PDA

View Full Version : New Track Code: BHP = HOL

Ted Craven
04-25-2012, 08:49 PM
The new Hollywood Park meet which starts Thursday April 26, 2012 has a new track code: BHP. This is because Betfair has entered into a naming rights agreement with Hollywood Park, and the track will be referred to as 'Betfair Hollywood Park'.

Setting aside the wisdom (or lack thereof) of gratuitously inventing or renaming track codes, and the confusion this causes to software programs, Equibase and thus TrackMaster will begin supplying data files labeled as BHP, which are none other than what we used to call HOL.

Thursday's BHP/HOL card is available now, but for RDSS to process it, you will need to add that new code to the internal track list in the same way we had to do when Philadelphia Park's code was renamed from PHA to PRX.

To add this new BHP code to RDSS, please right-click on the file shown below (TRACK_CODE_UPDATE.CSV), choose Save Link As ... or Save Target As ... (depending on your browser) then save it to your RDSS folder. If you are using RDSS2, place the file in your C:\RDSS2 folder. If you are using RDSS1, place the file in your C:\RDSS folder.

Here is the file: 26828

Then simply run RDSS. You will see the following 2 messages:
26830 26829

If you don't see these 2 messages it means you did not save the file in your RDSS folder, and please try again.

Please Note 1: if you are not running at least RDSS V0.99.2, this track code update process will not work. You need to update to V0.99.2, or RDSS2 Beta2.5.

Please Note 2: one user reported that when you Save As ... as described above, the file was named attachment.csv instead of TRACK_CODE_UPDATE.CSV. RDSS will not recognize attachment.csv as a file it should do anything about, so if this happens to you, you must rename the file TRACK_CODE_UPDATE.CSV.

After running RDSS and clicking OK to the above 2 info messages, open the Data Centre and click on Display Available Cards. If there are cards for BHP available, that new track code will appear in your All Tracks list and RDSS will be able to process BHP like any other track. When horses who run in these new Hollywood meet races run again in a few weeks or months, the track code in the Past Performances should read HOL, not BHP. However, I will need to make some changes in RDSS2 so that track code BHP is referred to throughout the rest of the software as HOL. I will not be making any changes to RDSS1 (V0.99.2).

Upon successful processing of this track code update, RDSS renames the file so it does not run it again. You will see in your RDSS folder the file renamed to something similar to TRACK_CODE_UPDATE_(20120418-1234).CSV

Hoping this does not cause too many problems for everyone, and wishing you good luck at good old Hollywood Park!

Ted

Dallas4lr
04-27-2012, 05:48 AM
Ted,

I performed the tracklist update as you stated, got the two prompts when I opened Rdss2. But my data center sees no Hollywood Park files for yesterday or today. It still has the HOL designation in the data center.

Ted Craven
04-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Ted,

I performed the tracklist update as you stated, got the two prompts when I opened Rdss2. But my data center sees no Hollywood Park files for yesterday or today. It still has the HOL designation in the data center.

Carl,

The track code for Hollywood is now BHP, so make sure you select that track. You can edit the name to show as 'Hollywood'. HOL is no longer an active track.

Ted

Dallas4lr
04-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Ted,

I opened the program once more and the BHP designation finally appeared. I was able to Rclick and edit.

Thanks
Carl

kenr3138
04-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Carl,

The track code for Hollywood is now BHP, so make sure you select that track. You can edit the name to show as 'Hollywood'. HOL is no longer an active track.

Ted

I did just as Carl (Dallas4lr) but there is no BHP track code.
What next?

Ken

Dallas4lr
04-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Ken,

I eventually deleted the file and redownloaded it into the RDSS2 folder. As I stated above, after opening the program several times it finally appeared.

kenr3138
04-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Ken,

I eventually deleted the file and redownloaded it into the RDSS2 folder. As I stated above, after opening the program several times it finally appeared.

Carl:
Actually I intended to direct the message to Ted however I did not. Sorry about that.
I appreciate your reply. I did try what you suggested last night. Here
are the steps I took:

I downloaded the latest Rdss2Install.Beta2.5-02.exe. I did not
delete the RDSS2 files nor the folder. I then ran the Install exe.
It did not change the track list at all. I know the install had some affect on the program because the colors of the menue on the Rdss Desktop changed. However, the track list still does not show BHP.

Not sure what steps I should take now.

kenr3138
04-27-2012, 04:51 PM
I did just as Carl (Dallas4lr) but there is no BHP track code.
What next?

Ken

Ted:
I did just as Carl suggested but there is no BHP track code.
What next?

Ted Craven
04-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Ted:
I did just as Carl suggested but there is no BHP track code.
What next?

Download TeamViewer from TeamViewer.com. Install, get the ID and Password give, send me a email and propose a time to connect my computer to you using TeamViewer, and give you a phone call.

We'll sort it out.

Ted

cct2447
04-28-2012, 02:44 PM
How do you designate the RDSS@ or RDSS! file in Drive C?
I right-clicked the link but where does it go?

kenr3138
04-28-2012, 03:03 PM

Hey cct2447!
I think you should direct your question to Ted.

Kenr3138

Ted Craven
04-28-2012, 03:12 PM

Save the file to c:\rdss for RDSS1 (V0.99.2)

Save the file to c:\rdss2 for RDSS2 Beta2.5

Ted