PDA

View Full Version : New database from old

lightspeed2011
04-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Hi,

Looked around the site; didn't find any specific reference.

2 questions about creating databases - 1 without downloads, 1 with.

1 - Can I create a new database from a subset of an existing database?
i.e. take WO races from demo_database and create a wo_database.

2 - Use previously downloaded races to create a new database
same premise as WO above; but using races I've already downloaded.
i.e. using data from cache or pp folders

Thanks.
Bob

Ted Craven
04-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Bob,

In short:

1. No (at least, not yet), however ...

2. Yes, by importing from your downloaded TrackMaster ZIP files, per the instructions for this --> here (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5621) (Google site search: 'rdss import files'). Unfortunately, this old import facility (a bit creaky) does not work in RDSS2; it does however still work fine in RDSS1.

In RDSS2, create a new database file using the new Database Mgmt tool (e.g. wo_database.db) and switch to it (reload it in RDSS2). Automatically, RDSS1 will be also using that database (i.e. the one which is current for RDSS2).

So - then use the instructions in the 'import' post above to create an import instruction file listing the Woodbine card files you want to import, and change the Config setting for RDSS1 (i.e. RDSSPPImport=RDSSPPImport.txt ) then load RDSS1 and run Tasks in the Data Centre. The race files you specify will be imported into the current database (i.e. wo_database.db).

Then you can use this subset database in RDSS2. You can do this for any group of older TrackMaster files you may have downloaded (found either in \rdss\data\PP\[year]\[track]\ or \rdss2\data\PP\[year]\[track]\ depending on which RDSS version you were using when you downloaded. [year] and [track] refer to the year and track in question.

Good luck!

Ted