Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Matchup Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Match Oaklawn Park Race 8 4/3/11 (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7331)

PeteC 04-03-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delmarscott2004 (Post 70261)
Race #8 ............ 9 and 10

9/10/7 exotics

Scott

well done...win and exacta!

Bill V. 04-03-2011 06:44 PM

9 10
 
What a great race. We all had the 10 in some way but we have one nice winner
With the. 9 at 7/1. Nice work. Win and Ex Thanks everyone for joining in. I will post the result card shortly. Gs. Bill

Bill V. 04-04-2011 01:04 AM

Op
 
1 Attachment(s)
Result chart

The 10 could not hold on at the shorter 5.5 Distance
the 9 wins in a photo

pace of race was a fast 21.4 45.3 104.1

the Early eight set the tone

Attachment 21542

khannamark 04-04-2011 12:38 PM

thanks
 
thanks for the "welcome back" Ted.
I think I should introduce myself to those who are interested.
My interest in the matchup started many years ago when the Hat and doc came to woodbine for a seminar.I was trained by the Parente brothers who generously shared their knowledge with a small group of handicappers at woodbine many years ago.
After spending years on Beyers, biases, trainer angles etc I commited to the visual matchup and have been studying it ever since.
I am convinced that it is the only approach that satisfactorily describes the behaviour of the herd that is a race. It is a source of great delight to me when horses fool the human centred pundits who pick by jockeys and trainers.
In any case the matchup is the only approach that has not been adopted by the mainstream and is the only game in town for those looking foor a legitimate edge.
In my experience doing the matchup is challenging. At the track I am surrounded by mainstream handicappers, and feel like the boat in a yacht race who has tacked when everyone else has jibed. I am alone seeking the wind, and hoping to arrive first at the finish line. That 4/5 favourite whose name is reverently shouted by all gets under my skin...even though my own stats show a good profit frommatchup based betting against odds on favs.

Thank you for the matchers forum, it feels like I have come to a good place. My congratulations to all of you for your attitude of mutual respect and sharing,
Mark K

Ted Craven 04-04-2011 01:22 PM

Mark,

That seminar at Woodbine in 1992 was also my first live introduction to Doc, Hat, Brohamer et al. I still have my "Class of '92" pin!

Glad to have you here, and looking forward to more your matching talents.

yours,

Ted


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.