PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Race # 3 The Matchmaker G3 9.0 Turf Monmouth Park Race 10

Bill V.
07-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Bonus Race # 3

The Matchmaker G3 9.0 Turf Monmouth Park Race 10
Looks like a good betting race

Once again Ted will provide the Mth July 29 Sunday card
I will post the file tonight
with the usual downloading instructions

Bill V.
07-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Here is the data file for Monmouth 7/29/12:

(You only need these instructions if you DON'T have an Unlimited account - otherwise just download it as usual).

To make this accessible by RDSS, right-click on the link above then choose Save Link As or Save Target As (depending on your browser). You will get a Windows Save As dialog box which will prompt you where on your computer you want to save the file to save this file

For RDSS2, navigate here: c:\rdss2\data\PP\2012\MTH\ i.e. starting on your C drive (or whichever drive letter you installed RDSS2 on), open your RDSS2 folder, then open the Data folder, then open the PP folder, then open the 2012 folder then open the MTH folder. Save the file there - don't save it anywhere else.

For RDSS1, save it to: c:\rdss\data\PP\2012\MTH\

Open RDSS. In the Data Centre, uncheck the Download Task (because you don't want to download it - you already have it now) and make sure the Convert is checked. Click on Display Available Cards for Tomorrow. Uncheck all other cards for tomorrow. Click Perform Selected Tasks for the selected Track and Date (i.e. Convert MTH for July 29). When that's done successfully, recheck the Download Task.

If RDSS complains (in the Progress window) that the card file was not found, it's because the card file above did not get saved to the correct folder. If this happens, please try saving the above file again.

Upon successful Conversion, the Monmouth card should appear in the tracks listed for Tomorrow in the Sidebar (Race Cards by Date). Remember to look for the MTH card TomorrowJuly 29 (i.e. Future section), not Today!

Good luck, good skill!

Bill V

Diane M
07-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Here is the data file for Monmouth 7/29/12:

(You only need these instructions if you DON'T have an Unlimited account - otherwise just download it as usual).

To make this accessible by RDSS, right-click on the link above then choose Save Link As or Save Target As (depending on your browser). You will get a Windows Save As dialog box which will prompt you where on your computer you want to save the file to save this file

For RDSS2, navigate here: c:\rdss2\data\PP\2012\MTH\ i.e. starting on your C drive (or whichever drive letter you installed RDSS2 on), open your RDSS2 folder, then open the Data folder, then open the PP folder, then open the 2012 folder then open the MTH folder. Save the file there - don't save it anywhere else.

For RDSS1, save it to: c:\rdss\data\PP\2012\MTH\

Open RDSS. In the Data Centre, uncheck the Download Task (because you don't want to download it - you already have it now) and make sure the Convert is checked. Click on Display Available Cards for Tomorrow. Uncheck all other cards for tomorrow. Click Perform Selected Tasks for the selected Track and Date (i.e. Convert MTH for July 29). When that's done successfully, recheck the Download Task.

If RDSS complains (in the Progress window) that the card file was not found, it's because the card file above did not get saved to the correct folder. If this happens, please try saving the above file again.

Upon successful Conversion, the Monmouth card should appear in the tracks listed for Tomorrow in the Sidebar (Race Cards by Date). Remember to look for the MTH card TomorrowJuly 29 (i.e. Future section), not Today!

Good luck, good skill!

Bill V
Hi Bill,
I downloaded this file there was no "MTH" folder so I created on then saved the file there, however the file is "zipped" so do I need to "unzip" the file before it works?
Thanks for your help...

Bill V.
07-28-2012, 11:14 AM
hello Diane

I just arrived at Del Mar with the other early birds for "Day Break at Del Mar"
a little cloudy out there but a few horses are warming up

The answer is No
Once you put the zipped file into the MTH folder
just go onto the conversion steps

Rdss will self unzip the file

Bill

Bill V.
07-28-2012, 11:20 AM
here is the instructions video from the Saratoga Bonus race

If you need help the video still is applicable
Just ignore when I say Saratoga and replace that with Monmouth

Download Install Help Video (http://www.sartinmethodology.com/tutorials/saratogabase2.mp4)

Diane M
07-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Hi Bill,
Here is what I get after the download, not sure why this is happening?
http://content.screencast.com/users/Dianem1833/folders/Snagit/media/53cedba2-8253-4895-8fc8-7347c1f5dc62/07.28.2012-11.07.png

Bill V.
07-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Ok
sorry I was out walking around its a real nice day at DMR
Looking forward to Rail Trip in the San Diego

