PDA

View Full Version : ** RDSS2 Beta2.5-11 (Dec 21) **

Ted Craven
02-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Hello Folks!

RDSS 2.0 Beta 2 is now available to download and use. If you are signed up for the RDSS2 Beta Testing group, you can go here to get the Installer and the Release Notes:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8926 ( <-- Note: this thread is where to report BUGS or ask Questions too!)

If you are a subscriber to RDSS V0.99.2 (the current 'official' version), and would like to get in on RDSS2 Beta2, you are most welcomed - just send me an email or Private Message!

I will be making some intro videos in the next few days. Exciting stuff:

- automated Paceline Selection
- automated Running Styles
- more 'move' markups on Past Performances
- exports to Excel models and older Sartin programs
- Projected Pace
- more ...

Enjoy :)

Ted

JimG
02-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Wow! Nice job Ted. I love the automated pace line options. I believe in consistency in selecting lines and analyzing the output (BL/BL) for betting options. I can get to the heart of the race quickly now. The software has matured to professional level. You should be proud. I am sure Doc Sartin would be.

Jim

PS...Installed with no issues. Seems to process races faster. Even though I do not use NetPace, I am sure it will be a benefit to those who do with your additional readouts. I'll let you know if I run into any issues when I give it a thorough going over tomorrow.

davesnew
02-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Ditto to the above comments. Everything installed without a hitch. All of my Sartin programs are 4 call so I will compare/test when the next update comes out. Enjoy your much needed vacation.
Dave S

Ted Craven
04-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Hello everyone,

I have released RDSS2 Beta 2.5 for testing, an interim Beta release along the way to Beta3, my final planned stage in releasing RDSS 2.0.

As always, everyone who is signed up to test RDSS2 Beta can update their software here:

http://www.rdss2.com/r2b2.5 (new URL :))

Please also report any bugs, mishaps or suggestions in the above location (after you read the Release Notes ;)).

And as always, anyone who is a subscriber to RDSS V0.99.2 can simply ask to get RDSS2 Beta and take a look.

When is Beta3? Who will win the Kentucky Derby, and when? I hope the answer to both questions is - sometime in May!

Enjoy!

Ted

shoeless
04-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Ted,

Sounds good would be interested in seeing your videos,hope you will keep it
simple.

Jeff

Ted Craven
04-15-2012, 06:01 PM
Ted,

Sounds good would be interested in seeing your videos,hope you will keep it
simple.

Jeff

I know I've said this before, but I hope to begin working on videos this coming week. Probably start with a tour, navigation and move on to working some races.

Ted

shoeless
04-16-2012, 06:34 AM
Know you have been busy

pktruckdriver
04-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Where should this be set, and why?

Ted Craven
04-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Where should this be set, and why?

Do you mean 'Range of Daily Track Variant'? If so, it comes set at -50 ... +50, in otherwords, use ALL of the DTV in the adjustments. This also means that if a race has a -45 DTV (VERRY FAST times, compared to an average for that track, surface, distance), the final and segment times are slowed down by the time value of ALL of that supposed FAST surface, that day. This may be misrepresenting the horse too much (making it look too slow). Similarly if a DTV was SLOW (positive values) - the race times are adjusted faster by the time value of the DTV points.

I prefer to not speed up or slow down the running times past a certain point. I prefer to stick closer to 'reality' when possible, and so I set my range at -15 ... +15 as you show above. If I have a choice of representing a horse with one of 2 lines, relatively equal in SR or TE, I will choose the line where the DTV is rather closer to 0 (average), and try to avoid lines with high DTVs.

This is a general approach (as most are), but it is a guideline I use, and for the reasons given above.

Ted

cct2447
04-23-2012, 06:21 PM
I uninstalled RDSS 2.0.

Do I have to have it installed first before I install
Beta 2.5? If so, I need your permission to install
RDSS 2.0 and then Beta 2.5. because the present
installlation of Beta 2.5 just shows the files when
I open it. Thanks.

Ted Craven
04-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Gene,

I'm afraid I really don't understand your question. I sent you an email, give me a call.

yours,

Ted

torrejon
05-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Congratulations Ted !!! It looks AWESOME !!!

