why would I care about the guys who are not doing well?
Who cares? I do Our day at the races from Saratoga
made me feel like a big winner my bets made me a big winner
Things that friends and family wished for me made me act like a winner

What is the Sartin Methodology ??
Its the thing that gave me a happy healthy life

This is a gift from me
Its a little loud and not the usual thing you hear from me
But I thank two nice young lady friends of mine for
making me feel a lot better about myself and they love this stuff

Anyway My wish is that you all feel this way next time you
wager - That this is you on the way home - Nobody But Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4L_RorlztM

nomorebocci
08-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Bill, I just finished reading the entire thread of Pace and Cap Day at Saratoga, and I am so unbelievably proud of you, son. All that work and creativity that you did, all for your friends, it just filled me with tremendous admiration. (Admiration for Admin)
I loved all the pictures. You look so happy. Just what a mother wants to see.
Great job. I danced around to Nobody But Me. Very cute.
Love, Love, Love. Mom

Vinnie
08-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Bill,

I hope that you are doing well?! Fantastic to hear that everyone had such a great time at Saratoga this past weekend. You can tell by the photos that a wonderful time was had by all who were able to be in attendance. It was very generous and awesome of you to put on this event Bill. I just wanted to say that I loved the Pace and Cap T-shirts with the Stetson on the sleeve too. Were those of your design by the way? ;)

Nice touch! :)

Have a Great Week everyone.

Vinnie

Red Knave
08-19-2008, 01:17 PM
I was glad to be a part of the last day with the group at Saratoga. It's a magical place. And hearing Doc's voice after so many years (I think the last time for me was 1992) was a very special treat.
I would like to extend a special thanks to Bill V. for the 'lovely parting gift' and to Ted Craven for agreeing to help me with a personal favour even though we had just met. And a shout out to Jimbo for rubbing it in when I left out the favorite Stepaside in the 8th and letting me do the same when he left out Friskie Rosie in the final.
To RichieP, sorry you couldn't be there. I look forward to meeting you sometime in the future.

All together a great time.

Bill V.
08-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Bill,

I hope that you are doing well?! Fantastic to hear that everyone had such a great time at Saratoga this past weekend. You can tell by the photos that a wonderful time was had by all who were able to be in attendance. It was very generous and awesome of you to put on this event Bill. I just wanted to say that I loved the Pace and Cap T-shirts with the Stetson on the sleeve too. Were those of your design by the way? ;)

Nice touch! :)

Have a Great Week everyone.

Vinnie

Yes Vinnie
I want people who see the t shirt to ask Why a Cowboy hat?
Its for our friend Jim Bradshaw and we can tell them about the "Hat"

Bill

VoodooFan
08-19-2008, 04:56 PM
That hat on the sleeve was cool.

Maybe another idea would be a picture of that bolo tie around the neck line, like someone was wearin it.

Might be a predecessor of a future "official" Pace and Cap forum members tee-shirt.

Who knows.

But maybe one might "not" want to wear it at the track.....especially if one is a consistant winner.......might be a "bullseye"......"hey, watch anybody with that "hat" on their sleeve....might be one of those "Sartinese's" or "Hat" disciples......we did'nt ban THE HAT from the track cause he was only a "2 dollar" bettor".;)

Might also have people followin you just to hear what you bet to get a winner, too.

I betcha when Doc and seminar attendees, and Hat kept coming to the window to cash out, they were gettin more recognized by the clerks....betcha some clerks, who were smart, had a field day betting on what these people bet.

VoodooFan

VoodooFan
08-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Sure would've been nice if just ONE of those old seminars was on film, somewhere, to see the teachin crew and guest.

Doc and THE HAT gave a presentation at one of those DRF's official "Handicapping Expo" , but I don't know if their part or any of the Expo made it on film.

VoodooFan

gandalf380
08-19-2008, 09:00 PM
I hope everyone got home safely. It was a fun weekend and I hope that we do it again in the future. I am in still in awe about the Alabama. What a race to see live on our big weekend. What a pleasure to put faces with names and handles. Hope to see all of you again soon.

Charlie B.

Bill V.
08-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Thank You for everything..

I am so happy to have met you
The Alabama race was a classic Your seats are
fantastic

I took a picture with my camera phone
but it came out real bad
But the memory of the day are there

Thanks Charlie
for a great day

Bill

Jimbo282
08-20-2008, 09:42 AM
I second that Bill V., that was a GREAT race and thanks to the kindness of Charlie B. I was able to view the race up close.
That will be one race I will never forget.

Jimmy

Jimbo282
08-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Here I sit at the Kenner,La. OTB and looking at the Saratoga tv monitor and thinking back to last weekend. About the good friendships and fun times that I had.
Thanks to everyone who helped me and made a dream a reality.
Now I am getting ready to pick me some winners.

Jimmy

tom
08-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Glad to hear you guys had a good time. I was sorry to miss you. I left Tuesday, but had a great time in spite of the rain. Glad to hear my good friend Red Knave hooked up with you all. Bob is a great guy!:D

Good to hear the Doc again, too.

Bill Lyster
08-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Charlie:

Check your PM's. I need info to send you the stuff we talked about

Bill

Bill V.
08-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Here I am back to work

The young guy is my longtime friend
Raul He came to the United States as a young boy from Cali Colombia Raul really wanted to go to P and C day
He has been my friend for many years
He teases me
"Bills picks on Pace and Cap
The horses either come in first or last :) "

http://www.paceandcap.com/websitepictures/BillBaums.jpg

Ted Craven
09-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Late breaking photo as the Pace and Cap Tshirts make their way across the continent.

Barb Craven
http://www.sartinmethodology.com/images/saratoga2008/barbctshirt.jpg

Bill V.
09-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Thank You

You are too cool :cool: One of us

Wear it well

GS
Bill

barb craven
09-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks Bill. That means a lot!:)

Barb

RichieP
09-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Late breaking photo as the Pace and Cap Tshirts make their way across the continent.

Barb Craven
http://www.sartinmethodology.com/images/saratoga2008/barbctshirt.jpg

OMG!! Ted you look just like your Mom!!

Hi Barb! Nice to "meet you" :) :)