PDA

View Full Version : Time For Philly

cprescigno
01-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Bill,
With no rain for tomorrow (I hope) and hopefully the track is dried out by now maybe we take a shot at Philly tomorrow.
Tonight I wasn't able to work on any more races. I did want to but I had a wake to go to. A cousin died. Actually my father's cousin. My father's peers are pretty much all gone now and my mother is feeling it.
I sitll have one uncle, actually great uncle, who will be 93 in April and still goes dancing three nights a week. He also still teaches dance to the seniors. I guess that's what keeps him going. I was talking to my peer cousins tonight and said that he'll probably see a few of us planted before he goes.

Just about time for that 7th race now.

Charlie

Binder
01-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Sorry for the family loss
A nice Saturday at Philly seems like a great pick me up

Chip Napolitano
01-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Bill,
With no rain for tomorrow (I hope) and hopefully the track is dried out by now maybe we take a shot at Philly tomorrow.
Tonight I wasn't able to work on any more races. I did want to but I had a wake to go to. A cousin died. Actually my father's cousin. My father's peers are pretty much all gone now and my mother is feeling it.
I sitll have one uncle, actually great uncle, who will be 93 in April and still goes dancing three nights a week. He also still teaches dance to the seniors. I guess that's what keeps him going. I was talking to my peer cousins tonight and said that he'll probably see a few of us planted before he goes.

Just about time for that 7th race now.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,
I am sorry for your loss. My good thoughts for his immediate family and loved ones also please.

I love the story bout your uncle dancing 3 times a week :)

CN

RichieP
01-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Charlie,
very sorry to hear about the passing of your cousin.

Richie

cprescigno
01-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Chip,

That's a true story about my uncle. At this point he has outlived most of his nephews and now us great nephews are up to bat. We live in the Bronx, he drives three days a week to New Jersey to go dancing. And he does still teach dance to seniors. When he was working he was a dance teacher. At a wedding you can't keep him off the dance floor.

He is slipping a bit mentally at this point which is hard to watch. It took him a while to remember me. I can only imagine how his driving is at this point. He's probably one of those guys that makes you scream in the car. But he is still going pretty strong.