Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Del Mar Free Online Contest (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5929)

Bill V. 08-12-2009 04:39 PM

Psychology of winning
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pktruckdriver (Post 58755)
I will now have to suspend my contest, so much for winning , I tried my best and did well the 1st week and then reality set in and it got tougher. But a few of you gave suggestions and I want to thank you all for that, as I took that opportunity for learning and I learned from them too.

I do not know when I will be back, hopefully very soon, but till then Good Luck to all of you.

Patrick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYZUhSeRYc

Hello Pat
I hope you will stick around . I think you need to take a break
I suggest take a break and read Two Psychology of Winning
articles. From follow up # 80 "Therapy Vs. Handicapping Lessons" and from follow up # 81 "IT".

Really good thing in all POW but these two will help you today

I will continue when I can hope to see you back winning soon
Bill

Bill V. 08-12-2009 05:07 PM

11 furlongs
 
Todays contest race is race 8
11.0 furlongs

I have made win bets on the 2 and 5
and a side place bet on the 1

Good skill

Bill V.

cdax 08-12-2009 08:25 PM

I'm still plugging away at it. I know I won't win (missed races/ stupid picks) but it still practice for the real world.

I put the wad on the 1. Won't move me up much (if I win) but at least I won't lose $100 (if I win).

chris

Bill V. 08-13-2009 05:41 AM

#1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cdax (Post 58778)
I'm still plugging away at it. I know I won't win (missed races/ stupid picks) but it still practice for the real world.

I put the wad on the 1. Won't move me up much (if I win) but at least I won't lose $100 (if I win).

chris


Hi Chris

The 1 won and paid about $4.60 Nice way to stay in there

My place bet did a little but
we will get them next time

Bill V. 08-13-2009 06:57 PM

2yo maiden claimers
 
I will pass
I will take the day off and read the follow up :cool:

cdax 08-13-2009 07:52 PM

I put $50 win on 3 and spread the other fifty amongst 3 firsters. Felt like throwing money around.

Bill V. 08-14-2009 05:09 PM

Race 8 7.0 furlongs
 
1 Attachment(s)
Todays race is race 8
3yo 7.0 furlongs

win bets 3 and 4
Attachment 17425

good skill to you

cdax 08-14-2009 06:27 PM

I have 40 win on #4 and 60 to place.

thx, gs 2 u 2

Bill V. 08-14-2009 11:34 PM

Results
 
1 Attachment(s)
Well thats a problem

3 horse runs but it gets bet down



3 M ONE RIFLE $5.40 $3.60 $2.80
2nd 2 KORBAN $10.00 $7.80
3rd 9 J P JAMMER $4.20
4th 5 BRUSHBURN

Other Payouts
$2 EX (3/2) paid $67.60
$2 QU (2/3) paid $51.40
$2 TRI (3/2/9) paid $396.80
$2 SPR (3/2/9/5) paid $1,383.20
$2 DD (3/3) paid $34.40

Some thoughts on the race

My fifth contender was the 1
The reason I scratched it was I used line
1 and 4 . Line 4 was a good race at DM as a 2year old
at 7.0 furlongs Line 1 was from FG at a mile
The final beaten lengths were 14. following instructions for using KGEN
I do not use over 9.0 Beaten Lengths
so even after helping the 1 by cutting it BL it still ranked poorly
off both lines So I scratched it

The 7 was a good call. I thought about going with it
but I have enough in my contest bankroll
that I can now make to strong win bets
I thought about a side bet either place or show for the 7
Its esp was early ,, Questions about Early esp runners
can it go all the way w/w 3 readouts helped here
1. third fraction = 30.52 worst of the 4 contenders
2. Turn Time = 2nd best 34.01 but the 4 is better and the 3 is close behind
3. the 7 is going from 6.5 to 7.0 and on the "peaked" screen
the 51.65 %exdc is too high.
These factors this led me to just a make a small show bet on the 7 and two $40 win bets on the 3 and 4
Attachment 17437

Truthfully looking at this screen the 4 shows a "peaked" of 2.94
for its 6.0 line. Thats a little low
I like to see a bit higher parameter for 6.0 lines
2.98 2.99

Bill V. 08-15-2009 06:22 PM

Today is race 8
 
8.5 furlongs on the turf

I entered many lines. Paceline selection was
tricky lines were not looming up off the screen
anyway I have made win bets on the 3 and 4

Hope they run see you later

Bill


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.