PDA

View Full Version : How about adding a Live Horse Feature

Dallas4lr
04-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Ted,

Yesterday I was betting on races from Parx and witnessed a horse lose while giving very very good effort versus better horses in allowance company. There's no doubt in my mind he will wire the field, in allowance company, at a good price next time out.

I was thinking that it might be nice to have a feature where we can tag a horse and a particular race, and when we load a future card where that horse is running; the program can alert us that this is a live horse.

Just a suggestion!
Thanks
Carl

Ted Craven
04-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Carl,

I think that should be possible, update after next when I will add teh much requested and long-awaited Notes ability. User can make any kind of free-form or coded notes about the race overall or a given horse and these Notes will be added to an expanded race comments section for each horse's past running lines and overall for a past race.

If I add a set of 'codes' which the user can apply when making their own notes, one such code would be to alert the user on the Card Summary and Entries screen about such a code having been set for a horse in the immediately previous race.

Your 'alert' idea is a useful nuance to what I had thought about doing. Thanks!

Ted

Hoof 11
04-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Virtual Stable?

You can go to Equibase and open a virtual stable, that way you can get a email when that particular horse is running next, as well as leaving a note to yourself on that horse.