I truly admire the passion that you put into this, and it absolutely reflects on every improvement !!! Your software and your commitment, compares to NONE !!!!

I'm looking forward to see the video tutorials !!!

Your friend !!!

Rafael.-

LarryAllen
05-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Hello Folks!

RDSS 2.0 Beta 2 is now available to download and use. If you are signed up for the RDSS2 Beta Testing group, you can go here to get the Installer and the Release Notes:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8177 ( <-- Note: this thread is where to report BUGS or ask Questions too!)

If you are a subscriber to RDSS V0.99.2 (the current 'official' version), and would like to get in on RDSS2 Beta2, you are most welcomed - just send me an email or Private Message!

I will be making some intro videos in the next few days. Exciting stuff:

- automated Paceline Selection
- automated Running Styles
- more 'move' markups on Past Performances
- exports to Excel models and older Sartin programs
- Projected Pace
- more ...

Enjoy :)

Ted

Hi
I am an RDSS subscriber and would like to try out your newest version.

Larry Lyle

LarryAllen

lawrencelyle@att.net

Ted Craven
12-21-2012, 10:09 PM
This update is partly some new features (Composite Speed Rating, Excel export update) and partly a collection of bug fixes (Toteboard :)) and changes (Evaluation program and Registration system).

Download Here:

http://www.rdss2.com/r2b2.5 (Note: you need to either be a RDSS Subscriber or ask to try the free 30 day RDSS Evaluation - just write).

Videos

Here is a video showing some of the features of this version, including Registering and the Data Centre: http://www.sartinmethodology.com/video/RDSS2-Getting-Started.mp4
(more to follow ...)

Release Notes for Earlier RDSS2 Versions - please read (these constitute the written documentation for RDSS2, so far)

Beta 2.5: http://www.SartinMethodology.com/pub...ease_Notes.pdf (http://www.SartinMethodology.com/pubs/RDSS2_Beta2.5_Release_Notes.pdf)
Beta 2.0: http://www.SartinMethodology.com/pub...ease_Notes.pdf (http://www.SartinMethodology.com/pubs/RDSS2_Beta2_Release_Notes.pdf)

New Features in the Current Version

1. Composite Speed Rating (CSR) added to BL/BL screen. The CSR was formerly only displayed on the NewPace screen, though technically not a part of NewPace. It is a weighting of the Adjusted Speed Ratings from the last 4 usable lines, regardless of distance, surface, race conditions or finish. It is not dependent on a single line, but rather a weighting of the last 4 usable lines.

The weighting is as follows: 100% of the last line SR + 62% of the average of the last 2 lines SR + 38% of the average of the last 3 lines SR + 24% of the average of the last 4 lines SR. Thus the last line SR has a major weighting in the CSR, with the weighting declining for older lines. Thus, if the horse ran well in the last line and faded in the stretch for whatever reason (wrong surface for the horse, wrong distance, inappropriate pace, trouble), since CSR uses ONLY final time Adjusted SR, that last line poor finish will hurt the horse's CSR. For any number of reasons, such a last line may be forgiven and the horse may indeed be a contender today, though the CSR may rank poorly. Then again, if the horse has run fairly in its recent history, the CSR will rank it fairly among others, for better or for worse.

From statistical work done by Dick Mathie (rmath) the Winner of a selected subset of races has a Top 4 CSR figure approximately 85% of the time (closer to 80% allowing for the occasional tied ranks), with the Winner ranking Top 2 approximately 60% of the time. Further, when combined with the VDC rank (which includes ties) the combined VDC - CSR rank pairs of 1-1, 1-2 and 2-1 account for approximately 60% of winners (again, from a specific subset of race types and field sizes).

