Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Entropy 2- Betting to Place (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9836)

Peteman 06-02-2014 12:14 PM

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the help,will try resetting old programs and folders
dos box,a odds on this newer windows 7 pc.I should have all the
files,it's just making it all work together.

I have been using synergism 4,but manual entry is slow.

I will ask you a question or two if you don't mind when i'm up and running.

Pete

noddub62 06-02-2014 12:52 PM

Ray or Bill or Ted,

What in RDSS would relate to Entropy?

Thanks,

Bud

Peteman 06-02-2014 12:53 PM

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the help,will try resetting old programs and folders
dos box,a odds on this newer windows 7 pc.I should have all the
files,it's just making it all work together.

I have been using synergism 4,but manual entry is slow.

I will ask you a question or two if you don't mind when i'm up and running.

Pete

Bill V. 06-02-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noddub62 (Post 97149)
Ray or Bill or Ted,

What in RDSS would relate to Entropy?

Thanks,

Bud

Hello Bud
Entropy and RDSS/Validator are very similar
I would imagine VDC and deceleration and whats going on in the 3rd panel
on the segments screen are formulas born out of entropy


Entropy is a nice program I do very well with it when I send the
top 5 TPR horses or the low 4 horse from the D/VC composite sort
to thoromation So I would think that the VDC readout in RDSS
would get me the same results

If you use Entropy you may get the same horses in slightly different orders
but nothing major. The thing I tell people is to remember each Sartin
program is an improvement or was intended to be an improvement over the previous one. RDSS is the latest program. Any viable readouts
in Entropy are in RDSS Ted will know which ones they are.

I don't like to compare programs so I don't know exactly
how to answer your questions. I use all the Sartin programs. But I focus 100 percent on the one program I happen to being using at the time.

Occasionally I do see both programs readouts side by side
I did do a comparison yesterday for a member here who also was interested in Entropy
Entropy and RDSS both had the $9 winner in the top 3
Thoromation got the winner 2nd Rdss had it 3rd
RDSS had a horse in the top 3 that Entropy did not
that did nothing. It happens the other way just as often

I hope Ted can help you too

Bill V. 06-02-2014 02:03 PM

Good
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peteman (Post 97150)
Hi Ray,

Thanks for the help,will try resetting old programs and folders
dos box,a odds on this newer windows 7 pc.I should have all the
files,it's just making it all work together.

I have been using synergism 4,but manual entry is slow.

I will ask you a question or two if you don't mind when i'm up and running.

Pete

Good Skill Pete

Hope you catch on soon
Nothing worse than making a mistake on the hand entry
Its a tough game. I am getting itchy for Ted to get the 4 all export out !!!:)

Bill

Bill V. 06-02-2014 02:31 PM

Bill
 
2 Attachment(s)
Ray

I mentioned this race in my reply to Bud .
The 6 is the low on the sort. The 3 is second lowest
The 3 won and paid $9.60

In regards to your post the 6 did not place it finished 4th but what is interesting
is that In the same vain the low sort horse places often,
The second low sort horses win -by design - often !
Doc says this was done to help people catch more exacta wins

Attachment 37739

Attachment 37740

bbopjz 06-02-2014 05:58 PM

Howard Sartin
 
One thing that i think a lot of Sartin based handicappers forget or overlook, is that the game has changed dramatically since the heyday of the various Sartin programs. A lot of the data which was an accurate predictor then is no longer either valid or will show a positive R.O.I. in todays sophisticated handicapping enviornment.

ray lopez 06-02-2014 06:19 PM

I think if you pick your spots well,you can still make a profit using Energy/Kgen/Exdc Thoromation...My two cents worth...

noddub62 06-02-2014 06:40 PM

Sartin
 
bbopjz,

I disagree with you that the Sartin methodology is outdated. Ted has done a great job of making it user friendly RDSS)and current. If you follow the correct paceline selection and betting decisions (wagercapping), a person can do quite well. There are other methods of play as well.

Good luck to you.:)

Thanks,
Bud

ray lopez 06-02-2014 06:56 PM

and you can still make money using Val4,using the top 3 V/DC and betting w/the right odds...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.