6- line3
7- line 1
8-line 2

I wanted to keep all horses with 6 fur pacelines as Purdy
says Syn works best that way

shoeless
07-04-2012, 09:23 AM
I like the 5 here based on my pacelines, the reason being looking at the
dream race the big move he makes on the 2nd call.

A couple of other reasons are

3 races back at Penn he won a 6 fur race 5000 open today is running 7500
n1y.Most people might think this is a step up in class but actuality it isnt.

Also today getting the services of a top jock in Stewart Elliott

Couple of cons

Coming from Penn Natl

Went 3 back to Apr 20th race

Good Luck

partsnut
07-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Shoeless:
I wanted to keep all horses with 6 fur pacelines as Purdy
says Syn works best that way
---------------------------------------------------------------
Jeff, would your interest be peaked assuming RDSS had a conversion feature that would convert the RDSS files that were equalized within the RDSS software by surface, distance and pars into a synergism 2, 3 or 4 files. Thus not needing the yearly par updates for SYN 3 and 4 and using the RDSS file pars for converting and creating the new SYN files with them.

If anyone feels this would be a great feature for RDSS this would be a great time to express your interest.
Naturally, Ted would have the final say as to what should be prioritized into his software. I suggest this with only good intentions and I sincerely believe this would elevate RDSS to a new level and bring in lot of new users into the fold.

I have been interested in seeing this feature for quite some time.
I also believe and in my opinion, it would draw attention from the other Sartin board as well as other horse racing boards.

shoeless
07-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Bill,

As Ted has stated this site is for the present and future of the Sartin Methodology,so I dont believe Synergism would fall into this.

I really dont mind entering my own pacelines as I feel it helps me to
focus on the race better

Jeff

raceman5
07-04-2012, 11:33 AM
i would love to be able to get my hands on this program * * *

Bob

gl45
07-04-2012, 12:00 PM
I like the entry 1A....#7....and #4 as off the pace horse

partsnut
07-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Shoeless: Bill,

As Ted has stated this site is for the present and future of the Sartin Methodology,so I dont believe Synergism would fall into this.

Synergism is an old Sartin Standard just as Energy, KGEN, Thoromation and the Match-Up are. I believe it use should be offered as as an option.
RDSS is represented as being the present and future of the methodology but is still based on the older Sartin concepts. RDSS has adopted some new concepts which the user can choose to use but is not compelled to do so. In my mind and in my opinion there is one concept or option that is questionable and does not coincide with my way of thinking and as far as I'm concerned and has no relationship whatsoever to Sartin and or his concepts. If one considers this to be the future of the methodology then so be it, maybe it is. I may see things one way and others may or may not agree with me. We are all entitled to our opinions.
My likes and dislikes and what I feel will benefit my handicapping warrants my final decision as to what I will purchase and use. The end results are what counts. The bottom line.

gl45
07-04-2012, 02:08 PM
1A scratched I'll take the 6

Bill V.
07-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the race
I hope you got a nice reward

GS
Bill

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=81136&postcount=6

noddub62
07-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Jeff, hope you had a big wad on the 5!!!

Rverge
07-04-2012, 04:54 PM
nice win shoe! where was the 4 @ 4/5???

partsnut
07-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Jeff, nice hit.
You are the man.
Well done.

Ted Craven
07-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Jeff, nice hit.
You are the man.
Well done.

Congratulations Jeff - very well done!! And - congratulations Bill V (for Place $).

Ted

raceman5
07-04-2012, 05:33 PM
good hit jeff just out of curiosity how come u left out the 1 horse line 3 and the 2 horse line 3? just curious as to why u left these horses out

Ted Craven
07-04-2012, 05:34 PM
i would love to be able to get my hands on this program * * *

Bob

Bob,

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but as you may know, the long standing policy at Pace and Cap - established long before I had any management responsibilities - is that copyrighted software may not be shared, or asked to be shared, except in circumstances such as when someone once owned a legal license to the software then lost it and is simply trying to get a copy again. Other than that type of thing - please do not ask on Pace and Cap for someone to give you a copy of software which they can still use themselves. Call me old fashioned, but that's what 'copyright' means.

On the other hand - if Bob Purdy were to let me know that it's OK for everyone and anyone to share copies of Synergism 2 (or 3 or 4 ...) with each other, then - no problems!

I am obviously NOT against any of the older programs - I created this Synergism forum for just such discussion and focus, and I'm glad to see it being used. And this whole Classic Sartin Forum is here expressly for discussion and support for every Sartin program preceding RDSS.

But so far, please help me out and respect the existing copyright guidelines expressed above.