Ok something is rotten in Denmark

Lets start over from the beginning

1. make sure you have saved the zipped file from my post above to the correct
folder in your rdss2 folder RDSS2/Data/PP/2012/MTH
now click save

Now go open RDSS2
Go to Data Center
unselect Download
make sure Convert is checked
select tommorow because you want to convert tthe Sunday Mth flle
select Monmouth from the track list on the left
Select the Display availabe cards
select Display availble cards
you should now see a small check in Sundays date 7/29
Now select Perform Seleted Task

Let me know what happens

also check you PM

Bill

Diane M
07-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Bill,
I changed the selection for tomorrow instead of today and I get the same screen as above. It wants me to have a 'trackmaster account'? I don't get it? It's not hard to download a file those are easy steps.

Ted Craven
07-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Diane and Bill,

I apologize - it never occurred to me that in order to Convert a card of races - you had to have a TrackMaster account established.

You certainly must have a TrackMaster account to Download data, and have supplied your TrackMaster User name and Password to RDSS in order to properly charge your account.

Since you're not Downloading the card from TrackMaster (you got it free from this Bonus Race post), you didn't need a UID/PWD for that Task, but RDSS does check for something in the UID/PWD inputs in order to run the Convert Task (since up until now, it presumes you must have an account in order to get cards in the first place before you can Convert them).

Try this - enter anything in the UID and PWD input boxes on your Registration Tab. Don't click the Update button to Submit that fictional UID/PWD combo or TrackMaster will simply respond that it doesn't recognize it.

Then try to run the Convert Task on the Monmouth card and let us know how it works.

Or - you could just set up a TrackMaster account ... Use the RDSS Pay-as-you-go Data plan option so you don't have to pay anything until or unless you choose to download data from TrackMaster

Ted

Diane M
07-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Hi Ted,
Hope you had a great vacation. I would be more than willing to get an account however they want my SSN and since I was on the "grand jury" here in Phoenix I really want to test the system before I give that up. hope you understand..

Diane and Bill,

I apologize - it never occurred to me that in order to Convert a card of races - you had to have a TrackMaster account established.

You certainly must have a TrackMaster account to Download data, and have supplied your TrackMaster User name and Password to RDSS in order to properly charge your account.

Since you're not Downloading the card from TrackMaster (you got it free from this Bonus Race post), you didn't need a UID/PWD for that Task, but RDSS does check for something in the UID/PWD inputs in order to run the Convert Task (since up until now, it presumes you must have an account in order to get cards in the first place before you can Convert them).

Try this - enter anything in the UID and PWD input boxes on your Registration Tab. Don't click the Update button to Submit that fictional UID/PWD combo or TrackMaster will simply respond that it doesn't recognize it.

Then try to run the Convert Task on the Monmouth card and let us know how it works.

Or - you could just set up a TrackMaster account ... Use the RDSS Pay-as-you-go Data plan option so you don't have to pay anything until or unless you choose to download data from TrackMaster

Ted

Ted Craven
07-30-2012, 02:29 AM
Hi Ted,
Hope you had a great vacation. I would be more than willing to get an account however they want my SSN and since I was on the "grand jury" here in Phoenix I really want to test the system before I give that up. hope you understand..

Diane,

Thanks! However, re SSN - that's news to me! Can you point out where TrackMaster asks for your SSN in order to set up an account?

Ted

Diane M
07-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Hi Ted - Bill,
I clicked on betamerica.com where it says "JOIN NOW" on the top of the page within Trackmaster (I thought thats where I joined) my mistake..

So I joined trackmaster. Now the fun begins..Thank you for your help.

Diane M
07-30-2012, 08:28 AM
Hi Ted - Bill ,
I selected the track for Del Mar - Aug 1st. Now I'm not sure how the count goes I get 20 downloads a month. I just did a month. So is Aug 1 all races counted as 1 card?

Thanks for your help.

Diane M
07-30-2012, 09:01 AM
My mistake I clicked on "join now bet america". I joined trackmaster and I now have a problem accessing my account. Maybe it's to early for me to do this.
http://screencast.com/t/4rMn5w7T7

Ted Craven
07-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Diane,

Rather than continuing the support and getting setup -related discussion in this thread, let's just continue it by private email now that I'm back from the weekend.

I will move the past few posts regarding support to a separate thread, and clean up this one so it continues to deal only with the Sunday Monmouth Bonus Race.

Bill - thank you for trying to help Diane!

cheers,

Ted

Ted Craven
08-01-2012, 11:18 AM
By the way - just to clarify a query posed above: TrackMaster does not ask you for your Social Security Number for any reason at all.

Ted