PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Seminar 2010

Ted Craven
06-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Announcing the evening seminar on Friday August 20, from 7pm - 10pm at the Hilton Garden Inn, 125 South Broadway in Saratoga Springs (phone 518 587-1500).

Here's the line-up so far:

1. Ted Craven, RDSS 2.0
2. Richie Pizzicara, The Match Up
3. 3rd presenter to be confirmed

Bob Cochran will be attending the weekend gathering but will unfortunately miss the Friday evening seminar. We'll be handing out Bob's presentation on effective use of APV and the Class Rating (CR), and modeling.

Admission to cover meeting room costs is $15.00 at the door. The room holds 35 people and coffee, tea and water is provided.

We'll go over the general agenda topics above using Friday's and Saturday's races and we'll have a screen projector and internet connection.

If you're in Saratoga for the Pace and Cap weekend gathering, drop by for a more focused evening of Sartin Methodology presentation and discussion.

If you're thinking of coming, it would be nice to know how many people might attend. Consider RSVPing by post here or by Private Message, thanks.

See you all at the Spa!

Ted

SilentRun
06-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Announcing the evening seminar on Friday August 20, from 7pm - 10pm at the Hilton Garden Inn, 125 South Broadway in Saratoga Springs (phone 518 587-1500).

Here's the line-up so far:

1. Ted Craven, RDSS 2.0
2. Richie Pizzicara, The Match Up
3. 3rd presenter to be confirmed

Bob Cochran will be attending the weekend gathering but will unfortunately miss the Friday evening seminar. We'll be handing out Bob's presentation on effective use of APV and the Class Rating (CR), and modeling.

Admission to cover meeting room costs is $15.00 at the door. The room holds 35 people and coffee, tea and water is provided.

We'll go over the general agenda topics above using Friday's and Saturday's races and we'll have a screen projector and internet connection.

If you're in Saratoga for the Pace and Cap weekend gathering, drop by for a more focused evening of Sartin Methodology presentation and discussion.

If you're thinking of coming, it would be nice to know how many people might attend. Consider RSVPing by post here or by Private Message, thanks.

See you all at the Spa!

Ted

Would it be possible to video tape the seminar and present it on Pace & Cap
for those who are unable to be there ? Could you also publish Bob Cochran's presentation on the website ?

Ernie

Ted Craven
06-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Excellent ideas Ernie. Who wants to be videographer?

Yes, I hope the full seminar audio, visual and written materials can be published afterwards.

Ted

pktruckdriver
06-02-2010, 05:24 AM
Count me in, please. Hurry up August.

Patrick

tom
06-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Drat, I can't be there Friday....Wed/Thurs for me this year.
Patrick, will you be there those days?

Eddybugsy
06-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Count me in.
Bill Tierney

pktruckdriver
06-04-2010, 06:07 AM
Drat, I can't be there Friday....Wed/Thurs for me this year.
Patrick, will you be there those days?

Absolutely, wouldn't miss it this time for anything, my skills need a seminar or two to help tweak them a little, wish I could make Del-Mar too.

Patrick

Bill V.
06-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Count me in.
Bill Tierney

Hey Bill
Hope you can match last years nice win
Real nice meeting you look forward to this year

Mr.Pagine
06-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Ted,

Please count me in at THE SPA.

I hope to see you soon.

JL:)

barb craven
06-13-2010, 07:00 AM
I guess I've never put it down, but I'll be there.

gandalf380
06-24-2010, 11:51 AM
I should be there also.

tazzerbobo
07-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Put my name down for this meet.

mikesal57
07-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Its a GO for me again....:)

Mike

Ted Craven
07-26-2010, 11:45 AM
As of right now, looks like Richie won't be able to make it :(. He's making a Match Up video which will be available by download or via memory stick at the seminar.

I'll be giving a demo of RDSS 2.0, we'll have a short primer section for those newer to the Methodology and to RDSS, general questions and answers, and some time to handicap a few races for Saturday. I'll be handing out Bob Cochran's articles on APV and Class, and approaches to modeling, which folks can discuss with him over the weekend.

Charlie B is organizing a Sunday working morning breakfast at a quiet place near Saratoga where we can go over the day's races (stay tuned).

Looking forward to it, and Saratoga has already returned a few nice winners!

Ted

ram
08-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Dear Ted, I'd like to be counted in for the Fri. evening seminar at the Hilton. Please advise if there is still enough room, it took awhile to find lodging, so I'm sorry if it's at the last minute. Thanks, Rich macirella

Mr.Pagine
08-17-2010, 10:07 PM
:( - It is with great sadness that I inform the group that I can't make it down this weekend. Please pick some winners, and have a great time.

JL

Ted Craven
08-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Dear Ted, I'd like to be counted in for the Fri. evening seminar at the Hilton. Please advise if there is still enough room, it took awhile to find lodging, so I'm sorry if it's at the last minute. Thanks, Rich macirella

Rich, sure there's room, and so glad you can make it, I've wanted to meet you!

Ted

pktruckdriver
08-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Well here is a big thank you from me, and I know the Original Cast to be featured, had very important things come up, and as mentioned before my prayers are with them all.

Friday night put me in the room with some Big Dogs and a few wonderful ladies too, one who invited us all to a "Working Breakfast Sunday", out east of town on Route 29, which is Lake Street in Saratoga, just head easy about 5-6 miless or so and you will see Mango 29 Deli on the right, this is where we will gather to work the card or cards for the day, and for me, another chance to ask and learn....wow I'm in heaven, lol

Again thank you Ted and Barb, and all who were there, I really enjoyed our night at the Hilton Garden Inn and the day at the track.

God Bless/God Speed
Patrick

barb craven
08-21-2010, 11:05 AM
So far we are having a great time, but not too much time to post. But here are a couple of pictures from yesterday. The first is Charlie Bedard and his beautiful wife Missy. The other one is of our seminar last night that Patrick was talking about. I will leave it to Ted to name all the people for you.

Mr.Pagine
08-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Ted and Barb,

Keep up the great work.

JL

Ted Craven
08-23-2010, 06:56 PM
We had a fun time as usual at the Spa, albeit with fewer people this year than previously. The Friday night seminar went well (according to others :)), we worked the Alabama race, reviewed RDSS 2.0, discussed some fundamentals of the Methodology for the benefit of a few newer users.

We met Sunday morning for breakfast and handicapping. Here are a few more photos from the weekend:

foreground: Bill T, George (pixie), Patrick K

Chris, Rich M, Barb C

Ted, Don E, Bill T

Deli Sunday Summit: (clockwise), Charlie B, Don E, Patrick K, Spence from PA, Barb C, Missy B

Deli owners (and Summit hosts): Julie and Dennis (former owner, breeder, trainer, NYTHA Horsemen's Association president, and deli owner)

Ted Craven
08-23-2010, 08:43 PM
The start of the Alabama Stakes

The Prediction

The Result

The Replay
zVEmeNHnUrQ

barb craven
08-24-2010, 09:37 AM
I just wanted to say that I had a fantastic time and learned a lot talking and listening with people with so much more experience than me. It was good to see old friends and make new ones.

BTW the seminar was excellent. A lot was explained and different ways of handicapping were discussed.

After that Friday night, I was inspired to have one of my best days on Saturday.

There is something about Saratoga that is magical.