PDA

View Full Version : RDSS 2 Update

Dallas4lr
03-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Ted,

I remember reading somewhere that you intend to release a new 2.0 update for RDSS. I was just wondering what the approximate drop date is.

Also, I downloaded several race cards on Monday, the Gulfstream Park card for that day opened blank. I was informed that RDSS was unable to process data because the card was a simul-cast from South America. I've just looked at the card for Monday March 25th, and we have the same thing. I guess we just have to nix Gulfstream Park on Mondays for the near future.

Thanks
Carl

Ted Craven
03-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Carl,

It's unfortunate that TrackMaster still produces that Monday RDSS file for GP, since they've known since forever that RDSS does not handle those foreign races (no segmental running times, positions or beaten lengths). They produce ALL the different data product formats at the same for every card file for all their different products (both their own and 3rd parties' such as RDSS), and suppressing one file format out of several is apparently too much work. :(

I think this has been discussed several times in the past, but I don't know a way to make the software refuse to download some cards in advance.

You can however always simply ask them for a refund for for those Monday GP cards (explain why) and they will happily comply (or just let me know if there's any problem). I think I talked to Dave at TrackMaster on Monday just a few minutes after you did :eek:

Re the update - so far it looks like the first week of April. There's a lot involved and I'm still working on a number of things. I will keep everyone posted on how it looks.

In the meanwhile, good luck - there are a lot of great races this weekend!

Ted

Dallas4lr
04-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Ted,

I was wondering how the update was coming along and if we will get it in advance of the Derby.

Its renewal time for me, I will probably send off a postal money order as I did last year. I will email you once I drop it in the box. I was looking at some old emails and was shocked to discover that I came on board in 2007.

I went from Synergism, to HTR(which I really loved), to RDSS. Landed here at paceandcap and never turned back!

Carl

Ted Craven
04-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Carl,

I know I've said this before :o but it will definitely be next week. Me and a few brave souls are testing it right now and I am updating the documentation and web pages.

I'll roll it out in a few stages: all the existing users within in a few days, then the (growing) list of newcomers waiting for the Evaluation later next week. I have eliminated the need to have RDSS1 around anymore, and don't want to subject the new folks to an unnecessary older version (though you can certainly keep using it if you have it).

And thank you for your persistence with and support of RDSS and the Methodology. You have mentioned some excellent tools there, and so glad you've found PaceandCap to be such a valuable resource to you.

cheers,

Ted

Telegony
04-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Can't wait to see the latest edition!

Giahorse
04-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Yes, I hope before the weekend???/

Ted Craven
04-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Sorry guys - I was shooting for today, but found and fixed a bad last minute bug. Just need to make a few short tutorial videos tomorrow morning and it should be up - say mid-day.

Those awaiting the RDSS2 Evaluation 30 day trial should be set up by late in the day or evening if all goes well. (Heads up: you'll need an active TrackMaster RDSS data plan to use RDSS2, even a 'Pay-as-you-go' is fine. But there's lots of free databases to investigate).

I'll be writing everyone and making an announcement online.

Thanks for your patience :o

Ted

Giahorse
04-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Thanks Ted Can not wait to see whats been added?

Hoof 11
04-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Good to hear you fixed the bug.

I'd let you know what's in the new version but there's no fun in that, but i can tell you it's Ted's best work to date. Some new, some old, and it runs like butter!

Well worth the wait. ;)

Dallas4lr
04-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Good to hear you fixed the bug.

I'd let you know what's in the new version but there's no fun in that, but i can tell you it's Ted's best work to date. Some new, some old, and it runs like butter!

Well worth the wait. ;)

Hey Hoof,

I don't appreciate you coming in my thread and teasing us all, lol!

Actually, I glad to hear you speaking so highly of this version. That is the cool thing I love about RDSS; is your ability to see the program evolving with meaningful updates.

Dallas4lr
04-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Yikes,

Did anyone get the email link yet?

Ted Craven
04-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Carl,

Just got it posted online!

Start here: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=89814&postcount=1

I'm sending emails to everyone right now. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

cheers,

Ted

Procefus
12-31-2014, 12:30 PM
Ted

Is there an Update coming for RDSS

Ted Craven
12-31-2014, 12:45 PM
Yes!

In 2015... ;)

Wishing you all the best!

Ted

Bill Lyster
12-31-2014, 01:42 PM
Ted,
the enclosed file is a good example of my suggestion for the next update, assuming that you have not already incorporated same.

what I would like to see is a duplicate of the earnings box from the PPs. I have incorporated this info into my recent selection process and it aids clarity in the final decision making process.

Some of what it shows for this race:

#1 13 starts, 2 wins on AW; no wins in 6 starts at six furlongs either surface; no wins at SA

#2 3/7 lifetime at 6 furlongs; only 3 wins at 6 furlongs, but one of which was on AW; ITM half the time at SA

#3 4/29 at 6 furlongs; 0/9 on AW, 3/9 at 6 furlongs and a total of 6/9 ITM placements at 6F; all 4 wins at SA; 7/11 either 1st or 2nd at SA

#4 3/24 overall, all 3 wins on AW; 0/6 at SA with no ITM placements

#7 half of wins at SA; at SA ITM is 100%; 3 wins/12 starts and 8/12 ITM at 6 furlongs

After selecting contenders I look for strong positives and strong negatives for distance, surface and track and note that, all weighed as part of the final selections. I know its not basic Sartin, but it helps making decisions. Even when a strong positive or negative horse does not look to be a contender I consider how such a horse might interact in my matchup, i.e. when a weak E type tips the balance of the race to OTE because of adding to the early race pressure.

Happy New Year and productive capping.

Bill Lyster
12-31-2014, 06:18 PM
Result: 7-3-1 very chalky, but very formful.