The result is interesting enough to warrant inclusion in a ranking set for further analysis, in my view. The CSR rank is also included in the updated Excel Export Model template (see Point #2 on Excel Export)

Since Dick Mathie has done such a large amount of work on proving some of the initial statistical validity of this number, I will encourage him to discuss it further and explain what limits he used (e.g. race types, field sizes) in his studies. Also, to correct any mistakes I may have cited in the statistics above. The NewPace screen still shows the actual CSR number (to 2 decimal places) and now ranks it as well. The CSR rank alone (including colour coding) is now shown on the Entries Summary screen, on the BL/BL Analyis screen and in the Excel Export.

http://paceandcap.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32975&d=1356144762

http://paceandcap.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32976&d=1356144762

2. Excel Export File. A new Export Template file (\rdss2\Models\Templates\MasterTemplate2.xlsx) is provided for a new export file format. The new export format is compatible with the original one - the extra columns exported are simply added to the end of the existing defined columns. The new Template file adds the captions for the new columns exported (including CSR) and also adds some new statistical calculations in the Summary section (now found after Row 302). New stats include % Rank1, %Rank2, %Rank3, %Rank4, %Rank 1or2, %Rank 5+. Use this new Template file to export from Analysis screens for Model making purposes, or for any other factor research you may want to conduct.

The Excel Export file is now sorted the same way the Analysis screen is sorted where you exported it from. A reminder: to export Analysis data to an Excel file, click the Export icon at the right side of every Analysis screen. Since Analysis data can be separated into Primary, Secondary and Non- Contender groups, these same groups are now maintained in the export file. The Excel files exported are still located on the folder named \rdss2\Models\.

Changes

1. Registration / 30 Day Evaluation / 2010 Demo Database. I made a number of internal changes to the Registration system. This new RDSS2 version should install and load up normally over existing installs - your Expiry Date, Active Status and Modules (NewPace, if licensed) should all appear as they were before. When your RDSS Subscription is within 30 days of renewal, you'll find a friendly new message on the Desktop screen reminding you of how many days you have left and a button to reach the Subscription renewal webpage. I will still send you a reminder email about renewing your Subscription. As usual, Unlimited data users do not pay an annual Subscription fee if they maintain Unlimited data for half of the previous or upcoming years.

http://paceandcap.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32974&d=1356144518

If you are evaluating RDSS, the RDSS Desktop message will remind you of how many days remain in the 30 day evaluation period. There is also a link to download a Demo Database for use during the evaluation period. (New 2011 and 2012 Demo Databases with ~5000 races in each should be available sometime in January 2013 - that's ~15,000 races over the past 3 years for your consideration).

UNLIKE PREVIOUSLY, when you could anonymously evaluate RDSS using a Demo Database (forever) - now when evaluating RDSS, you must Register the software in order to use the Demo Database (or any database of races). Evaluators using only the Demo Database need not open a TrackMaster account, although TrackMaster continues to offer a 'money back satisfaction guarantee' for the first 30 days - no questions asked (think about it - if you are serious about your RDSS Evaluation, why not order up Unlimited Data and ask for all the help you can get!? If RDSS did not impress you, or the Customer Support or website members not offer to help you, or you were not intrigued with the possibilities given sufficient time to become proficient - just ask TrackMaster for your money back! Once ...)

Now, you can Register RDSS during the 30 day Evaluation period using your email address and your Name and you will then be able to access any of the Demo Databases (2011 and 2012 when they are available, shortly). When you are ready to open a TrackMaster account, just enter the account User ID and Password and you can download current race cards. RDSS will now not let you view any race cards unless you first Register it (either with a valid email address or with a valid TrackMaster account ID).

Bug Fixes

1. The Toteboard data stream has been reinstated. BRIS Supertote (where RDSS gets its feed) changed a small element of its tote data structure which knocked the stream offline for RDSS. No other changes have been made to the tote system (though big plans are afoot for 2013!).

2. When loading Scratches and Changes for Canadian tracks, the correct webpage is now accessed (though we'll have to wait until next Spring to see them :-)

Please give any feedback, questions or problems in this Thread. Thank you all for your support over the year, and very best wishes for a Happy Christmas - good health and fortune for the coming New Year!

Ted

rmath
12-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Guidelines: Only races used were the ones with:
1) 8 or more entries
2) all horses Must have at least 3 races that are rateable.

A ) enter a line ( best of last 3 COMPARABLE) for every horse.
use the ADJ.srs to pick the pacelines, when in doubt enter 2 or more lines and eliminate down to one line using Primary Line Score

B) Eliminate down to 5 final contenders using Primary Line Scores.

