PDA

View Full Version : Woodbine match-Up race 7 July 2

mikesal57
07-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi..this is a follow up to a race that I put up on June 17 and put on my watch list..

here we go again...#8 's last race showed us the ability to close..broke next to last ...past 6 horses before getting to the 1st call..past 2 more to the stretch then faded...horse must still be sharp, coming back in 2 weeks..most of these horses likes to win on front...only one I would consider is the 12..

good luck

mike

raceman5
07-02-2009, 11:14 AM
for posting the pp's Mike. i see the fractions in this race going around 22.1 45.1. Boy there is a ton of speed in this race 35 speed points total IMO anything over 25 says OTE to me and this race i will go with the 12 and 7. The 12 loves running against those 45's and he should get it.

Bob

mikesal57
07-02-2009, 11:38 AM
no problem bob...why I'm still stuck on my 5 year old is the question

good luck

mike

alydar_ David
07-02-2009, 12:29 PM
This race has been taken off the turf.

Woodbine Changes
Thursday July 2, 2009

The Main Track condition is now: Fast

The Turf Track condition is now: Off

The weather at the Track is now: Ptly Cldy, 62

mikesal57
07-02-2009, 12:43 PM
This race has been taken off the turf.

Woodbine Changes
Thursday July 2, 2009

The Main Track condition is now: Fast

The Turf Track condition is now: Off

The weather at the Track is now: Ptly Cldy, 62

this was never on turf :confused:

For The Lead
07-03-2009, 02:11 AM
Hi..this is a follow up to a race that I put up on June 17 and put on my watch list..

here we go again...#8 's last race showed us the ability to close..broke next to last ...past 6 horses before getting to the 1st call..past 2 more to the stretch then faded...horse must still be sharp, coming back in 2 weeks..most of these horses likes to win on front...only one I would consider is the 12..

good luck

mike

Hello Mike,

I just wanted to add my two cents to this post, FWIW, probably not as much as the two cents I just mentioned. lol
Anyway, I just wanted to say that I recall the post from the 8 horses last race and I also recall that you were putting that horse on your "horses to watch" list. I watched his last race, as I'm sure you did and I did not get the same conclusion from it as you did. And here is my thoughts on that. For more years than I care to remember, I have been watching horse races. One thing that I have learned is, when and "early speed" horse misses the break, it will use all that normal early energy in an effort to gain the position it normally occupies, the front. Most times these horses never quite make the lead they so desperately want and whether they do or do not, they have nothing left.
Now I did not watch the race today, so I have no idea how the race ran, but my point is that I don't believe this horse made a "closing" move in it's last race, rather, just a desperate move by an early horse that missed the break.
Good luck,

mikesal57
07-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Hi FTL...thxs for following along with me and your incites..
well he tried to close again ..he was looking like he would pouch on the leader that did a 44.4 half but...no dice...The winner never did anything under 46 , so I was :confused:

anyway ...this 5 year old is off my list :p