PDA

View Full Version : Need help with data centre

Lefty
04-12-2014, 02:26 AM
I am taking RDSS2 Trial. For some reason my computer won't play the data centre video. I dl's Tampa fr Sun but how do I find it to activate the program and start handicapping. On the right it says conversion complete or something like that but where the heck is it?
Thanks in advance.

Ted Craven
04-12-2014, 08:58 AM
Lefty,

(Sorry I missed your emails yesterday, I was out for the day.) You Downloaded and Converted Sunday Tampa April 13, so (as of yesterday, and today) that date is in the Future. On the RDSS Sidebar 'Race Cards by Date' section (where you find race cards to open), you will find that card in the Future section. Double-click Future, find the date: 04/13/14 then you will see TAM listed. Double-click that and the races for that card will appear in the screen area on the right (Race Cards Tab).

You said you clicked on the Currently Opened Cards section in the Sidebar but could not see that card - but that's because that card is not currently open. When you open that TAM card as described above, then check the Currently Opened Cards section - there it is! If you open other cards, they'll show up too. If you connect RDSS to the toteboard (the Supertote Desktop button), the next race and Minutes to Post of all open cards will appear.

Re the RDSS Data Centre video not working for you: here is a post in the RDSS FAQ section about watching videos: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=90623&postcount=10. It has a link to VideoLan, which is a great, free media player. It plays MP4 type video files quite well.

Here is the link to the RDSS FAQ section, where many interesting (and sometimes vexing) questions are answered: www.rdss2.com/faq (http://www.rdss2.com/faq).

Good luck Lefty!

Ted

Lefty
04-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Ted, thanks, another dumb q, Where do I find the card to open it? In this case Tam? I'm not at my own computer right now, but wll be tonight, so I can't open the software right now. If I can find the card and open it, hopefully i'll be okay.
Thanks again.

Ted Craven
04-12-2014, 10:30 PM
Ted, thanks, another dumb q, Where do I find the card to open it? In this case Tam? I'm not at my own computer right now, but wll be tonight, so I can't open the software right now. If I can find the card and open it, hopefully i'll be okay.
Thanks again.

Lefty,

IF you have Downloaded and Converted the card OK (and my records show you have Downloaded that TAM card for Sunday), then - as discussed above - if you look for it on Saturday, you will find that card in the FUTURE section of the Race Cards by Date (the Sidebar at the left edge of the RDSS screen). Double-click FUTURE, the double-click 04/13/14, then double-click TAM and you will see the races for that Date.

If you do this on Sunday, that card will show under the TODAY section.

Hope that is clear.

Ted

ignacio todoberto bernal
04-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Hi Ted!best wishes for your family and yourself.I have a problem can't download pp's from any track,in both my desk and laptop.I just talk to TRACKMASTER and they say that their side is ok. no problem,that the problem is in our side.
I follow the download protocol and this is the response I got;
task download pp's
task convert pp to data base
convert complete ! but actually does not download,convert or convert complete.

need your help boss............ignacio

Ted Craven
04-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Ignacio,

IF you did not actually have ANY cards checked, you would get the messages you report.

Can you post a screenshot of your Data Centre. If not, are you sure any cards are checked off to download? Can you describe the Date chosen, the Track(s) chosen - and most importantly, which cards have check-marks against them for the date(s) you chose - i.e. which ones do you expect to be able to download.

Normally you download Santa Anita. Right now, there are no SA cards to download ... (i.e. Saturday is not yet available)

?

Ted

ignacio todoberto bernal
04-18-2014, 03:08 AM
Dear Ted....I just found the problem AND THE PROBLEM IS ME! Santa Anita is dark for Thursday and Friday! my wife is having a field day with me!

thanks for you quick response boss.......ignacio

mowens33
04-18-2014, 07:53 AM
Ignacio, your not the only, I was doing the same thing it took me a couple of hours to realize that Golden Gate was dark.