View Full Version : Calibration Handicapping Next Level
shoeless
07-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Im in no way making money off of this.Someone on board reminded me of just how good of a book this way.If you want a different approach to looking at the races and getting contenders it's an excellent read.Here is the website
http://www.free-horseracing-info.com/handicapping-cal.html Jeff
It is an excellent book and Jim Lehane is an excellent handicapper !
shoeless
07-30-2008, 06:58 PM
One heck of a nice guy too,he is not one of those who when you ask him a question will do anything but give you an honest answer.
Didnt know there was a seperate area for non sartin type posts.
socantra
07-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Didnt know there was a seperate area for non sartin type posts.
Well. sometimes its hard for you newbies to figure out how the board operates.:) :confused: ;) :)
shoeless
07-30-2008, 08:31 PM
guess your right
Jonathan Steele
07-31-2008, 04:39 AM
Jim's a class act and very good handicapper. When Mr. Lehane speaks, I listen. I purchased the very first printing of his book in 1999. When I found out there was an updated version available a couple of years (or so) later, I wrote him. He remembered me and was kind enough to send yours truly (gratis) his latest printing. Little things like that mean a LOT to me. I would have gladly payed for his updated edition. But he didn't charge me. That proved to me Jim wasn't in the handicapping book publishing business solely for profit (not that there's anything wrong with that) but truly desired to educate those who wanted to learn.
Jon
RichieP
07-31-2008, 05:41 AM
I just finished the book a few days ago. Tremendous read and this could be one of the top 2 books on capping the races to win money ever written.
Shoe fwiw if there was ever a style or methodology that fit YOUR way of looking at races from a recency point of view this is it.
Highly recommend it
Turbulator
07-31-2008, 06:36 AM
I just finished the book a few days ago. Tremendous read and this could be one of the top 2 books on capping the races to win money ever written.
Shoe fwiw if there was ever a style or methodology that fit YOUR way of looking at races from a recency point of view this is it.
Highly recommend it
From reading the description on his web site it sounds like there are some "MatchUp" ideas in this book. Would you agree with that, Richie?
RichieP
07-31-2008, 06:47 AM
From reading the description on his web site it sounds like there are some "MatchUp" ideas in this book. Would you agree with that, Richie?
Yes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wgS5PNTvgg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzp0JETG0Pw
RAMON201
07-31-2008, 08:24 AM
I have a 2002 copy of Calibration Handicapping (The Next Level ) and I have to admit looking thru it but not reading or studying it. I sent for it and when I got it I was into the Harness horses and it wound up on my book shelf. I'll have to set aside the time to read it. Sounds like it would be a complement to the Match-UP.
Ted Craven
07-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Agreed, I also recommend Jim's book. He has been very helpful to me in explaining a few of his concepts. Everyone would benefit.
Ted
Ummm
Haven't read the book but heard enough about it to where I can venture that:
never has there been so much written about what is an OBVIOUS MOVE --- the premature-bid-on the-turn-weakened move. Was using that one back in the '70's and still use it, with fruitful results, presently.
A next step for those enlightened by the book would be to WATCH MORE RACES. You'd be surprised what you might find when the actual is substituted for the theoretical. Those afraid to make this (real world) jump can do up some charts the way I do and get a real world feel (in a theoretical sense). It's all good.
Just another public service announcement by the Thoroughbred Race Watchers Association (party of 3, at the moment).:rolleyes:
vBulletin® v3.8.11, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.