PDA

View Full Version : Modes

shoeless
08-02-2011, 07:40 PM
What are the different modes that RDSS can be used in and what is the difference between them.

Sorry if this question has already been answered.

JimG
08-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Hi Jeff,

There is spec and val mode and I asked the question a few years ago. I dug up the thread and hopefully you will find it useful. Here is the thread:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5491&highlight=difference+spec

Jim

PS...Been to CT lately? I've been meaning to get up there.

shoeless
08-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the link.

I was up at CT July 4th weekend during the afternoon,I went to the simulcasting area and it was so damn smoky I lasted about 90 minutes.I prefer to go when they are racing and get a table in the dining room.

We did eat in that new sports bar and the food was good especially the burger.

Jeff

I thought RDSS had a Match Up mode as well

JimG
08-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Jeff,

There is a match-up tab in RDSS2 but it is not yet available. I am not sure how it will work.

I am not a fan of smokey areas any longer myself. I was thinking me and the wife may go up there for a couple of days in the fall if we can. Think if we go I'll probably eat in the dining room if the races are in session. Otherwise, I'll just watch the wife win at the slots. :)

Jim

Ted Craven
08-03-2011, 08:41 PM
I thought RDSS had a Match Up mode as well

At one point a few years ago, Richie experimented with something we called a 'Matchup mode', but it was abandoned partly due to lack of research, but I recall mostly because it didn't produce anything.

There is something new in the works re numerical computations on Matchup principles, but it likely won't see the light of day until V 2.1.

Cheers,

Ted

Ted Craven
08-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks Jim for providing that link!

Ted