PDA

View Full Version : Original PP Layout - Tune Up?

Ted Craven
03-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Some ideas. Too much information? Comments?

Ted

Bill V.
03-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Hi Ted

I like the 30 day marker idea

Bill

clore1030
03-10-2012, 01:17 AM
The days off indicator is fine, but for the adjusted speed rating, just having them in bold is enough for me.

stormbringer
03-10-2012, 02:29 AM
I like that it would be helpful to me.

RichieP
03-10-2012, 07:44 AM
if it is the "original" screen i would get rid of all adjusted data, using raw toally unadjusted data (por, poh te etc)

there are 20 other screens to show adj stuff

original should be exactly that - data unmassaged by algorhytms,rounding, variants etc

layoff markers are tremendous addition!

thanks

Pat C.
03-10-2012, 12:03 PM
I agree with Richie. A Plain Jane screen w/o adjustments would be a great help in Matching the Hat's way. Lets you see from where you came on the other adjusted, manipulated screens.

Pat

mikesal57
03-10-2012, 12:30 PM
When selecting Pacelines manually..I like to compare Trackmaster ,ADJ, TE, and perceptor
So in here , I like it all on this screen..

Bill V.
03-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I vote for no adjustment numbers I go with Richie and Pat
Please make the TM speed figure in BOLD

El Santo
03-10-2012, 06:28 PM
If you want raw data, go buy a Racing Form.

RichieP
03-11-2012, 07:51 AM
If you want raw data, go buy a Racing Form.

Nice sound byte.

New Pace has its own screen and is visible on other screens, has absolutely nothing to do with the Sartin Methodology.

Jim Lehane has stuff from his Calibration Handicapping on screens now, nothing to do with Sartin Methodology (however imo HIGHLY recommended and Mr. Lehane is a complete class act, winning player and capper)

Now Jim "The Hat" was Doc's right hand man, confidant, programmer and world class player. There is a memorial tourney going on featuring his picture along with Doc's to draw people to this site. He gave hundreds of hours to folks here free offering guidance and a true insight to how he works his magic. His work and "Hat Check" Forum draws folks here like bees to honey and he offered his 5-step approach (cornerstone of his Matchup2 book selling for hundreds of dollars) to us FREE.

He used raw data and the ONLY reason he wanted me working with the program (he hated the use of tenths of a second when matching)was because I could access ONE screen with "all the adjusted crap" (his words) gone. Sorry but now putting adjusted speed ratings, adjusted total energy,adjusted pace of race on the ORIGINAL screen is ,,,,,,,,,,,

Should us "Matchers" do what you say and "go buy a Racing Form"?

Nice sound byte :)

SilentRun
03-11-2012, 08:51 AM
I personally reference the ORIGINAL AND ADJUSTED DATA but I primarily pick my lines using the ADJUSTED data. Hence I am strongly against eliminating the adjusted data.

For those users who have no use for the adjusted that's fine....but that does not mean it should be eliminated. The adjusted data serves a purpose for those members who wish to use it (and several members already expressed their positive opinions regarding the Adjusted Data) hence it is only fair that the adjusted data be presented going forward. "live and let live" applies here.

Ernie

Bill V.
03-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Once again ....

Great commentary Rich I'm with you on that subject ..

Markers..

From Pace Makes The Race -An Introduction To The Sartin Methodology
page 79 Michael Pizzola,

"Layoffs and layoff patterns are by far the most complex and, in my
opinion, the most profitable patterns in all of thorobred handicapping.
First, let me define a layoff as a period of thirty days or more between races.
There are long layoffs and short layoffs. Tom Brohamer, in Moder Pace Handicapping,
calls these short periods of 4 weeks "freshenings".
The first thing I like to do is note if there is a layoff somewhere in
the horses last three or four pacelines. If the last race was the race which"put
the horse in the barn" for a period of thirty days or more , we must answer
this question: How will the horse run after a layoff? .....
In my experience, the best indication that a horse will be able to run well
after a layoff is that he has done so succesfully in the past,"

Bill

SilentRun
03-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Actually...when looking at the "ORIGINAL SCREEN" that Ted presented at the beginning of this thread is not all the data strictly "ORIGINAL DATA" and if you simply want to see the "ADJUSTED DATA" you simply click on the adjusted caption and you have a completely separate screen with "ADJUSTED DATA". There is no adjusted data on the original screen other than the adjusted caption or am I missing something ?
So my next question is...why is there an issue here ????

Ernie

Skype Name: Silentrun14

Ted Craven
03-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Some folks can only dislay 1 panel of PP info (e.g. netbook or tablet screens), or 1 PP and 1 Analysis panel. So a bit of extra Adjusted info on the Original screen is helpful. Some like to see Workouts or E/L on their 2nd PP panel, and having the summary Adjusted info on the Original puts almost everything on 2 PP panels in front of their eyes.

However - how about BOTH ways - just toggle your layout preference.

With Adjusted

Without Adjusted

Good thing there isn't just one way to work with this tool ...

Ted

Bill V.
03-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Ted I like it

Can I put in my order?

Ted Craven
03-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Ted I like it

Can I put in my order?

I'll correct a few more reported bugs and issue an interim Beta2 update this coming week.

Ted

RichieP
03-11-2012, 11:28 AM
However - how about BOTH ways - just toggle your layout preference.

With Adjusted

Without Adjusted

Good thing there isn't just one way to work with this tool ...

Ted

Looks terrific Ted and THANK YOU! :)

SilentRun
03-11-2012, 11:34 AM
I did miss the ADJ/SR column on the original screen (didn't scroll to the right enough). My comments were not on target....sorry about that. Now that I am in focus ...I would not use only a select piece of adjusted data. I would want to see the entire picture. So FWIW at this pointl I feel it is good policy to continue to present ORIGINAL DATA AND ADJUSTED DATA on their respective screens.

Ernie

barb craven
03-11-2012, 11:43 AM
I like being able to get an overall glance at the horse on this screen, layoffs and all. I use the adjusted SR to pick my lines but being able to compare it and Trackmaster, TE and Percepter all at once is very helpful.
As Ernie says, why is this an issue? Every one can see what they like best and leave the rest and go to those tabs that apply to whatever method they use.
Isn't this what the new program is all about. To let everyone individualize it to their own needs.

Bill V.
03-11-2012, 12:19 PM
To answer your question " why is this an issue"
I beleive what Ted set out here is an opinion on what we would like to
see.

Its not an issue really, it is about we were given a chance to
reply to something that could be a potential problem and distraction.
Rather than just add it and live with it. Ted asked if we would consider it.

I myself just don't want the additional distractions.

Its amazing how we can all get such a good tool to fit our taste.

Bill

partsnut
03-14-2012, 07:09 AM
The adjusted SR numbers will give you superior results with programs like MPH and Synergism. Please by all means keep them.

Bill V.
03-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Hi Bill

Ted is making RDSS work for many different screen configs.
and is offering us options not laws.

Good skill with using the adjusted numbers in your programs
Bill

ThomasCSS
03-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Ted, I like your Adjusted SR w/ Diff and Layoff. It is simplifies the visual absorption and, perhaps, would contribute to a tad less brain fatigue.

...nice.

Thomas