PDA

View Full Version : Sunday May 8, Philly 9th - EL 2.0 & BL/BL

shoeless
05-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Ted,

If you wouldnt mind could you please put this race up,I wanted to see how EL 2.0 figured it.

Thanks
Jeff

Ted Craven
05-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Here you go Jeff,

Using (my implementation, so far of) NewPace, best I can get is the winner as 3rd Late horse. Given the odds available, one could perhaps have made a betting decision to include it...

The BL/BL screen gave a better rendition of the actual finish (but that's a separate discussion).

Wish I had caught that one instead of some of the losers at Woodbine yesterday (the bets, not the company ;))

Cheers,

Ted

shoeless
05-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Ted,

Thanks.I really dont know how to read that 2nd screen you put up too well but if you would have boxed the 1st 3 horses you hit that 350.00 ex.But I dont know if you would play it that way or not.

I noticed it seperated at the bottom into secondary contenders is that something new.What makes up the difference between the two.

Jeff

SilentRun
05-09-2011, 10:00 PM

Using (my implementation, so far of) NewPace, best I can get is the winner as 3rd Late horse (i.e. 3rd highest Low SR). Given the odds available, one could perhaps have made a betting decision to include it...

The BL/BL screen gave a better rendition of the actual finish (but that's a separate discussion).

[ATTACH]22167

Cheers,

Ted

Don't like to re-post all these screens but this is an example (maybe typical) of the advantage of using BL/BL in conjunction with E/L 2.0.

Ernie

Ted Craven
05-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Ted,

Thanks.I really dont know how to read that 2nd screen you put up too well but if you would have boxed the 1st 3 horses you hit that 350.00 ex.But I dont know if you would play it that way or not.

I noticed it seperated at the bottom into secondary contenders is that something new.What makes up the difference between the two.

Jeff

Jeff, sadly, I just spent 45 minutes composing a reply and somehow lost it all :mad:. I will try again tomorrow!

Ted

shoeless
05-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Appreciate it

Ted Craven
05-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Ted,

Jeff

Jeff,

This is the Bottom Line/Betting Line screen - sort of the all purpose summary screen containing the 'big numbers' of BL and VDC. The idea is that (given proper and consistent paceline selection) the top 3 ranks (or 'tiers') be considered relatively equal - thus, one wagers depending on odds offered.

There are as many different betting approaches as there are handicappers (or more!), but one method, as you suggest, is to box or part-wheel as appropriate the top 3 in exactas. You could also skip the low odds #3 horse (3/2 odds) and Win bet the next 2 (in this case for a nice hit on #2). Getting bona fide longer priced contenders to rank highly is what the Methodology has been all about since Phase III stopped paying so well, and is often why it's worth paying attention to the other than top horse in the BL/BL sort. And not co-incidentally, paying attentions to and betting longer priced contenders is one of the attractive features of NewPace as well.

Of course, in the examples shown, you have to be brave enough (or consistent enough) to pick line 3 for the #2 horse, admittedly its best recent line, but one from which it has since declined in Total Energy and SR. I just let the software pick lines for me and got what I got.

You asked about the new 'grouping' feature: you can categorize horses as Secondary on Non-Contenders (or any meaningful-to-you grouping). Horses you will not bet to Win but may bet in-the-money and do not want to forget about, or want to track the toteboard movement for, can be grouped as Secondary. Horses who just are Non contenders can be deemed so (again, just to keep track of everyone).

In the 1st screen below, you'll see I grouped in Secondary, 2 horses low on the BL ranking but non-the-less having rank #2 and #3 EPR (and co-incidentally the #1 highest early E/L difference). As it turned out, this #6 horse showed, also at a good price - so a good use for Secondary grouping.

A different use, for some, might be to place a non-Win-bettable favourite (the #3) in Secondary so you see clearly who is left in the Win category. Doing this retains all the original rankings and colourings so you see clearly that just because you intend not to Win bet it, it is none-the-less top ranked (and in this case also top odds-ranked). Formerly, we would 'Hide' such horses to get a reranking of contenders. You can still do that, but this new method permits you to 'Hide' them in plain sight.

Hope that explains a few things.

cheers,

Ted

Ted Craven
05-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Jeff,

I think I'll move this thread to the RDSS 2.0 Forum, as the discussion about BL/BL in conjunction with NewPace might be interesting to others.

Ted

shoeless
05-13-2011, 06:20 AM
Ted,

Thanks for taking the time to explain that screen.

Jeff