PDA

View Full Version : Fast races, slow races ?


Profiler8
07-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi,

I am useing RDSS and I have some really nice results, but how can I figure out the Pace of the race. I have tried it with Quirin Speed points, but there are often races, which have three Early horses and one of them wins. I have read in many books, that the pace collapsed, when there are too many Early horses.

Today in the first race at Monmouth there were three Early Pace horses and three Early Pressers (Quirin Styles: E7 + E6 + E2 + EP 4 + EP3 + EP3).
The winner was the E6 horse.

How can I handicap these races or are these non betting races ?

Thanks...

Greetings
Tim

grahors
07-23-2008, 03:50 PM
I don't have the file, but did the E6 horse a distinct EP advantage over the other E's??
You are right in thinking the E's (and even EP's with 5 or more Quirrin pts..they sometimes get caught up in early pace battles..IMO) should fade out of the win picture. UNLESS, one is dominating...negates everything. IMO.
Cecil

Profiler8
07-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi Cecil,

yes, the six had a good advantage. I thought Woodbine is a little bit faster, so I exclude the horse.

But you are right.

Thanks...

Greetings
Tim