PDA

View Full Version : RDSS2 Online Clinics

Ted Craven
10-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Starting in November, I will be conducting a series of interactive online clinics covering the use of all aspects of RDSS2. I'll be using the free TeamViewer (www.teamviewer.com (http://www.teamviewer.com)) online meeting software to connect up to 10 people per session, computers and audio connections.

The clinics will be about an hour each in length and I initially plan to hold 2 sessions per month on a regular basis, for starters. Perhaps 1 session on a weekday evening and another one on a weekend day, each month.

The clinics will suit those people who have not yet established a style of using RDSS (or who have not yet switched to RDSS2) or who want to understand recommended best-practices. While there are undoubtedly numerous successful styles of using the tools, I will be sharing with folks my style - understanding that you should use that input to establish your own comfortable and consistent usage methods. Of course all the nuances of the user interface will be covered. I'd like to include live betting as well.

As I get the kinks worked out of doing these, I want to invite guest speakers to show how they use RDSS - differently from me.

When I publish the schedule, by the end of October, if people would like to sign up for a given session, please just send me a Private Message or an email to support@sartinmethodology.com (You can practise in advance using the TeamViewer remote connection software, also available by clicking the TeamViewer icon in the lower-right corner of the Paceandcap.com website.

I will record each session and make it available for everyone to download.

Looking forward to doing these kind of things again, and to talking with many of you!

Ted

pilot
10-21-2012, 02:06 AM
That sounds great, Ted. I am looking forward to it.

Thanks

Wayne

delmarscott2004
10-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Good morning Ted

This does sound like another helpful learning tool offering further insight into the better use of RDSS2.

Thanks for offering to record each session for all to download and review . I am really looking forward to this.

Thanks
Scott

Cincyhorseplayer
10-22-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm into it.I just started using the system Saturday so I need as much input as possible.I pretty much know most of what the screenshots mean,I just have to connect 20 or so years of dots between Brohamer's book and this!

sprestridge
10-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Great idea, Ted. I am looking forward to this.

pktruckdriver
10-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Awesome idea, this should get more people , especially newer user's up and running very quickly, as nothing helps more than a quick Q & A, and one you can go back watch again.

Another great Idea Ted

mrhug
10-29-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm a little busy, so recording the sessions will be great. Thanks Ted :)

rmath
10-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Ted, sounds great. Count me in.
If I can help in anyway let me know.
As always I like to learn new ideas and to share my own findings.

rmath

dlivery
10-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Hi Ted

Count me in as I will certainly will learn a thing or to

Lawrence

RichI
10-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks Ted

Great Opportunity For All!

Old Arkie Gal
10-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks Ted! I like the idea that you will tape the sessions. That way I won't have to take a place that someone new to RDSS might need. If there are open spots, I will be willing otherwise the tapes will be good.
Pat

DaveEdwards
11-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Definitely interested.

As Old Arkie says, I don't need a newbie intro, but most definitely interested in further sessions. Will of course watch everything posted as video though.

Ted Craven
11-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Folks, there will be a short delay beginning this RDSS Online tutorial series due to a shoulder surgery which has been moved forward to Friday November 9. I had hoped to get a few sessions done this week and next, but that will now have to wait until later in November (or December).

Here is a post I made about my November schedule: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8821

Very sorry for the inconvenience. Back in a few weeks :)

Ted

DaveEdwards
11-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Ted,

Hope everything goes well. All the best.

Cincyhorseplayer
11-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Ted,get yourself well man.We ain't goin nowhere!

Rod

dlivery
11-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Hi Ted

Hope your surgery go's successful we will need you back in action with both barrels loaded and ready to go.

Lawrence :D

Vinnie
11-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Get Well Ted:

Just know that you are thought of by many in the Very Best of ways. Nothing but excellent Karma coming your way Ted to get you back to 100% as soon as possible.

Take Good Care and Warm Regards Always.

Vinnie :)

highvoltage88
03-13-2014, 02:40 PM
I was going threw old posts and seen this. Were these ever completed? These would be extremely helpful for me. I only had the program a week and already feel overwhelmed.

rmath
03-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Welcome to paceandcap.
Feeling overwhelmed at the start is understandable.
Any questions you have please post them and someone will always try to answer them.
You will find this is a very helpful group.

Again welcome
rmath

highvoltage88
03-13-2014, 08:15 PM
First question is where to begin? I have seen read the yellow manual and the red manual and then the follow ups but it would be nice to have some actual handicapping. There is so much going on I find out it hard to pick anything ! What to look for ? A beginner Manual for the 2014. Clinic idea sounded really exciting!

dirty moose
03-13-2014, 09:04 PM
Hey HV88. How much experience do you have with capping? Also can you read a past performance?

highvoltage88
03-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Hey HV88. How much experience do you have with capping? Also can you read a past performance?

I have been off and on over the last say 5 years. I have only ever used the form. I like the form to mark up the race with red pen and highlighter. I do the + (+) and 0 to really see how the horses form is. Maybe I could start my own thread and choose a card I will do my best to handicap them and then if you guys have free time,you could take a look and tell me how bad I did.

rmath
03-13-2014, 09:38 PM
HV88 I would be glad to help you run a few races, if you would like the help.
If you have Skype you can contact me and we could run a few races together.

My email is : rmathie@live.com
IF you are interested let me know.

rmath

dirty moose
03-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Take Rmath up on his offer! I've spoke with him many times. He knows his stuff!

Ted Craven
03-14-2014, 09:12 AM
First question is where to begin? I have seen read the yellow manual and the red manual and then the follow ups but it would be nice to have some actual handicapping. There is so much going on I find out it hard to pick anything ! What to look for ? A beginner Manual for the 2014. Clinic idea sounded really exciting!

HighVoltage ,

Alas these Clinics never got off the ground, though it is surprising to read just how long ago I announced this ... :o Injury, then a layoff, then ...stuff. My general excuse the past while has been that I am working on enough new things for the next version of RDSS that any formal videos I make will appear outdated within a few months. So I have held back (and held back ...).

On the other hand - I do about 1 remote tutorial session per week with people who ask me (per the invitation in the RDSS Getting Started email). As you've seen in this thread - you can get a lot by asking :)

On the other other hand - maybe we should just do a small group anyway - next week?

HighVoltage - if you'd like to connect, just email me - I have some time today (this weekend is busy), or suggest a time next week. You also have (Dick's) Rmath invitation - an excellent resource!

cheers,

Ted

highvoltage88
03-14-2014, 10:49 AM
Ted and all who responded,
That all sounds fantastic. I going to busy this weekend so next week would be better that way ,I will be able to give full attention to this. I will also make a list of questions I have so I can use this time to the fullest. Its really nice to see a group of people coming together to help someone. I will use this weekend as well to reread and take notes out of the manuals to make sure I understand it the best I can.

dirty moose
03-14-2014, 08:21 PM
I'd like to listen in...