Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   RDSS MAJOR problems (resolved pending update) (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11478)

rmath 02-19-2018 01:32 PM

Ted
 
All I get is a blank screen.
Tried to contact Trackmaster but no one is available today.
Had this problem off and on for several days now.

Might not be just a Windows 10 problem.
Dich

Ted Craven 02-19-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmath (Post 114216)
All I get is a blank screen.
Tried to contact Trackmaster but no one is available today.
Had this problem off and on for several days now.

Might not be just a Windows 10 problem.
Dich

It may not be just a Windows 10 problem, but it's NOT a TrackMaster problem (because I can download file, and if you wait long enough, you can still download files from TrackMaster).

Everyone - please don't call TrackMaster about this: it's not their fault. I have called them to tell them the same thing and refer folks to this discussion.

Ted

Bill V. 02-19-2018 01:38 PM

Ted
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi Ted
I just got home. I worked 3 races before I saw your message here.

So far I see no problems.


Attachment 45516

dlivery 02-19-2018 01:39 PM

version 1703 (OS build 15063.909)
(Not Responding)

carl153 02-19-2018 01:45 PM

I downloaded SA yesterday. It works fine if I don't log on to the internet.

Carl

rmath 02-19-2018 01:55 PM

Carl
 
I tried not logging onto the internet but still only get a blank screen with a not responding message.
Rmath

Ted Craven 02-19-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carl153 (Post 114220)
I downloaded SA yesterday. It works fine if I don't log on to the internet.

Carl

Carl - VERY INTERESTING! I confirm that if I unplug my RDSS non-functioning computer (my old Surface1) from the internet, things run smoothly again (so far, after 5 minutes of testing).

Could I get others to test this behaviour as well. Unplug or disconnect your computer form the internet. Please test you have successfully disconnected from the internet by opening your browser and trying to connect to a site: e.g. paceandcap.com or Google or whatever. (Please try that a few times to make sure you are not just fetching a page from your browser cache).

Then restart RDSS and see if the sluggish, non-responsive behaviour persists. I'll appreciate folks reports.

FWIW - RDSS does NOT check the internet every few seconds !! and you should be able to use it just fine without an internet connection.

But this might point me to look at new (though delayed) Windows Firewall settings, or something related ...

Ted

Lt1 02-19-2018 02:06 PM

Ted I'm confirming problem on windows 8.1.
Tim

carl153 02-19-2018 02:09 PM

I just downloaded 02/20 PRX and it's working fine.

Carl

dlivery 02-19-2018 02:10 PM

WiFi internet disconnected
Seems to of corrected the non responding issue

Lawrence


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.