PDA

View Full Version : Free TVG Contest for Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship


Turbulator
09-22-2008, 12:20 AM
There are two contests. Top three win an entry. One this Saturday 9/27 and another one next Saturday 10/4. You need not have an account with TVG, but you must register to participate.

How to Play (http://www.ntra.com/nhc/tvg/default.aspx?action=how)

RichieP
09-25-2008, 07:57 PM
PP's for all 10 contest races courtesy of the Daily Racing Form are now available on the TVG site after registering/signing in
http://www.ntra.com/nhc/tvg/login.aspx


This promises to have all the fireworks of an old fashioned shootout!!

Very best of luck/skill to everyone man. This is serious :eek:

Charlie D
09-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Can Euro's enter????

barb craven
09-25-2008, 08:13 PM
I Don't See Why Not, Canadians Can.

Barb

RichieP
09-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Trackmaster has none of the darn cards up as of now. Wanted to work 5 of the 10 tonight and the other half tomorrow night. Now have to do all 10 in one shot tomorrow.

Hi Barb,Charlie and Steve :)

The best:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loDRIPndoaE&feature=related

Charlie D
09-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks Barb

Can't see anything in rules


I'll soon find out when i register i suppose

Charlie D
09-25-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm in

:cool:

grahors
09-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Hee Hawww...shoot out at th OK Corral. Bring on the gun slingers!!
Cec

RichieP
09-26-2008, 09:28 AM
My buddy Charlie is all in tomorrow! He is hard at work on the races already man. :D

Go head C!

Ted Craven
09-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Looks like BEL and TP Saturday cards are up at TrackMaster. OSA still unavailable.

Ted

Charlie D
09-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi Guys

Never entered a Comp like this before so can you clarify something

It says Picks in X minutes before race, does this mean ALL or just pick in X minutes before for that particular race??

Charlie D
09-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Got it, selections in 5 minutes before each Post time

RichieP
09-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Got it, selections in 5 minutes before each Post time

Charlie
Make sure the bets are in 5 minutes before LISTED post time. You will see that above each race on the page where you select your pick. It is not 5 mtp of actual post time. Rather they are using LISTED post time.

Screenshot shows "post time" of opening race tomorrow as 3:02 Eastern ok?

RichieP
09-26-2008, 05:31 PM
A few buddies that use Black Magic are jumping in man!

My buddy Mark from Jersey just called up telling me he just got the program and likes it! Sammy who is a friend of ours and moderates the Wizard Forum is gearing up too! Plus a few real cool folks I met over there are "all in".

I told him of the contest tomorrow and at first he said he couldn't go cause he was working. I told him shoot work the races tonight and make his picks tonight!

He said "cuz if you'd were a ballplayer you'd be "The Mick" :eek: :eek:

Mark if he gets rolling can run the tables. Bill can tell some stories about the times we all had back in the day at the Big M ;)

Charlie D
09-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Make sure the bets are in 5 minutes before LISTED post time.


Will do

Cheers Richie

JimG
09-26-2008, 05:37 PM
I'll be playing. Can always use the Tour Points. :D

Jim

RichieP
09-26-2008, 05:44 PM
I'll be playing. Can always use the Tour Points. :D

Jim

Hey they need to take some away from you Jim. Give the rest of us some love! :)
Nice avatar man! Did you make the move? Very best tomorrow and always

JimG
09-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Hi Richie,

Thanks regarding the avatar. I converted for good a couple of months ago. In all seriousness, the tour points are important. At the end of the year $100,000 goes to the tour points leader and scales down from there. I'm currently around 75th place. My playing in this online contest is a win-win. I can do well and get tour points and I will not take a spot from anyone that finishes directly behind.

The tour, while not perfect, is a good idea as it keeps people interested in tourneys even after they have qualified.

Jim

Charlie D
09-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Couple of winners and a couple placed

Nets
09-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Rank Card Total Payout
1527T Nets $19.60

grahors
09-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Made it to 74th place with $62.20
There is always next week.
Good luck to all.....
Cecil

Turbulator
09-27-2008, 11:11 PM
I didn't see my name anywhere on the list, but I ended up with about $40.00. (I did see grahors, Charlie D and Shanta1.)

I passed up two (in my opinion) cinch winners, Starbound and Wait a While in order to try for a price.

But my efforts were somewhat in vain. I made my selections about 7am and then went to bed. Three of my selections were scratched and I ended up on the favorites anyway. (Two of which won.)

