PDA

View Full Version : Would you use this pacline?

shoeless
03-05-2006, 05:03 PM
This is from the 8th at Philly the paceline in question is the 2nd one back from the originial pacelines.This was the only time the horse was at the 2nd call at a 44.8.I didnt use that line I ended up using the 1st one because I thought it wasnt atypical for the horse.He ended up winning at 9-2 but by not putting in that 2nd paceline he didnt come up in the top 3 in my readouts. I guess the bad SR on the last one had to do with the changes TM made.I know Bill and Richie would have used the 2nd line back due to SR.Any opinions on this?Shoeless

sdahl
03-05-2006, 05:12 PM
I would have used the second line shoeless. The horse has shown numbers in the 90's in previous races so i don't think it was a fluke. Just my opinion.

Fast4522
03-05-2006, 05:14 PM
When I use Val I always print out the past performance lines, which are a free PDF when you bet with Bris bet. I always scribe the line I am going to use on every runner and I let the Bris speed figure be by guide, I will reduce to 5 runners from a modified style at the 5 - 8 minute mark.

tompkins
03-05-2006, 05:39 PM
and I'll bet that this one is LOSING ground to the same pace. might be a sign that it topped out. Very few works...check to see if the trainer is trying to DUMP this one. Can't tell by the screen provided and without a total energy one is unable to see which way this one might be going. Also, if there is not too much pace pressure against this one, he might overcome early pace deficiencies.

RichieP
03-05-2006, 05:55 PM
I would have to see the pp's from all the horse's in the race to be honest.

My first impression just looking at THAT horse is how can a 20k allowance horse run 99 SR??? First GUT FEELING I get? Stay as far away from the race as I can possibly get buddy. That's not for me.

I would need to see a lot more Jeff.

Rich

shoeless
03-05-2006, 07:46 PM
I know what you guys are saying about needing to see more but what I want to know is just about the paceline for this horse not the race itself.Would you use a paceline for a horse that has only run that time once to the second call?I guess I should have explained it better but the reason I want to know is because when using Synergism I need to put in the different calls for the paceline I choose.So for myself I dont like putting in a paceline like that because it's not typical for the horse.Jeff

shoeless
03-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Sdahl thanks for your opinion and Fast Im still trying to figure out how you answered my question.

admin
03-05-2006, 08:11 PM
I passed Philly Today
needed to do some homework after the video production last night
LOL
I just did the race I would have used the 2nd line and lost the race. My bets would have been the
11 and the 4 That must have been a close finish for NY token back 36
days ago running so fast early and finishing 4th as the favorite

shoeless
03-05-2006, 08:56 PM
NY won pretty easily today with a rail trip ride by Vega who besides Tony Black is a cut above the rest out there.Jeff

alydar_ David
03-05-2006, 11:40 PM
...Any opinions on this? Shoeless

To me this looks very simple.

I'd press F6 and let Val pick the paceline among those last three.

It wouldn't bother me at all using that 99 paceline. The horse has run that before, so I wouldn't worry about that line being atypical.

Fast4522
03-06-2006, 05:49 AM
In short, I use the Racing Form for picking lines, the speed figures are much better, if I do not like something about a runner I write it down on the form and when I go to reduce to 5 runners I take what I have written down about the runners into condsideration. Have you ever handicapped a race with someone who marks up his Racing Form extensively? Thats me, but you can not do that if you playing more than one or two tracks at a time.

delmarscott2004
03-06-2006, 09:49 PM
re:PHA 05 . 8th race

Shoeless Joe , First off I did not download PHL 05.06 until after you posted. On the 5th I tried my hand again at mountaineer to no big avail.

After a few moments I noticed my screen shot was not the same as yours , I had downloaded into SPECPA.EXE , I reloaded Validator .I remember Doc always wanted us to question using the best line ever . Respective of Trackmasters new S/R numbers , there was another ( line 7 , 147 days ago ) with the same number as line # 2 ,so YES I would have used it.

Have a good time at your get together in April.

Scott

shoeless
03-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Scott,Thanks for the reply I appreciate it and if you would like to come you are more than welcome.Shoeless