Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   7/14-PRX r6 - Pace Launcher 4 (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17240)

teb21 07-29-2025 12:48 AM

I have a copy of winning Moves and it runs in VirtualBox windows XP. It is from Smert Software version 1.26. It is not for sale or trade at this time. The book is available from a number of sources.

ray lopez 07-29-2025 02:18 AM

I feel the same way as teb21.So,i'll apologize to any friends i have at Paceandcap.This is one program i cannot give a copy for any amount or trade.It is that valuable to me.

ray lopez 07-29-2025 11:04 AM

I had the book for a long time and did not pay much attention to it because of so many things going on in my life back then...But only when i got the program and been looking closely on my past records why my 4th or 5th contender won the race i bet on,all the while i was concentrating on my top 2/3 selections and missed them because most of those 4th and 5th picks that won had at least 3 catalysts.I am not saying i'm going to be rich using it,but it's a great supplement or aid specially i am very selective on my bets.And i hope it can help some Sartin classic-program players too.Again,this is just my own view and if you think it's not for you or you believe i have misguided ideas ,just disregard this.

shoeless 07-29-2025 11:20 AM

Thanks, Ray, for sharing what your doing. I like the fact that you adjust
the way you play as you need to and stick to your rules

Your a very good handicapper and one of the best I have seen at using
the older programs.

Jeff

teb21 07-29-2025 09:45 PM

I am toying with the idea of purchasing the book and adding it to my excel handicapping tools. Do you remember if there was enough clarity in the rules to make this feasible or is there judgement required at each step different people would come up with different results? I am too cheap to spend in excess of $50 for something which lacks clarity. Ideally I would get the same results as the program. Thank you. The other Ted

ray lopez 07-30-2025 10:00 AM

Ted,the Pace and Speed Ratings looks like a lot of work.His revised projected power fraction formula,"Stamina Ratings", was not revealed in the book.I have the formula but i do not have the permission to reveal it...

Ray

teb21 07-30-2025 10:01 PM

Ray, You have answered my question. The program is more than is in the book. I would not want you to share something that is proprietary. You have saved me $50 which is what the book would cost. Thank you, The Other Ted

shoeless 08-03-2025 12:26 PM

was mesmerized by all the 'bells and whistles',but i am too old now ,so to me,"less is more"...

Great statement Ray, for us older folks.


Jeff

Speed Figure 08-19-2025 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray lopez (Post 157391)
Thanks Jeff...
In the Sartin classic programs,once i get the five contenders...i no longer rely on the top 2 or 3 of VDC,BL/BL,Top 2 of the preplay screens of EXDC or the 2 lowest(best)scores of Entropy...but these last few months,the one that has really help me after i get my 5 contenders is the book of Prentice Mannater,'Winning Moves".I've been using "catalysts" to get me the higher paying mutuels.Almost every player has a pace and speed figures and it shows on the low odds those top pace and speed horses are getting nowadays.Prentice M was only a pen name and he passed away.He left some little golden nuggets from that book...
Just an example ...WOX 7/25 race 6...using VAL4... but with the help of catalysts,Cadfael went off at 12-1...
Before,i just focus on the top 2/3 of EXDC/Energy,Synthesis,Entropy...now i look at all my 5 contenders and wait for the odds...it's a new thing for me as a win bettor.

Ray

It appears that this software is being sold on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/28677270502...3Avlp_homepage

teb21 08-19-2025 10:42 PM

I have that software. At this price point it is way overpriced.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.