I guess to have the best chance you need to play these things live.

Another strategy I'm considering is to toss the first three favorites as if they didn't exist and then handicap the race from there. But NOT the first three morning line favorites. I've seen too many 4-1 morning line horses pay $32.00.

If you won every single race at average odds of three to one you might have had a chance at winning THIS contest. But with over 2000 entries, if one or two bombs hit the board you have to figure someone will have them.

So if someone has two out of three bombs and three or four of the lower price horses they are going to be the ones to beat. And by lower price I mean in the $8.00 to $15.00 range.

They are still good practice. Some of those races I never even look at. 1 1/2 mile turf and 1 1/4 mile races never even enter my radar. Maiden races with lots of first time starters. Two-year old races, etc.

Steve

gandalf380
09-27-2008, 11:40 PM
I finished with $21.80. Not a particularly stellar day. Oh well.

Charlie Bedard

Turbulator
09-27-2008, 11:55 PM
I didn't see my name anywhere on the list, but I ended up with about $40.00. (I did see grahors, Charlie D and Shanta1.)



I finally found it. I finished 102 with $59.20. (Just one bomb away from being in the hunt.)

Turbulator
09-28-2008, 12:38 AM
So if someone has two out of three bombs and three or four of the lower price horses they are going to be the ones to beat. And by lower price I mean in the $8.00 to $15.00 range.



You know, now that I think about it, I could be all wet on this (or little damp.) The longest shot to come in today was Otter Island paying $17.60 and $9.00. The second longest shot paid $10.00 and $5.00. Obviously, you needed both of those along with three or four others.

I had Otter Island, but I didn't have Casino Gold. Maybe with mandatory races you need to take a slightly different tack, but I still believe the fact remains that you pretty much have to hit most (or in this case all) of the higher priced horses.

I do believe you can pass up the even money shots, no matter how good they look and try to get a big place price on a longshot--who could also win.

There are a lot of ways to think about this.

My Winning Results:

TP (7) silver sword (place) $8.00 (14.6 to 1)
TP (8) West Side Bernie $ 5.60 $3.80 (scratched in) (1.8 to 1)
BP (9) Grand Couturier $ 7.30 $4.10 (2.65 to 1)
BP (11) Otter Island $17.60 $9.00 (7.8 to 1)
OT (9) Vacare (place) $4.40 (4.3 to 1)

My Losing Results:

OT (9) Malusita Odds 85.7 (finished 9th)
OK (10) Surf Cat Odds 13.3 (finished 4th)
OK (11) Posse's Princess Odds 51.9 (finished last)
TP (5) Lady Simpson Odds 24.3 (finished fifth)
TP (6) Bold Union Odds 1.8 (scratched in)

chris
09-28-2008, 02:05 AM
Interesting, in that with three tracks on the menu, they served us so many Maiden Races? But again it's their contest, not mine. Particularly interesting because I usually pass Mdn races; so how did I fare with the Mdns? Two first place finishes and one second. Guess I'll have to re-think that one.

Finished in 372th place with $44.80 as "palikari" my new TVG handle.

Regards,
Chris

jms62
09-28-2008, 07:11 AM
Interesting, in that with three tracks on the menu, they served us so many Maiden Races? But again it's their contest, not mine. Particularly interesting because I usually pass Mdn races; so how did I fare with the Mdns? Two first place finishes and one second. Guess I'll have to re-think that one.

Finished in 372th place with $44.80 as "palikari" my new TVG handle.

Regards,
Chris

Same here 44.80.. Looking for prices

RichieP
09-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Made it to 74th place with $62.20
There is always next week.
Good luck to all.....
Cecil

Darn good score Cecil! You said you were gonna move forward and you did man. I sucked. Think I made the top 2,000.

JimG
09-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Somehow I wound up with $2.40 in the contest. I didn't mean to. :eek:

RichieP
10-04-2008, 09:03 PM
I fared a lot better in this one with 3 winners from the 10 races. Forget this place crap man :eek:

$5.40
$8.80
$18.00

Bet = $20.00
Ret = $32.20

Nowhere to be found in contest.

lonestarracefan
10-04-2008, 11:40 PM
2 Wins
1 place

= $92.20

Nets
10-05-2008, 01:07 PM
1794T Nets $12.60

:eek: :eek: :eek:

gandalf380
10-05-2008, 01:26 PM
For the second week in a row showed a small profit
$33.60. Of that $23.60 were for wins. Finished in 884th place. Moving up in the world.