RESULTS from 681 test races
593 winners were in the top 5 VDC and also the top 5 CSR 87% of all winners
35 winners were not in top 5 of Either VDC OR CSR 5%
53 winners were only in the top 5 VDC or CSR 7.8%

Using the guidelines above in most playable races I ended up with 4 or less contenders.
If anyone has any questions or would like a further breakdown on any of the final contenders, please ask and I will be glad to go into more detail.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all.
Rmath

lone speed
12-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Guidelines: Only races used were the ones with:
1) 8 or more entries
2) all horses Must have at least 3 races that are rateable.

A ) enter a line ( best of last 3 COMPARABLE) for every horse.
use the ADJ.srs to pick the pacelines, when in doubt enter 2 or more lines and eliminate down to one line using Primary Line Score

B) Eliminate down to 5 final contenders using Primary Line Scores.

RESULTS from 681 test races
593 winners were in the top 5 VDC and also the top 5 CSR 87% of all winners
35 winners were not in top 5 of Either VDC OR CSR 5%
53 winners were only in the top 5 VDC or CSR 7.8%

Using the guidelines above in most playable races I ended up with 4 or less contenders.
If anyone has any questions or would like a further breakdown on any of the final contenders, please ask and I will be glad to go into more detail.

Merry Christmas & Hap
py New Year to all.
Rmath

Rmath...
Happy Holidays...

I appreciate your research immensely...and you peaked my interest in your stats...

My questions....of the races that you did not get the winner in the top 87% or thereabouts...

A)how many were #1 EP

B) how many were #1 or #2 LP

C)how many were #1 TT......

Thanks in advance...

Great research...

rmath
12-25-2012, 01:04 AM
From the 53 winners that were among the final contenders but were not considered win contenders by my guidelines
16 were 1 or 2 LPR
11 were 1 Epr
3 were 1 TT
this gives a total of 30 winners from 681 plays or 4.4%
I hope this answers your question.

My research shows that by limiting my play to only the horses that are dual qualifiers and eliminating all the others the 87% winners remaining can be played and separated by the odds at 2 min to post time.

Most of the winners come from the top 2 final qualifiers that are the lowest vdc ratings.
This is not always 1 & 2 vdc but could be any combination that are dual qualifers.
Most races I end up with 2 or 3 final contenders and they are separated by odds at post time.

rmath

rmath
12-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Lone Speed, when you asked about #1 EP, and #1 or 2 LP were you asking about EPR & LPR or were you asking about the New Pace rankings?

was talking to a friend and he read your post and thought I may have miss read your question.
Please let me know.
rmath

lone speed
12-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Lone Speed, when you asked about #1 EP, and #1 or 2 LP were you asking about EPR & LPR or were you asking about the New Pace rankings?

was talking to a friend and he read your post and thought I may have miss read your question.
Please let me know.
rmath

Rmath....

Sorry, I didn't get back to you sooner...holiday stuffs ;)

Never looked at new pace......sorry Dave S....no opinions

Thanks for responding so quickly to my questions....I hope that you are using filters from a database program for these studies as it seems to be a huge time consumption..

Rmath, you got my request correctly, I was referring to #1 Epr and #1LPR...etc..your percentages of win contenders in the top 5 CSR after dual qualifiers ( where have I heard this term before??? ahhh...Dosage system....I must have thrown the ideas in the trash...breed the best and hope for the best.....:rolleyes:) are impressive and that's just from looking at a large sample of races without some filters....turf, dirt, sprints, horses moving up---3rd race after layoffs....races where Brohamer talked about average pace-I interpreted this as the first two at the early calls are the final first two finishers......

You seemed to be using V/DC as your main corollary....Are there ways to use filters to separate some group of races or.....are you using Rdss filters of last 3, top energy, best DCL???

I am referring to this:

Turf races---use Total Speed or top two L/er rankings or

use DCL

Sprint races-----use what you used ==top VDC rankings

Route races-----use Total Energy rankings or Total Pace Potential...I am not
sure if the two rankings are the same...

Thanks for your time...

