PDA

View Full Version : Pick 6 Sundays

Fast4522
02-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Today I Played the pick six at Santa Anita with only getting 2 of 6 races. As I tracked who won in each race and how far I was off, my thoughts were what if we could post on sundays for the pick 6 by or after leg 1 but before leg 2 here to show off who can get the most of 6. My thought is we have several sharp cappers here who might not mind posting after leg 1 has run but before leg 2 has. To keep it all in the same thread and not to try to out cap or out do each other but learn how to play this multi race bet once a week for less than $20 (no more than ten $2 tickets) If only two people opt to post for it then it won't be that interesting, but if 4 or more would like to give it a shot in posting it could be more than interesting. A leader board display could be made or something that might keep a running count. Granted, Santa Anita does not always have great win mutuals but it often has huge pick 6 payoffs with a 5 of 6 payoff. Is there any interest in doing this here, I will be game if we can get a couple more cappers to put something together for next Sunday? Anyone who can get 3 of 6 is good shooting, today I had races 4 & 7 or 2 out of 6. Today the pick 6 started in Race 4 and ended in Race 9.

cprescigno
02-05-2006, 09:27 PM
If you want I'll take a shot at it. it's a bet I never make and could definitely use some work on it. Hard to find six races in a series that I would bet on but for purposes of testing and maybe to work out a better way to bet it I'll go in.

Charlie

Fast4522
02-05-2006, 09:55 PM
To be honest this was the first time I went after it and did so with short money ($10) and after the first race I was alive with 3 tickets and the winnings of race 4 which was not bad. What I did learn was I had all the lines picked before post time and was waiting to find out who was scratched in the card. My selections were from printouts I made just after I scratched the runners. To be sure, time was a little compressed because I never look at the form the night before or am I used to selecting winners before post although have done it for posting only. I often get my feel from the race at the 5 min. mark to bet or not. The question is, if different is good, or can I adapt to go after a pick 6 when I am not even a pick 3 player to begin with. My thought is to do something new and see what I can learn. I do not mind looking like a dummy if all my picks go down the tubes because like all, I get real hot and sometimes get cold, skill and luck are two sides of the coin in this game.