PDA

View Full Version : O.T.E. Potentials Tuesday 1/20

RichieP
01-19-2009, 07:43 PM
If you are working the track/race listed and YOU determine that at least THREE of the listed runners need the lead OR win from second position strongly consider tossing them as the race goes O.T.E. This is if THREE runners listed actually race.

I have NOT looked at the races but this is my starting point and it is solid. Identify 3 "E" runners. toss em from reads, wait for price in top 2 Bl/Bl. Use the ENTIRE pps for the remaining O.T.E. runners

Best of luck

Beu 8th - 10-2-1-8
Mnr 1st- 10-1-7
Mnr 5th- 3-2-4-7
Penn 1st- 1-8-3-2
Penn 4th- 9-4-10-5-12-1 :eek:
Penn 7th- 1-5-7
Pha 9th- 11-6-3
Pm 5th- 2-1-9
Pm 8th- 3-1-5
Sun 7th- 7-6-1
Sun 10th- 9-6-10-3-11 :eek:
Tam 7th- 7-10-5
Tup 8th- 3-10-6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6_NGtIr14c

RichieP
01-19-2009, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkPr_iXsTO8

tfm
01-20-2009, 02:20 AM
Yo, Rich

It's refreshing to see someone actually employing other than conventional methods. Anyone frequenting the racing forums these days is inundated with posts about SPEED and PACE (figures). It's seems that the only way to go for most is NUMBERS.

But I think that we can learn a lesson from the figuremakers. Not so much by using their numbers but rather by emulating their methodology. Thus, for example, just as someone like CJ can scan the past performances for those horses superior in terms of figures, non analytic handicappers can do likewise for horses fitting certain 'angles'.

So, you've got a program that looks for OTE situations. I've been thinking, for a while, of writing a program that that picks out all those runners coming back from races in which they 'wiped out' the field. Or one of the many other 'angles' I've 'stumbled' upon. Not as easily coded, unfortunately, but certainly very doable.

The idea being that the more races we play that fit our strengths, the more we will win. And the only way to do this is by looking at as many tracks as possible.

RichieP
01-20-2009, 06:15 AM
Morning bigman:)

My paisan Pino has written a very nice little program involving some of these "angles" you speak of. Yesterday he sent me 3 race readouts from Tup. He focuses on claiming races as he is a master at trainer moves/intent.

I called him up and he pointed me to a race that was gonna run in a couple of hours. He showed me this horse that had all kinds of good stuff going for it. Then he said the horse was 20/1 ml and he had to play the horse.

Horse wins @25/1 :D

Patience to wait for it to come to you. MP calls it "the bet making you"

RichieP
01-20-2009, 06:54 AM
I am not putting these threads in the Hat Check out of respect to Mr. Hat.

Reason being it is software doing the initial looking around for me and he wanted NONE of that in his area ok?

If I keep posting days it is going to clog up this forum and that is not right.

I've posted todays already. I'll post Wed too.

After that I will STOP the open posts.

If it is something you think will help you PM me here, let me know you want them and each night I will use the PM system Bill and Ted have set up for us and get them to you that way.

I WILL miss days because racing is 3rd fiddle on my priority list BUT when I run them for myself it will be my pleasure to send them to folks wanting them.

Take care

Charlie D
01-20-2009, 09:34 AM
What db i being used to run these queries, homemade or one commercially available ???

RichieP
01-20-2009, 04:04 PM
What db i being used to run these queries, homemade or one commercially available ???

Charlie
Filemaker Pro9 and TM data. It is homemade.

Charlie D
01-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Charlie
Filemaker Pro9 and TM data. It is homemade.

:cool:

Maybe something like it could be a RDSS option at some point in the not so distant future.