Re a Synergism2 export in RDSS - Bill H, as you know I have dragged my heels on this. If you can believe me, it's not because I don't want to support Syn2 - it is only because there is approximately ONE person so far who has expressed serious interest in this - YOU (and thank you)! But it's not exactly a stampede of interest. You may know that most business responds to customer demand, and I try to. I can assure you that if there were more serious comittment to subscribing to RDSS (aside from you) - I would do this job MUCH SOONER.

I do thank you for trying to beat the bushes of support by Syn2 users. Others are free to express their support for a Syn2 export from RDSS here, or in a separate thread in this forum.

Bob - may I ask you to rephrase your request for Synergism2 to something like - 'does anyone have Syn2 ORIGINAL DISKS available for sale'? If that's what you actually meant - please accept my humble apologies!

cheers,

Ted

shoeless
07-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks guys and I didnt let the odds affect me this time as I had the exacta as well.

I didnt not like the 1 as I felt his last race was very slow and the 2 for
me a throw out as I didnt belive he was a sprinter.

The 4 fell down the stretch but even if he didnt was not going to do anything.

I think Pino had place horse

shoeless
07-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Even though the 6 was last on the early he was 1st on LP so that's why hit ex,I had ranked race early.

Funny thing with 6 horse he had never shown on his pp's that he breaks
out early yet this time he broke out on top.Scott Lake did claim this horse
from a 9% trainer so guess you could have expected improvement.

gl45
07-05-2012, 03:48 AM
good piece of handicapping you got me by 1/2 length

shoeless
07-05-2012, 05:59 AM
Thanks

raceman5
07-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Ted, guess i never read the fine print lol lol

Bob

shoeless
07-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Ted,

Just want to let you know that Bob Purdy has given me permission
to give the Synergism program at my discression.I have e mailed him
many times in the past and he is a very nice guy.

But this does not mean that I will do so.

Jeff

Ted Craven
07-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Ted,

Just want to let you know that Bob Purdy has given me permission
to give the Synergism program at my discression.I have e mailed him
many times in the past and he is a very nice guy.

But this does not mean that I will do so.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I understand that Bob Purdy has given YOU permission to share Synergism, but he has not given ME permission. I presume that many people are sharing all kinds of older Sartin software regardless of what rules I enforce at PaceandCap, and that is not something I seek to control, only express my opinion.

If people ask YOU if you will share Synergism with them, I know you will respond as you see fit. If people ask here on PaceandCap for someone to share Synergism with them, I must respond as I responded above to raceman (Bob) - UNTIL I get the same permission from Bob Purdy.

If you are able to (or interested) in facilitating this, I will be grateful, and thanks in advance!

FWIW, if one day in the future I decided to retire from publishing and supporting RDSS, but it remained available by the grape-vine, I imagine I would also appreciate it if someone asked my permission to share it with a friend who had not once upon a time paid me anything for it. And I imagine I would be appreciative if someone else said 'well, I shouldn't share this without either asking, or compensating Ted somehow for that past work'. Just my imagination at work ...

cheers,

Ted

shoeless
07-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Ted,

I get what your saying and I doubt I will give it out,I paid him for 189.00 for Syn 3 with 20 year old pars in it so at least I gave him something.

I did tell him just in case someone had originally bought it and since then
has lost it,but seriously how can someone prove that.

Jeff

Houndog
07-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks guys and I didnt let the odds affect me this time as I had the exacta as well.

I didnt not like the 1 as I felt his last race was very slow and the 2 for
me a throw out as I didnt belive he was a sprinter.

The 4 fell down the stretch but even if he didnt was not going to do anything.

I think Pino had place horse

Jeff congratulations on a very nice hit with some very solid handicapping thrown in. A hit like this should make for a very profitable day. Keep up the great handicapping! Nice fireworks at the right price. The Fourth of July display the Shoeless way! ------Mike "Houndog"

shoeless
07-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Mike,

Thanks good to see you posting here,nice seeing some old familiar names popping up. We can make this site an old age home for Sartinites.

Jeff

partsnut
07-10-2012, 12:39 PM
shoeless Mike,

Thanks good to see you posting here,nice seeing some old familiar names popping up. We can make this site an old age home for Sartinites.

Jeff
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeff, Sartinites never grow old. However, some of the material does.:)
Some of us tend to stubbornly rehash and repeat the same old thing over and over again somewhat like a broken record and a tutorial which lacks a positive end result.:) In other words, you can't teach and learn from something that doesn't work.
Show me success before the fact and I'll be a believer. Show me the money.
It's easy to place the pieces within a puzzle after you know where they belong.
Those that choose to learn in this manner are just deluding themselves.
This is my opinion whether one wishes to agree or not.:eek: