PDA

View Full Version : Entropy & other questions

winning
11-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Hi Ted,

I need the Entropy readout added to your new version in the future, because when I download to my Entropy program, I get strange numbers, if you don't add Entropy, I would like to used RDSS 1.0, instead of the new version. I don't like the Mike Pizolla readout. Entropy is more accurate for me. Right now RDSS 1.0 is more stable then the new beta version. I have download problems with the beta version, but I don't with RDSS 1.0. Thank-you, Brian.

Ted Craven
11-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Hi Ted,

I need the Entropy readout added to your new version in the future, because when I download to my Entropy program, I get strange numbers, if you don't add Entropy, I would like to used RDSS 1.0, instead of the new version. I don't like the Mike Pizolla readout. Entropy is more accurate for me. Right now RDSS 1.0 is more stable then the new beta version. I have download problems with the beta version, but I don't with RDSS 1.0. Thank-you, Brian.

Brian, you make many points.

1. Entropy readout. I can add the Ent (Entropy) readout from RDSS1 back to RDSS2 (somewhere). I removed it because it was redundant to (DCL + BLBL) / 2. I can't see how it adds anything. And, it is unrelated to PF3 (Projected Fraction 3, what you call the Pizzolla readout). It is also unrelated to whatever readout(s) you may have obtained from the old DOS Entropy program - it just shares a name.

2. If by 'download to my Entropy program', you mean export RDSS data to a file which can the be imported by the DOS Entropy program - I never tested the 3 call RAC file export with Entropy (nor promised it would work). I wasn't really planning to add it - no demand.

3. The readouts you get in your DOS Entropy program were never a part of RDSS - except, the ideas of Entropy became the seeds of what turned into V/DC in Validator and RDSS (Velocity tempered by Deceleration).

4. You say "RDSS1 is more stable than RDSS2". That is the very first time I have heard that :eek:. I spent 2 years rewriting RDSS and came up with RDSS2 specifically because it is MORE stable.

Please tell me more (and feel free to be specific) about how you find RDSS2 to be less stable than RDSS1 - and what specific download problems you are having.

Thanks,

Ted