Question for Ted Craven:

Bill V. asked a couple of years ago if Longshot Potential--the horse that overcame the fastest pace of race....be included in RDSS..I see it in the Speculator program ....but was it ever put into RDSS or do we have to use our eyes and make note of the fastest pace...;)

rmath
12-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
The only filters that I used were races with at least 8 entries and I preferred 5.5f to 8.5f on the dirt or poly.
I only started running turf races in the last few weeks.
I did only about 15 turf races in the 681, and the results are about the same as the dirt races.
I keep my records in a notebook for each track and distance for the WPS horses.
I only track the VDC ranks and the CSR ranks. so when you asked for the different rankings on the loosers I had to go back and check for them.

My main goal was to get at least 85% winners in my final 3 or 4 horses using a combination of VDC & CSR.
I believe my stats show that this is possible.

Will gladly help anyone who is interested in this approach.
rmath

lone speed
12-28-2012, 12:33 AM
From the 53 winners that were among the final contenders but were not considered win contenders by my guidelines
16 were 1 or 2 LPR
11 were 1 Epr
3 were 1 TT
this gives a total of 30 winners from 681 plays or 4.4%
I hope this answers your question.

My research shows that by limiting my play to only the horses that are dual qualifiers and eliminating all the others the 87% winners remaining can be played and separated by the odds at 2 min to post time.

Most of the winners come from the top 2 final qualifiers that are the lowest vdc ratings.
This is not always 1 & 2 vdc but could be any combination that are dual qualifers.
Most races I end up with 2 or 3 final contenders and they are separated by odds at post time.

rmath

Rmath...

I guess that I should explain why I asked you about the #1 EPR and #1 and #2 LPR ranked horses that did not make your cut from the 53 that you had isolated...

My hunch from glancing at your stats was that you were missing some winners that were the pacesetters from the pacelines where they were rank #! EPR......the others that were ranked #1 or #2 LPR....I wondered if old Sartin Program like Thoromation might have produced a different outcome.

But.....eventhough you researched a great deal of races.....we might not have a statistical impact value as some experts might say....but that's another story...

You are using the tools in an impactful way to isolate contenders with strong corollaries... I wish you continued success....

rmath
12-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Thanks.
This is a work in progress.
I used Thoromation many years ago and had great success with it.
rmath

lone speed
12-28-2012, 12:54 AM
http://www.netcapper.com/TrackTractsArchive/TT010223.htm

the link above by Gordon Pine will better explain what I meant by statistical impact value......actually Pine refers to A/E is a better tool...

Bill V.
12-28-2012, 09:27 PM
I wonder if the range of speed ratings from the 0.0 horse has been tracked

As far as a test of any readout we must always remember that
a limit of 600 races is nice but rather small
Also any records of top rankings is based on your
line selection choice and that might not be everybody's choice

Here is a race Jimbob hit from DED yesterday the winner was
a 12/1 ML horse with a very usable plus pace line
2 back It was its third race off a layoff with a acceptable
excuse in line 1 -it was a sprint line in a route race The horse ranks first on BLBL and thoromation

It paid $54.00

Here is the entries screen The winner # 10 is in the top 3 CSR
The top 5 horses on CSR are 8, 9, 10, 2, and 4
the range from the 0.0 horse to the 5th ranked horse is

Here is the thing Of the top 5 CSR horses
They all have usable recent plus races at a comparable distance, surface and competition level, all except Horse #2

Now if we just use horses 4, 8, 9, 10, because they also are the only horses
in the race of all the horses in the race with usable recent plus races at a comparable distance, surface and competition level,
Is the winner a product of a SCR or proper pace line and contender selection
In my own small sample of about a week I feel that based on Ted's procedure
of more weight going to the last line, Its my feeling that the top 4 or 5 CSR horses will often have a usable plus recent paceline. The art of proper
pace line and contender selection should always be first and formost the
cornerstone of the Sartin Methodology

shoeless
12-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Interesting thread even for a non RDSS user

shoeless
12-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Sorry to butt in here

What is the difference between VDC and CSR?

I do know CSR is probably like a TPR final rating.

rmath
12-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Shoeless, you are not butting in.
I will try to answer your question.
Vdc & CSR are two separate sets of ratings.
VDC is a rating based on the paceline that each person selects for their contenders in a race. the actual rating is based on Doc Sartins formula.

CSR numbers are similar to the TPR number but are taken from the last 4 races the horse has run.

Ted explained the CSR numbers earlier in this post.

