PDA

View Full Version : RDSS 2.0 update requested

pktruckdriver
06-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Dear Ted

I am happy to be back and will keep this brief, could we have an update on the progress of RDSS 2.0 and the possibility of a NewPace / EL 2.0 release anytime soon, or maybe in time for Saratoga?

I have seen screen shots and read all the posts on it and I would have to say awesome job Sir, again keep up the great work.

Thank you

dlivery
06-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Hi

The older version is still working very well on TE and I believe the newer version will be out when Ted has determined the tabulated results of the beta testing being done on a on going basis.

Hope this works out for you keep plugging away Patrick and you can do it

Lawrence

Ted Craven
06-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi Patrick,

I am planning the first of about 3 Beta releases of RDSS 2.0 starting in early July and continuing over the Summer. My planned public release of 2.0 is September.

A number of people have expressed an interest in participating in the Beta rounds and anyone who wants to can join in if they are willing to work a certain amount of old and new races and commit to giving me a certain amount of feedback. Within a few weeks, I'll define the feedback and testing help I need, and also I will describe the final feature set for RDSS 2.0 (i.e. what we'll be concentrating on in the Summer Beta testing program). Some things will be left out and delayed until Version 2.1, say by the end of the year.

Included for sure in the July Beta 1 testing round is another update to the NewPace / EL 2.0 module, including using the alternate ratings of Adjusted SR, Total Energy and Perceptor Total, as well as defining or limiting timeframe and track condition when determining Speed Rating ranges.

Hope that answers the question Patrick. Again, I'll post more info on this within a few weeks.

cheers,

Ted

pktruckdriver
06-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Yes
Thank You both Ted and Lawrence, I can't wait, hope I might be able to help, but either way, I eagerly await, patiently.

Patrick

MIKE
06-23-2011, 07:47 AM
--what's your location now ??
--are you still working up at Saratoga ??

Mike (from Finger Lakes)

pktruckdriver
06-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Yes Mike I am still in Saratoga Springs, driving for a cab company and a trucking company, and helping BEST on Sunday's . So I am still pretty busy, but yes I stayed over from last season and enjoyed the area.