PDA

View Full Version : Database Question

Appy
09-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Haven't downloaded the program just yet, but I have a question.
Reading all the info I keep hearing about the databases downloaded, including current PPs, results, etc.
Does RDSS2 use these databases in calculating biases etc, or is the accumulated database merely on file for future recall by the user?

Ted Craven
09-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Hi Appy,

RDSS has a single database file in which it stores all info used for handicapping - a day's race card info, PPs for horses running in a given race, and (coming soon) full Result Chart info.

TrackMaster delivers PP info in a file which RDSS Converts into its database. Same with Result Chart info.

There can be many different versions of that single database file containing different info, depending on what you put in it. So with RDSS2, we have various of these RDSS database files which are available free for testing and studying purposes (the 'Example Databases').

You can maintain separate Decision Models in Excel files. You export data from RDSS to populate these Excel files. From these models, you can determine any significant factors which are pertinent to specific tracks, distances, surfaces, race conditions, genders, etc. Perhaps you may also call these observations 'biases'.

Some people share their Decision Models, but they are unique to each individual (i.e. and the races and tracks they choose, and the pacelines they chose which produced the factor values and ordering and ranking). There is a blank master template Excel sheet supplied with RDSS for this purpose, but the actual populated models are each person's to create.

Hope that's an answer.

Ted