My work with the 2 sets of numbers was done to see if there was a way to separate my final contenders down to 2 or 3 main contenders and get the highest percentage of winners in them.

Since you do not use RDSS I would highly recommend that you try it out.
You should at least take a trial month which Ted offers to anyone interested.
If you do I am more than willing to offer my help.
Rmath

rmath
12-29-2012, 09:31 AM
On page 2, post 14 of this thread Ted explains the CSR numbers and how they are calculated.

shoeless
12-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Rmath,

Thanks for the explanation and the offer to help as well,I commend you
for the work that your doing.

As far as RDSS I am not in the position right now to subscribe,I am a
commissioned sales rep and economy has really hit me hard.

Enjoy reading your posts

Ted Craven
01-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Question for Ted Craven:

Bill V. asked a couple of years ago if Longshot Potential--the horse that overcame the fastest pace of race....be included in RDSS..I see it in the Speculator program ....but was it ever put into RDSS or do we have to use our eyes and make note of the fastest pace...;)

I have had a few requests from folks to include back some of the older readouts: Entropy, Longshot Potential, the EXDC/Thoromation readouts (Emuv, Smuv, uXr, Paragons). A LOT of them are, IMO, redundant to what we now have. None-the-less, I will undertake to display those somewhere in RDSS2.

Meanwhile, there is a quick and dirty way to see who best overcame the Pace of the Race, either in the last race or in a consistently chosen set of recent lines for all horses: compare the Total Energy for the Horse to the Total Energy for the Race, for races where the horse ran a good race (i.e. not one where it was sucked around the back half of the field against a fast pace). When the horse TE is higher than the race TE - it can only be so because the horse's velocities in a given fraction were higher than the pace setters creating those fractions (i.e. tiring less slowly than the front-runner(s) ), thus the sum of the horse's fractional velocities (i.e. Total Energy) will exceed the fractional velocities of the pace setters(s) - i.e. the horse was gaining on the pace (aka the horse was decelerating less than the pace was decelerating).

The Longshot Potential does show that - as one whole number, or ranking - but I have noticed that is fairly erratic as a standalone number, and as likely to disappoint as to thrill. It was the attempt to distill the entire Entropy/Deceleration work into a single readout. I think V/DC was (is) a much more mature expression of that question: 'who is decelerating the least compared to how fast they were traveling', which is why it evolved and the Longshot Potential languished.

But I will reinstate it somewhere. Meanwhile, an eyeball of who ran well against the fastest pace (last race, or recent good races) is pretty easy to do, and is indeed invaluable information to have in a race matchup ;)

(Longshot Potential wasn't in Speculator, but was in Validator).

Ted

lone speed
01-04-2013, 11:02 PM
I have had a few requests from folks to include back some of the older readouts: Entropy, Longshot Potential, the EXDC/Thoromation readouts (Emuv, Smuv, uXr, Paragons). A LOT of them are, IMO, redundant to what we now have. None-the-less, I will undertake to display those somewhere in RDSS2.

Meanwhile, there is a quick and dirty way to see who best overcame the Pace of the Race, either in the last race or in a consistently chosen set of recent lines for all horses: compare the Total Energy for the Horse to the Total Energy for the Race, for races where the horse ran a good race (i.e. not one where it was sucked around the back half of the field against a fast pace). When the horse TE is higher than the race TE - it can only be so because the horse's velocities in a given fraction were higher than the pace setters creating those fractions (i.e. tiring less slowly than the front-runner(s) ), thus the sum of the horse's fractional velocities (i.e. Total Energy) will exceed the fractional velocities of the pace setters(s) - i.e. the horse was gaining on the pace (aka the horse was decelerating less than the pace was decelerating).

The Longshot Potential does show that - as one whole number, or ranking - but I have noticed that is fairly erratic as a standalone number, and as likely to disappoint as to thrill. It was the attempt to distill the entire Entropy/Deceleration work into a single readout. I think V/DC was (is) a much more mature expression of that question: 'who is decelerating the least compared to how fast they were traveling', which is why it evolved and the Longshot Potential languished.

