PDA

View Full Version : Tamuska and Tomassi / Tale of 2 Brothers

RichieP
01-13-2006, 09:05 AM
2 Sicillian brothers that loved handicapping the races. Their approaches were vastly different however.

Tamuska:
He had to have everything down to the tenth of a point if u know what I mean. He spent hours and hours on t-t adjustments, pinpoint accuracy, program algorythms, detailed modeling the likes of which we have never seen.He changed par tables, did anythng and everything he could to "make things right". He would spend hours and hours working a race card. He would also mix programs, checking various readouts on them etc.It seemed to never end.

He would tell his brother: " How can you be so trusting of what you are using? Knowing our backround I would assume you would challenge everything in front of you Tomassi".

Tomassi would always answer with the same 5 words: "Because I am making money".

Tomassi:
He was kind of like the "good enough" guy. Yea he knew he wasnt working with perfect numbers ( is there really such a thing?), he used the same software over and over and over. He would spend 95% of his time in only TWO areas:
1- Form cycle analysis and paceline selection
2- Wagering decisions

Tomassi would tell his brother: "you are killing yourself with all this work and at the most critical time of all ( wager decisions and betting) you are a shell of who you really can be. Tamuska trust what you have in front of you brother. It IS good enough to get the job done. Relax."

After each day of wagering was done the 2 brothers would sit on the veranda overlooking the sea. They would have some crusty bread and a bottle of nice red wine. Sometimes when they both won big a shot of "Grappa" would be enjoyed.

They would relax and talk of their racing conquests and also of the women that would be coming by later for some dessert ;)

Tamuska and Tomassi were truly blessed.

Ciao

Ricardo Pizzicara :)

gl45
01-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Richie,
now I know why you call me Tamuska...lol
Pino

RichieP
01-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Richie,
now I know why you call me Tamuska...lol
Pino

Pino,
I don't think anybody was a bigger "Tamuska" than me :eek:. To be honest that's why I posted this. Both brothers are part of my psyche TODAY with "Tomassi" making more and more sense to me.

Plus the sea, wine and women OOHhhhhhh it's a beautiful thing Giuseppe!

Pino - "Tomassi" ;)

luv
Richie

Chip Napolitano
01-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Grappa you say ??

Tu Salute

CN

Chip Napolitano
02-14-2006, 08:15 PM
2 Sicillian brothers that loved handicapping the races. Their approaches were vastly different however.

Tamuska:
He had to have everything down to the tenth of a point if u know what I mean. He spent hours and hours on t-t adjustments, pinpoint accuracy, program algorythms, detailed modeling the likes of which we have never seen.He changed par tables, did anythng and everything he could to "make things right". He would spend hours and hours working a race card. He would also mix programs, checking various readouts on them etc.It seemed to never end.

He would tell his brother: " How can you be so trusting of what you are using? Knowing our backround I would assume you would challenge everything in front of you Tomassi".

Tomassi:
He was kind of like the "good enough" guy. Yea he knew he wasnt working with perfect numbers ( is there really such a thing?), he used the same software over and over and over. He would spend 95% of his time in only TWO areas:
2- Wagering decisions

Tomassi would tell his brother: "you are killing yourself with all this work and at the most critical time of all ( wager decisions and betting) you are a shell of who you really can be. Tamuska trust what you have in front of you brother. It IS good enough to get the job done. Relax."

After each day of wagering was done the 2 brothers would sit on the veranda overlooking the sea. They would have some crusty bread and a bottle of nice red wine. Sometimes when they both won big a shot of "Grappa" would be enjoyed.

They would relax and talk of their racing conquests and also of the women that would be coming by later for some dessert ;)

Tamuska and Tomassi were truly blessed.

Ciao

Ricardo Pizzicara :)

Bump

very germaine to all that's being written about here lately in my opinion. Which one are we?

CN

RichieP
05-03-2006, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=RichieP]2 Sicillian brothers that loved handicapping the races. Their approaches were vastly different however.

Tamuska:

Tomassi:
2- Wagering decisions

QUOTE]

Well it has taken a long time but "Tamuska" is dead and buried for good.

When I see things that do NOT look right whether a specific race or a race TRACK I simply move on. Fugghedabout it. There is another race and certainly PLENTY of tracks to choose from. The advantages of doing this from a psychological standpoint have been so great it's crazy man. See if maybe it is something that can help you.

Richie
"you are killing yourself with all this work and at the most critical time of all ( wager decisions and betting) you are a shell of who you really can be. Tamuska trust what you have in front of you brother. It IS good enough to get the job done. Relax." - Tomassi