But I will reinstate it somewhere. Meanwhile, an eyeball of who ran well against the fastest pace (last race, or recent good races) is pretty easy to do, and is indeed invaluable information to have in a race matchup ;)

(Longshot Potential wasn't in Speculator, but was in Validator).

Ted

Ted...

Thanks for your response to my question regarding longshot potential....I have no problem with this ranking vanguishing if V/dc is a more mature expression.....But my question will then be:...will it rank the pace in question the same way but just with a slight different calculation....I do not need to know the method of calculations....I just would like to be aware of the #1 ranked Longshot Potential horse not by his pacelines but within the matchup of contenders that I am evaluating......

The programs after Thoromation up to Validator seem to move away from putting the horse that faced the fastest pace of race and gave more weight to the horse that was more proficient in L/ep rankings ( what was sustained fraction before). Ted, I do not have enough race samples to validate this statement.....this comment is only from races that I worked with my associate ( you know who.in fact, he gave up on all programs after energy)

I was interested in the longshot potential horse because in some programs after Thoromation....the second horse does not ranked well in the programs after Thoromation......they do get the winner, but the second horse ranked low in many readouts....( I know....as long as the winners are there) Some races, the only readouts that they do ranked well within the matchup of true contenders was in #1 or #2 longshot potential rankings.....yes...this ranking tend to disappoint more often than not....

Sample race: Santa Anita 12/30/2012 race #8 9furlongs on turf...Thoromation gets the right two finishers in the top two on the SP screen....but Tiz Flirtatious is nowhere to be found except on Longshot Potential because he faced the fastest pace of race....Qaraaba is ranked #1 and Tiz is ranked #2

my pacelines:
Halo---Line 3
Qaraaba---line 1---best TT...;)
Vivo Per Let---line 3
Tiz Flirtatious--line 1---owns first call....;)

If V/dc does the job...I am more than content to move on.....

Thanks in advance.....

cct2447
02-07-2013, 10:34 PM
after downloading santa anita I opened several
races and the following message came up:

Error Number 2
Error Text=Null object reference at line 110 in function.
Window/Menu/Object=n_race.
Script=n_race.
Script=of_init_visual.
Line in Script=110

Ted Craven
02-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Thank you. After you clear the Cache for that particular race and restart RDSS2, does the race then appear normal?

And - which race?

Ted

Ted Craven
02-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Follow up:

cct2447:I cleared the cache. No change.
The message comes up for all races on the SA card but not for
AQU or GP for yesterday. Thank you.Ted:

If just that one card seems faulty for you, and all races on that card - despite clearing the Cache, and no other cards, and no cards at all for any other users (so far) - then I suspect that particular SA card was corrupted during download somehow.

To test this, simply Download and Convert it again. When you do this in the Data Centre, remember to remove the check-mark from 'Don't Duplicate' - forcing RDSS to re-download and re-convert that card.

Gator
03-04-2013, 01:56 PM
I know Ted posted a great intro video showing some of the features of this version back in late December. There was a note saying more videos to follow, but I have not come across any new ones. Am I missing them somewhere?

Thank you for your help.

madison456
03-25-2013, 12:48 AM
my name is janie , how can download the rdss program for the 30 day free trial , i became a member today, thank you madison456

Ted Craven
03-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Hello Janie,

Welcome to PaceandCap! To access RDSS, all you have to do is ask. Please read the RDSS Getting Started (http://www.sartinmethodology.com/how_to_obtain_rdss) page, then send me an email with your full name and I will set you up. Notice the announcement on that page about new evaluations starting April 2; I should have the new version ready by them.

(FYI, when someone joins PaceandCap, I don't presume that they also want to try out RDSS: some do, some don't. That's why you have to simply ask separately for access, and identify yourself privately).

Wishing you all the best!

Ted

Ted Craven
04-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Just a note to everyone: I wanted to have the next release of RDSS2 available today but I'm afraid it will not be so. I am polishing up a few final things and getting some of the documentation complete. I expect it to be available the beginning of next week (week beginning April 8).

A heads-up: I know several of you were waiting for tote mutuel results to be appearing in RDSS, and thus in Excel exports, but alas that will not happen for this next release. It was just too ornery and I did not want to further delay all the other stuff I do have ready. I will be working on that for the following release, I promise!

Ted